• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Im always up for yaoi

BP isn't limited by small restraints of defined sexuality

Kya~

It might be my goal when I have nothing but money to go to cons and pay stupid money to get notorious cheesecake artists to draw super gay man-kissing. Like not classy shit, I'm talking down and dirty fucking tongue groping.

I want a commission from Ed of Medusa pegging Black Bolt.

I can neither confirm nor deny if I'm down for this >_____>

*sweats*

Do not use my posting past against me

I want a commission from Ed of Medusa pegging Black Bolt.
Is a ball gag for black bolt *too* obvious
Kya~

It might be my goal when I have nothing but money to go to cons and pay stupid money to get notorious cheesecake artists to draw super gay man-kissing. Like not classy shit, I'm talking down and dirty fucking tongue groping.
I can neither confirm nor deny if I'm down for this >_____>
*sweats*
Do not use my posting past against me
pls get rich i wanna see this happen

Ed do Nico Robin. Use her pre-timeskip appearance for reference.
I don't know who that is

googles

oh one piece

anime

Cucumber Quest? Yes.

Wandering Son?! Hell yes!

I've actually been compiling a list of great trans or lgbt manga (a sadly small list) for a friend who posts here and Wandering Son is for sure one of them.

I always find it interesting when *other* comic threads are in the other forums, and most of the people posting are not you guys? Who are these people & why do they not post in here haha.

I mean...I think it's like a lot of community threads unfortunately. They have already established culture and in jokes and general trends and it's sorta hard to make break-roads in depending on people or the nature of the community. I probably house out in the manga thread more than any other because the posting style and posters are ones I mesh the best with. I mean, I'm trying to become more active in here but you have to learn to adjust and try to figure out how the thread's sorta...tone or...atmosphere is? I dunno. I'm still getting my bearings as to what will actually get people talking or responses or what people mostly talk about. Like I love metal and anime but I can't be in those community threads; they're just not conducive to the type of discussion I enjoy or can take part in. It is what is.

What I'm trying to say is read The Injection.

I mean...I think it's like a lot of community threads unfortunately. They have already established culture and in jokes and general trends and it's sorta hard to make break-roads in depending on people or the nature of the community. I probably house out in the manga thread more than any other because the posting style and posters are ones I mesh the best with. I mean, I'm trying to become more active in here but you have to learn to adjust and try to figure out how the thread's sorta...tone or...atmosphere is? I dunno. I'm still getting my bearings as to what will actually get people talking or responses or what people mostly talk about. Like I love metal and anime but I can't be in those community threads; they're just not conducive to the type of discussion I enjoy or can take part in. It is what is.

What I'm trying to say is read The Injection.

Haha you speak a lot of truth there. I just figure if more people come in and chat, the culture of the thread will eventually evolve to work for everyone. Like, I didn't know a thing about farside's comic study stuff but when he namechecked certain things I'd go look them up. I won't learn any other way ha, and unfortunately he kind of stopped posting. Talk about whatever you like is my thought. I fired half of my Hellboy posts into the void last month during my reread but so? I half wrote them for me, and half so if anyone does come looking one day they're all there, and for a bunch of em I got some great conversation.

I like that book a lot btw, although not quiiite as much as Trees. I need to reread it and pick up volume 2 though, I'm trailing on my Ellis books, I haven't even looked up shipwreck (shipwrecked?) yet to see what it's about.

Haha you speak a lot of truth there. I just figure if more people come in and chat, the culture of the thread will eventually evolve to work for everyone. Like, I didn't know a thing about farside's comic study stuff but when he namechecked certain things I'd go look them up. I won't learn any other way ha, and unfortunately he kind of stopped posting. Talk about whatever you like is my thought. I fired half of my Hellboy posts into the void last month during my reread but so? I half wrote them for me, and half so if anyone does come looking one day they're all there, and for a bunch of em I got some great conversation.

I like that book a lot btw, although not quiiite as much as Trees. I need to reread it and pick up volume 2 though, I'm trailing on my Ellis books, I haven't even looked up shipwreck (shipwrecked?) yet to see what it's about.

I'll be honest too; I also have a tendency to hang out in threads that are a bit...slower? I have a very sporadic posting style because I am often posting while doing something else or don't have time to when working or hanging out or whatever the fuck I do with myself so faster conversations leave me behind and I often find myself coming in on the end of things I woulda liked talking about but the conversation is already over so I can't really start talking about shit.

I think the only reason I like Injection more is because of the 2nd volume of both; I think Injection's 2nd volume was WAY stronger than Trees mostly because Injection focused on a fascinating and entertaining character and Trees focused on the two storylines I was least interested in. Still good but I was way more interested in China and Italy.

I think the only reason I like Injection more is because of the 2nd volume of both; I think Injection's 2nd volume was WAY stronger than Trees mostly because Injection focused on a fascinating and entertaining character and Trees focused on the two storylines I was least interested in. Still good but I was way more interested in China and Italy.

You know, I remember you saying that now actually, and the china story was my favourite in trees. I'm frozen on new comics right now until christmas, but between stuff I get and stuff I buy with christmas cash, I'll definitely catch up on those. He has a new novel out soon I believe? I'll probably get it. Gun Machine wasn't my favourite book ever, but why not. I want to see if he can step up.

> Beat Hitman

Finally, time for comi--

> Pokemon Sun is out.

AU7Amsc.gif

> Beat Hitman

Finally, time for comi--

> Pokemon Sun is out.

AU7Amsc.gif

Haha, you need something like Scalped to draw you back in man! Pokemon is going to be great though, really buzzed for it. It's my kid's first pokemon too, bought him the guide and everything, I really hope he just goes in deep and loves it. He played yokai watch for like 4 months solid so I think there's hope.

Champions Monsters Unleashed cover, awesome! by Bianchi

Ellis Q&A on io9!

Highlights thus far:
That Guy Stu
11/18/16 1:29pm
What would Spider Jerusalem’s reaction be to the US presidential election?

warrenellis
11/18/16 1:40pm
Didn’t he write an 8000-word piece that was just the word “fuck” typed 8000 times?
MrMoxwell
11/18/16 1:13pm
What do you do to cheer yourself up when you’re feeling depressed?

warrenellis
11/18/16 1:39pm
I have the absurd luck to be so utterly neurotypical as to be really quite stultifyingly boring, so I don’t particularly suffer from depression. I have a music playlist called “Alive” full of big drums and guitars, and a well stocked drinks cupboard(s), and a pair of cats. I’m good.
Margrave
11/18/16 12:43pm
I’ve seen mentions of Jenny Sparks in your upcoming Wildstorm reboot. Does that mean you’re moving away from your century babies concept? If not will we see the spirit of the 21st century

warrenellis
11/18/16 1:30pm
quick, look behind you

Haha, you need something like Scalped to draw you back in man! Pokemon is going to be great though, really buzzed for it. It's my kid's first pokemon too, bought him the guide and everything, I really hope he just goes in deep and loves it. He played yokai watch for like 4 months solid so I think there's hope.

Champions Monsters Unleashed cover, awesome! by Bianchi
Why does Teenage Cyclops have a six pack?

Nope, best Ellis conversation.

Commenter: Warren, seeing as how you write about themes central to demise, both cultural and personal, and seeing as how the US has experienced a seismic shift in politesse, my question is this - is the word “coupon” pronounced “coo-pon” or “cue-pon?”

Ellis: Coo-ponn. This is also the word for “felching” in Vulcan.

This Q and A is fucking gold.

Yes, yes it was. I haven't seen a lot of new movies this year, but it was easily the best of what I've seen. It's right up there with Ex Machina in terms of favorite smart sci-fi movies.
Yea I don't go to the theater except to see comic book/genre movies. But like Ex Maxhina I needed to see this in the theater.

tim1138

Yea I don't go to the theater except to see comic book/genre movies. But like Ex Maxhina I needed to see this in the theater.

I'm super glad I was able to see it without having anything spoiled, it has such an incredible story. I'm actually reading the short story collection of the author who wrote the story the movie is based on.

Top Bottom