• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Honestly? I see Sorrentino about three steps above Greg Land.

He only draws one male face. Old Man Logan looks just like Green Arrow. I'm not a fan.

Im done with this community. Im going to OT where even the Trump talk is more sane than this nonsense im reading right now.

VanWinkle

As to Gwenpool, I wasn't crazy about the first two or three issues but it really grew on me after that. Give it a chance, you old curmudgeon.

You could probably read it and not have this opinion.

I know, I know. It's hard to start reading something that you just hate the idea of. Gwen Stacy combined with Deadpool? Bro, come on. Anyway, if it comes to OHC I'll put it on my wishlist. Maybe I'll love it.

Messi

Messi/Freeza

if the community agrees to it, could we do issue of the month/highlight of the month?

Isn't that what the op is? They are highlights from all the companies no?

I know, I know. It's hard to start reading something that you just hate the idea of. Gwen Stacy combined with Deadpool? Bro, come on. Anyway, if it comes to OHC I'll put it on my wishlist. Maybe I'll love it.

Gwenpool won't get an OHC. She may as well not be Gwen or Deadpool she is essentially a new character.

Messi

I was thinking more along the lines of best of the month from previous months. Like December OT would have comminity pick best of November. but it would be 1 book.

We can try but last time we did this people voted for one or two months and then it was 2-3 people from then on voting for the same books lol.

Malyse

Fuck Frank Cho. Talented jackass.

Kelly Thompson
Jeremy Whitley
Dennis Hopeless/Christopher Hastings

🙃
That's literally not it. She has nothing to do with either.

Messi

oh well damn. haha then nvm. I would only like it if everyone got into it

Did you know Locke and Keys final issue was nearly book of the month?

3ICsZfv.jpg

Before we realized she was the 4th pillar she took down a classic.

ComicGAF can never change this.

Malyse

Did you know Locke and Keys final issue was nearly book of the month?

Before we realized she was the 4th pillar she took down a classic.

ComicGAF can never change this.
How about a character contest?
I would like Gwenpool vs Harley Quinn.
or Magik vs. adult creepers

TheFlow

Banned
Rachel Rising #1

Liked this more than motor girl #1. Just beautiful. Enough mystery and intrigue to make you read the second issue.

TheFlow

Banned
Rachel Rising #2

bruh. now that is was a crazy conversation. Johnny thinking she is imagining Rachel until she
finds her grave with her belongings and starts freaking out. I guess everyone knows rachel has died or something.

Also that ending was fucking brutal. I can't carry on

Messi

I know she isn't literally either of those people. But it's clear where the name came from.

Yeah a variant cover of a pink Deadpool in a pool from the Gwen variant month. They aren't hiding it. But that's where the similarities end. They are taking advantage of the name much like how they did when people named Spider-Gwen.

It's funny that Chris Bachalo created her

Rachel Rising #2

bruh. now that is was a crazy conversation. Johnny thinking she is imagining Rachel until she
finds her grave with her belongings and starts freaking out. I guess everyone knows rachel has died or something.

Also that ending was fucking brutal. I can't carry on

Hey aren't those opening pages of Rachel Rising #1 fucking awesome. So much mood and horror to it. He is working on a TV show pitch even wrote the script for the pilot. That will be an awesome opening.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah a variant cover of a pink Deadpool in a pool from the Gwen variant month. They aren't hiding it. But that's where the similarities end. They are taking advantage of the name much like how they did when people named Spider-Gwen.

Hey aren't those opening pages of Rachel Rising #1 fucking awesome. So much mood and horror to it. He is working on a TV show pitch even wrote the script for the pilot. That will be an awesome opening.

The opening was just beautiful. like damn. I had to stuff myself or I would of easily burned through the first arc. gotta pace myself.

Messi

The opening was just beautiful. like damn. I had to stuff myself or I would of easily burned through the first arc. gotta pace myself.

He has all the original art to the first and last issues of all his books and will never sell them. Which is a great idea but it kills me that I'll never own one from #1.

There is a silent scene like that much later that is really sad to me but I'll talk to you about it when you hit it.

Terry is so awesome

Foofaraw

Just finished Mother Panic #1.

I liked it? I think. There is a lot of weird interstitial images in the fight scenes that I don't understand at all. Maybe I need a few more issues? I really love the art design. Parts of it have a bit of an Ellis Moon Knight feel to it. I'm sure that's intentional, as it is such a catching design.

I might be too dumb for this comic. Or I am trying to read more into it than is really there at this point. Time will tell.

Ponn

Banned
I had my first disappointing IST order. I had some early birthday money and I also had some back pay come in and I was caught up in Walking Dead returning. I had the first couple WD omnibuses and stopped reading sometime around the Alexandria arc so I decided what the hell, let me pick up the rest of the current omnibuses. Well The box came today and my first clue was the trail of white foam peanuts down my walkway to the door. They literally wrote on the box the word heavy. I brought the box in the house and a little while later my new kitten was playing with a bunch of white foam peanuts in the living room and I was like WTH is going on? So I checked the box and opened it. Right away I noticed this

As you can see in this heavy ass box with multiple WD omnibuses they only used one single strip of tape on the bottom of the box. It came off on one side and everything was falling through the bottom. I have no idea how no books fell through that except luck. Unfortunately though that coupled with the foam peanuts never being good packaging material one of the books was dinged up. Heres a pic, not sure if you can see it or not but the top is dinged in along the top of the slip case.

I'm an easy going person (its actually all the valium and prozac) so I probably won't even say anything. And to be fair like I said i've never had a shipping problem with them before. It's probably not a good idea to ship multiple omnibuses in one box and if you do it should be packed better. Usually there smaller boxes come with that shaped foam inserts and they are taped all up nice and tight so this was actually weird for them. I'd suggest if you are going to order multiple big books from them just split them into separate orders so they ship them in smaller boxes.

TheFlow

Banned
Rachel Rising #3

wtf! so many questions. wtf. That again another brutal ending. I love how both girls got into the mind of the soon to be married couple. put doubt in their brains.

Also great art. love it.

Rachel Rising #4

as the gang figures out Rachel is inbetween the living and the dead, we go back to the serial killer little demon child. Her and the witch lady will give me nightmares. The endings man.

Rachel Rising #5
We are getting closer to what happened to Rachel, but the best thing about this whole issue is that elevator panel.

The rachel plot is cool, but I think what is happening with the little girl is stealing the show.

Rachel Rising #6
Bruh wtf. Bruh. wtf.

I got goosebumps towards the end. like I am legit creeped out by this issue. Why are the guys in this book such creeps too. I figured the lady was a
witch
. Dr.Wesley
keeping his dead wife in his living room is soooooo fucke up
Then the last few panels
that accident hit me. least we know Jet comes back to life somehow

Volume 5/5

Moore does a good job of making me want to read the next issue. The first issue felt short but each issue after feels longer and longer, but in a good way.

Gotta give him credit for creating something so crazy.

TheFlow

Banned
I had my first disappointing IST order. I had some early birthday money and I also had some back pay come in and I was caught up in Walking Dead returning. I had the first couple WD omnibuses and stopped reading sometime around the Alexandria arc so I decided what the hell, let me pick up the rest of the current omnibuses. Well The box came today and my first clue was the trail of white foam peanuts down my walkway to the door. They literally wrote on the box the word heavy. I brought the box in the house and a little while later my new kitten was playing with a bunch of white foam peanuts in the living room and I was like WTH is going on? So I checked the box and opened it. Right away I noticed this

As you can see in this heavy ass box with multiple WD omnibuses they only used one single strip of tape on the bottom of the box. It came off on one side and everything was falling through the bottom. I have no idea how no books fell through that except luck. Unfortunately though that coupled with the foam peanuts never being good packaging material one of the books was dinged up. Heres a pic, not sure if you can see it or not but the top is dinged in along the top of the slip case.

I'm an easy going person (its actually all the valium and prozac) so I probably won't even say anything. And to be fair like I said i've never had a shipping problem with them before. It's probably not a good idea to ship multiple omnibuses in one box and if you do it should be packed better. Usually there smaller boxes come with that shaped foam inserts and they are taped all up nice and tight so this was actually weird for them. I'd suggest if you are going to order multiple big books from them just split them into separate orders so they ship them in smaller boxes.

You just got a bad shipment I think. How heavy was your package? I had a couple of 25lb boxes that came like this
Notice how they taped the sides up too

and it came out fine .

I think your box could of also been mishandled along with the shody tape job and that is what damaged it. Normally it is the shippers job to retape a box if it looks like it is about to open. I guess they thought it would hold. If you got it from Fedex they should've taped your box up some more.
my second job is a package handler

I'm an easy going person (its actually all the valium and prozac) so I probably won't even say anything. And to be fair like I said i've never had a shipping problem with them before. It's probably not a good idea to ship multiple omnibuses in one box and if you do it should be packed better.

Is anything damaged? If yes, I would definitely email them.

When you bulk order large books, the vacuum packs are no longer an option and they have to resort to peanuts. I'm not a fan of peanuts but they're usually fine.

and it came out fine .

Hah but your post is a trick post. No matter how the package itself had come, any box with three HC copies of Hellboy & Fatale is instantly fine ;) also, your dog just chilling. I love dog pics, bravo

God damn it. I pre-ordered those animal crossing camper van card things for my partner the day they went up on amazon. Showed as being delivered today alllll the way until I went to bed last night. Now it's "Nintendo didn't bother to supply us for release date, and say it could be a month". :mad:

Ponn

Banned
You just got a bad shipment I think. How heavy was your package? I had a couple of 25lb boxes that came like this
Notice how they taped the sides up too

and it came out fine

I think your box could of also been mishandled along with the shody tape job and that is what damaged it. Normally it is the shippers job to retape a box if it looks like it is about to open. I guess they thought it would hold. If you got it from Fedex they should've taped your box up some more.
my second job is a package handler

Is anything damaged? If yes, I would definitely email them.

When you bulk order large books, the vacuum packs are no longer an option and they have to resort to peanuts. I'm not a fan of peanuts but they're usually fine.

The top of the box was actually taped up fine, the bottom though just that one strip which just seems silly given the weight. But yea never had a problem before and wasn't that bad as long as my kitten didn't swallow any foam . The one book dinged on top but just going to let it slide. I plan on being cremated with my library so who cares about resale. Will break my orders up in future though.

Messi

Read the first few issues of the complete Punisher max. I hated every single bit of it. I actively didn't want to read it. Not for me in the slightest. I might just give the book to a friend. Whoever here said I would enjoy it must have been taking the piss.

Rachel Rising #3

wtf! so many questions. wtf. That again another brutal ending. I love how both girls got into the mind of the soon to be married couple. put doubt in their brains.

Also great art. love it.

Rachel Rising #4

as the gang figures out Rachel is inbetween the living and the dead, we go back to the serial killer little demon child. Her and the witch lady will give me nightmares. The endings man.

Rachel Rising #5
We are getting closer to what happened to Rachel, but the best thing about this whole issue is that elevator panel.

The rachel plot is cool, but I think what is happening with the little girl is stealing the show.

Rachel Rising #6
Bruh wtf. Bruh. wtf.

I got goosebumps towards the end. like I am legit creeped out by this issue. Why are the guys in this book such creeps too. I figured the lady was a
witch
. Dr.Wesley
keeping his dead wife in his living room is soooooo fucke up
Then the last few panels
that accident hit me. least we know Jet comes back to life somehow

Volume 5/5

Moore does a good job of making me want to read the next issue. The first issue felt short but each issue after feels longer and longer, but in a good way.

Gotta give him credit for creating something so crazy.

I just read the first six issues last night as well! I immediately went and bought the other volumes on CMX this morning, with how much of a page turner the first six were I might just end up reading the whole thing over this weekend. This is my first Terry Moore book that I've read and I absolutely love the art. The issues really do seem to just fly by. Been a while since I've just read through a whole volume in one sit down. That elevator scene and the last few pages of issue 6 definitely stuck with me the most.

Messi

I just read the first six issues last night as well! I immediately went and bought the other volumes on CMX this morning, with how much of a page turner the first six were I might just end up reading the whole thing over this weekend. This is my first Terry Moore book that I've read and I absolutely love the art. The issues really do seem to just fly by. Been a while since I've just read through a whole volume in one sit down. That elevator scene and the last few pages of issue 6 definitely stuck with me the most.

All of Terry's art looks amazing and he always has that page turner feeling. Pick up Strangers in Paradise.

Top Bottom