• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Hagi

Hmm I'm a huge Star Wars mark but with that creative team and a character who with Clone Wars and now Rebels has been thoroughly bled more than he probably should have, can't say I'm interested in this.

Hmm I'm a huge Star Wars mark but with that creative team and a character who with Clone Wars and now Rebels has been thoroughly bled more than he probably should have, can't say I'm interested in this.

Pretty much. I will probably just pass.

How many books are Bunn on now? He's like Marvel's mini-Bendis now.

He's doing Mercs, UXM and a Deadpool mini. I think that's it.

Not half as talented as Bendis.

Same. Hell, wasn't there a Maul comic back in the EU?

Same. Hell, wasn't there a Maul comic back in the EU?

There was one not long after Phantom Menace where he fought Vader:

12 year old me thought it was amazing.

The one you're thinking of is probably Son of Dathomir, which IIRC is not Legends and therefore still canon, despite being a Dark Horse publication. It's rescued scripts that were cut from the last season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

TheFlow

Banned
636147123430409860-STWMAUL2017001-DC11.jpg

Spring. 5 issue mini.

fuckkk youuuu mavellll. Ok I am in :)

There was one not long after Phantom Menace where he fought Vader:

12 year old me thought it was amazing.

The one you're thinking of is probably Son of Dathomir, which IIRC is not Legends and therefore still canon, despite being a Dark Horse publication. It's rescued scripts that were cut from the last season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Was thinking of this one apparently.

Malyse

Mother Panic #1: Pretty good. I like the main character a lot, and this is an intriguing, fresh spin on Gotham vigilantes. The art is reasonably good. It's rather unfortunate, however, that the villain is a less interesting
version of the villain in the current Daredevil arc. Same idea, basically, but not nearly as interesting, visually or otherwise
. I can't imagine that will be a problem for too many people here, though. ;)

Still pulling all of the YA books. That's damn impressive...we'll see what happens with Cave Carson tomorrow, though, kinda on the fence with that one. And I haven't tried Shade yet. Hopefully soon.

Question for YA experts: this book is never going to interact with the rest of the Gotham/Bat-books, right? No crossovers/events, and no appearances by Panic in those books, due to the adult content here, correct? No big deal either way, just curious.

Namesake #1: After going wild for Midnighter & Apollo, I thought this book was a sure thing for me, but nope. Cannot recommend. Art is not so great. Characters are also not so great. It frankensteins together some elements of other recent sci-fi comics without using those elements effectively. Its core concepts aren't clearly expressed. Worst of all, it's criminally dull. Dropped.
I'm sticking with Namesake. I just think it might go somewhere.

smisk

I do think Maul has been a bit overused in Rebels and TCW, but I still think he's a cool character. Will be interesting to see what he's up to pre-TPM.

talking Maul <3.

hands down one of my favorite Star Wars designs.

Yeah his design is so cool. And he was part of that amazing duel in TPM that was so good it nearly redeemed the movie. I liked the Darth Maul novel set on Coruscant that came out several years ago, too.

That's about it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So whats the big goal Clone Wars Maul has? Killing Obi Wan and the other Jedis? Big deal.
And between only shouting around that he wants to kill Obi-Wan (cant remember any other dialoug), I prefer the cool looking silent villain.

New Super-Man #5: Breaking news! New Super-Man still great and getting better all the time. Shades of gray have been woven so effectively into pretty much every significant character and organization here, no easy feat. Also, fucking
Starro
!

Do people in China read American comics at all, I wonder? I wonder what they'd think of this book? I'm curious what the government over there would think of it. It's certainly critical of the West as well, but this book pulls no punches with the Chinese government.

So whats the big goal Clone Wars Maul has? Killing Obi Wan and the other Jedis? Big deal.
And between only shouting around that he wants to kill Obi-Wan (cant remember any other dialoug), I prefer the cool looking silent villain.

That's his motivation in Ep 1 too though so I'm not sure there is any contrast to be drawn there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy?

sure why not

"We here at Telltale are proud to be partnering up with all-time critically acclaimed comic writer, Brian Michael Bendis to give fans the real Guardians experience."

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
"We here at Telltale are proud to be partnering up with all-time critically acclaimed comic writer, Brian Michael Bendis to give fans the real Guardians experience."

"And as an extra treat, Brian will be handing out free issues of Civil War II as you leave the building"

Urgh.

URGH.

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

It's totally going to happen, isn't it? Like, Movie-style Guardians is fine, just not him please.

"And as an extra treat, Brian will be handing out free issues of Civil War II as you leave the building"

Marvel's paper quality is so shit you can't even use them as toilet paper.

Contact Olivia for Gamora. Fix the wrongs of the past marvel and Olivia. Pls. For me.

It is, 100%, going to be Laura Bailey.

Star-Lord: Troy Baker
Gamora: Laura Bailey
Rocket: Nolan North or Jason Spisak (voice of Penguin in Telltale Batman)
Drax: Steve Blum
Groot: IDFK, Kevin Michael Richardson, same as the cartoon

They may also just use the cartoon voices, but otherwise, BOOK IT.

It is, 100%, going to be Laura Bailey.

Star-Lord: Troy Baker
Gamora: Laura Bailey
Rocket: Nolan North or Jason Spisak (voice of Penguin in Telltale Batman)
Drax: Steve Blum
Groot: IDFK, Kevin Michael Richardson, same as the cartoon

They may also just use the cartoon voices, but otherwise, BOOK IT.

Cosmo: J. Michael Tatum

Top Bottom