• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Just reprint Claremont's run with new covers enough of this

X-Men comics at their best are a parable of a world deathly afraid of the future and willing to do anything to destroy it before it becomes the present

If you can't honor that under President Trump, Marvel, CANCEL THE FUCKING X-MEN LINE

Legitimately sick of this absolute joke of a line when America and Earth needs it most. It's not just a shame, it's a convincing argument for the forced shuttering of Marvel Comics forever.

Forced shuttering huh. That's a wee bit crazy even for you, sir

I mean I want to agree with your sentiments but good grief man. How can I

I mean obviously they should be given a chance to right the course now that it's significantly more important, but if we're still reading the same garbage a year from now, there's a pretty strong argument to be made.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I cant believe how depressed the last week made me. And all the fallout of last week depresses me more and more and I cant hear or watch the news anymore and cant spend time on Twitter withouht feeling bad. Its not even your election alone, its like the whole world has gone mad since last year and I would not be suprised if the west as we know doesnr exist anymore soon and I am worried as hell and I am saying this as an stupid white privileged man and I cant imagine how minorities must feel right now. I am so sad that all acomplishments of since the end of the war seem to go away so quickly.

Sorry for the politics but I needed to vent but I cant at the OT side because every thread is trump trump trump.

And now I go and try to sleep. Hope I will feel better tomorrow.

DANGER ZONE

Kenny_Loggins_witnesses_emergency_landin_2832370000_16851448_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Squadron Supreme 11- 17,842
DC Comics Bombshells 17- 16,685
Spider-Woman 12- 16,175
Squirrel-Girl 12- 16,175
Scarlet Witch 11- 14,268
Hellcat 11- 11,163
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 12- 9,959
Bombshells is a digital first title so I can't it being in any immediate danger. Probably makes the bulk of its sales there.

I cant believe how depressed the last week made me. And all the fallout of last week depresses me more and more and I cant hear or watch the news anymore and cant spend time on Twitter withouht feeling bad. Its not even your election alone, its like the whole world has gone mad since last year and I would not be suprised if the west as we know doesnr exist anymore soon and I am worried as hell and I am saying this as an stupid white privileged man and I cant imagine how minorities must feel right now. I am so sad that all acomplishments of since the end of the war seem to go away so quickly.

Sorry for the politics but I needed to vent but I cant at the OT side because every thread is trump trump trump.

Wouldn't it be nice if you had an X-Men comic to read that reflected its original sentiment and values and made you feel empowered and capable of building a better a future?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wouldn't it be nice if you had an X-Men comic to read that reflected its original sentiment and values and made you feel empowered and capable of building a better a future?
Honestly, I would love to read a good X-Men book.
Even I think after the last few days that Cyclops may have been right.

mreddie

Just reprint Claremont's run with new covers enough of this

X-Men comics at their best are a parable of a world deathly afraid of the future and willing to do anything to destroy it before it becomes the present

If you can't honor that under President Trump, Marvel, CANCEL THE FUCKING X-MEN LINE

Legitimately sick of this absolute joke of a line when America and Earth needs it most. It's not just a shame, it's a convincing argument for the forced shuttering of Marvel Comics forever.

This. Fuck the mists. New threat or being back Styker. Inhumans too.

Owzers

Just do what i do and don't think about it, like when the Heat won a championship with Lebron, eventually they lost to the Mavs and Lebron went back to the cavs, everything worked out okay.

This is exactly the same thing. Exactly.

Messi

Bombshells is a digital first title so I can't it being in any immediate danger. Probably makes the bulk of its sales there.

Also Squirrel Girl is a juggernaut in trade sales and school book buying. It's safe.

Bombshells as you say is digital first and these issues are a few months behind the digital book. Good sales considering that. It's almost a double dip.

TheFlow

Banned
Power man and Iron fist #10

fuck yea, what a great issue. Feels like we are moving past the Civil war shit into a battle for Bronx.

This confirms a lot of what I've heard about this title. Comic writing is just it's own thing. Very different way of communicating to the reader and I think unless they're already well versed in comics, prose writers will struggle to go write differentially.

It really is. It's very difficult to adapt any skills you learn as a prose writer to comics, which is why it's so impressive when an author like Chelsea Cain pulls it off so well. And even her inexperience was glaring in the final issue.

Speaking about authors moving to comics, I recently read Ta-Nehisi Coates's Black Panther #1 and I think he did a great job! (Though I might wait for the "season" to be complete before reading the rest).

Also Ed, did you end up buying the DH's Edena Moebius Library volume? How does it look?

Vyer

It sucks, but do remember there are still a LOT of people who feel the way you do and that people are still going to fight for progress. The worst thing you can do is give up or adopt the general apathy that played a role in this. Those people you feel worst for need that to continue.

and hey remember what superhero comics
(like the X-M...oh)
taught you. sometimes shit can get pretty bad before you break through lol

It sucks, but do remember there are still a LOT of people who feel the way you do and that people are still going to fight for progress. The worst thing you can do is give up or adopt the general apathy that played a role in this. Those people you feel worst for need that to continue.

and hey remember what superhero comics
(like the X-M...oh)
taught you. sometimes shit can get pretty bad before you break through lol

I have been thinking about this alllll week

I'm not sure if it's good or bad. The optimist in me says hope. The cynic in me says nope.

Speaking about authors moving to comics, I recently read Ta-Nehisi Coates's Black Panther #1 and I think he did a great job! (Though I might wait for the "season" to be complete before reading the rest).

Also Ed, did you end up buying the DH's Edena Moebius Library volume? How does it look?

I did pick it up! Its a really nice reproduction as far as I can tell. If you've picked up one of the Manara library volumes you know what to expect. Its got thick paper, nice binding, no dustjacket. I haven't read it yet but it looks like classic Moebius. Fantastic compositions, clever spacing. As far as I can tell, it looks like it has the original coloring.

Not much else to say at this point, I know some people would wish we got it at a larger size but the size feels very comfortable. Its already a bit bigger than your standard comic. Its printed on what looks like regular printer paper size which is 8.5" x 11" and the average American comic is printed at 6.625" x 10.25"

rather Fox and Marvel team up and put X-men on tv. that would be awesome.

They're doing that, I think, right? Legion?

I don't think TV is a great fit for any large team with superpowers. Medusa's hair, for instance, is probably gonna be awful. These powers are way too expensive for television imho, especially ABC. A gaggle of mutants would be even harder to make work unless they just used all the boring ones

Ah yes, now i recall why i couldn't stomach it.

Gods above, Dashiell is such a massive edgelord.

Also Guera's style is far less refined here. Like he's trying to pull a grittier Eduardo Risso, wot with all the sharp angles. What made me instantly love Goddamned was how organic the drawings were, all pustulent flesh and dirt tones.

Ah well, soldiering on.

...weird. i can't recall how 100b ended.

TheFlow

Banned
They're doing that, I think, right? Legion?

I don't think TV is a great fit for any large team with superpowers. Medusa's hair, for instance, is probably gonna be awful. These powers are way too expensive for television imho, especially ABC. A gaggle of mutants would be even harder to make work unless they just used all the boring ones
Yea but that is legion. It will have a handful of mutants at best

Also if cw can make the Flash work I think we can get some decent mutant affects.

luke and jess. can't say any more. but the preview is up on Comicvine.

Like that they modeled luke after Colter though <3
-Luke Cage is as popular as he is today because of Bendis
-Jessica Jones was created by Bendis and Gaydos
-Luke and Jessica are together because of Bendis

Y'all need to chill out
Inhumans have been on TV for awhile, but...

Man...

Mafro

read the jessica jones #2 preview and got kinda upset. If bendis ruins this..
I enjoyed #1 until the last few pages. It's Bendis, so I can totally tell this series is just going to be "case of the week" with Luke shouting "WHERE'S THE BABY" at Jessica and her not telling him for god knows how many issues of decompression until we finally find out in the last issue. Think it was dumb splitting them up too.

TheFlow

Banned
-Luke Cage is as popular as he is today because of Bendis
-Jessica Jones was created by Bendis and Gaydos
-Luke and Jessica are together because of Bendis

Y'all need to chill out

Inhumans have been on TV for awhile, but...

Man...

nah fam can't chill out. seperating them and then dragging out why is not cool.

Top Bottom