• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

tim1138

That's not the same mask he had in Omega MEn?

Nah, his Omega Men mask kept the visor aesthetic he's typically associated with. This just looks a white version of Hal's domino mask. That's also one of the worst Kyle's I've ever seen.

HJGLC_Cv14.jpg

kmfdmpig

Nah, his Omega Men mask kept the visor aesthetic he's typically associated with. This just looks a white version of Hal's domino mask. That's also one of the worst Kyle's I've ever seen.

I wonder why they decided to give him Major Force's hair. I'd think that given his history that would be the one hairstyle he would not choose to have.

tim1138

I wonder why they decided to give him Major Force's hair. I'd think that given his history that would be the one hairstyle he would not choose to have.

He's as jacked as Major Force too. It's like Sandoval has never seen Kyle before and just drew a jacked bro and gave him a white costume.

Ross61

Looks similiar to me:
OMEGAM_10_1.jpg

5176455-9382450006-tumbl.png

Looking at it now, his Omega Men design was odd and unexplained.

mreddie

So Wayne Brady and Jonathan Magnum are doing a story in the Annual for ASM

I'm kinda nervous because the title for it is Whose Crime is it Anyway?

After the last comic who wrote a comic involving Spidey...yeah

Also Venom is next week. Light week before Turkey Day.

tim1138

Looks similiar to me:
OMEGAM_10_1.jpg

5176455-9382450006-tumbl.png

Looking at it now, his Omega Men design was odd and unexplained.

They look different enough to me, but I'm not gonna argue the aesthetics of a mask.

I loved the Omega Lantern design, I thought it was an interesting way to visually show how he'd changed.

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel has a weaker week next week even for #1.

Venom is day one.

Also anybody else not feeling the new Doctor Strange? Now I know how Tom King fan's feel when reading Batman. like he can do better somehow.

Seems like no-one pulled Ether then, unless I missed someone. Sometimes I feel like I'm letting the thread down by not buying singles, I'd have had a review up for that no doubt. Thanos looks pretty good too, seems like some folks liked that at least.

Messi

So do I. His coloring style is very unique.

Hopefully he can find a way to do both. He does have some time freed up with Shutter ending.

Ah yes, that is likely where the free time is coming from.

A good colorist can take an artists work to the next level. Take the most recent Dr Strange issue by Bachalo (I know you don't like him). Some pages in that are incredible as they have a good colorist and others are seriously destroyed by a colorist who has no fucking idea what he is doing.

TheFlow

Banned
Ah yes, that is likely where the free time is coming from.

A good colorist can take an artists work to the next level. Take the most recent Dr Strange issue by Bachalo (I know you don't like him). Some pages in that are incredible as they have a good colorist and others are seriously destroyed by a colorist who has no fucking idea what he is doing.
Strange is a good example of how the colorist sells the whole crazy multi dimensional magic lord thing.

New rat queens series? Click New #1 with Owen Gieni of Manifest Destiny on art, starts in March. I've never read the series but there's some fans here right?
Better than Fowler's for sure. But we'll see.
Soon people will realize the error in blaming Tess Fowler for every problem Rat Queens had. The real problem is Wiebe who clearly had no idea where he was going with it and had no idea how to get back to what made it fun in the first place. No artist can fix that.
I've never blamed Fowler, but she certainly didn't help. Her art just happens to be worse and on a far inferior arc of the book compared to what came before it.
Not comics, but that Kong: Skull Island trailer. God damn.
It looks so bueno.
What on Earth are you talking about? That book was at it's god-damned high point when The Roc was on that book. It was never better than the first two arcs.
I'd be willing to take Seijic as well, but he's giving me new Death Vigil, which takes precedence.
Messiah Complex was damn good, I really want to do I nice write-up for it when I'm off this weekend. With no previous experience of this Predator X thing I must say it felt superfluous, there was so much shit being thrown in all directions I don't think it added anything. I really enjoyed where they took the story with Bishop and Cable is such a bad ass I think I can't not read his run that spins out of this.

It was quite brutal as well, quite a large body count by the end of the last issue. Now the road to Second Coming begins.
I had a pretty meaty review on it
Flash omnibus looks beautiful (these are not my photos. Getting mine on Tuesday).

LOVE this wraparound under the dust jacket:
L652NbK.jpg

Binding looks very nice, too.
68osNX9.jpg
Looks like it'll make a nice pillow when you're sleeping through that shit.
Hasn't show up in Rebirth yet. He is going to show up in Hal Jordan and GLC later this month or next, to which I've heard that he was taking over and Hal will be on hiatus.
3481982-9996816235-62156.gif

Dude doesn't even have his crab mask on the Feb HJ&GLC cover and you're expecting people to remember he has a throat scar?
tumblr_inline_n5g9n2q8jd1s9tou4.gif

He's as jacked as Major Force too. It's like Sandoval has never seen Kyle before and just drew a jacked bro and gave him a white costume.
Wait, that's Sandoval? Doesn't look like his.
NEWAVN2015001-DC11-LR-6a96f.jpg

At least, not to me.

Zombine

Banned
ComicGAF's relationship with Rat Queens is genuinely one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen as a curious bystander.

mreddie

I've been buying it but not reading it. I can't deal with Fords art. Shame as I love the character and storylines. But I just don't enjoy looking at it.

The Clone arc has art like Stacey's but Ford is coming back after it so I'm sad. Did Stacey Lee just give up?

ComicGAF's relationship with Rat Queens is genuinely one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen as a curious bystander.

Is this a real thing? I mean outside of some trolling and subsequent responding?

I always assumed most of us dropped the book because it went to shit, not due to allegations regarding the creative team. Those certainly hurt, but the book went from yay to nay on its own.

Which is a shame since the first arc felt inspired, but there are enough good books out there to move on.

Zombine

Banned
Is this a real thing? I mean outside of some trolling and subsequent responding?

I always assumed most of us dropped the book because it went to shit, not due to allegations regarding the creative team. Those certainly hurt, but the book went from yay to nay on its own.

Which is a shame since the first arc felt inspired, but there are enough good books out there to move on.

This is more or less where I stand on the book. It's one of dozens of entirely forgettable Image titles which has surprisingly stayed in the limelight due to scandal and it's inability to produce anything noteworthy of excellence after it's first few issues.

I still get this shit confused with Hinderkind.

TheFlow

Banned
what is the scandal exactly? I know one of the people said they weren't coming back or something like that.

Wasn't it a all women creative team?

Messi

This is more or less where I stand on the book. It's one of dozens of entirely forgettable Image titles which has surprisingly stayed in the limelight due to scandal and it's inability to produce anything noteworthy of excellence after it's first few issues.

I still get this shit confused with Hinderkind.

This is the book you haven't read right? Don't you bullshit me. I know you haven't read it.

what is the scandal exactly? I know one of the people said they weren't coming back or something like that.

Wasn't it a all women creative team?

Its started as two men.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....cs-family-still-suffers-effects-of-abuse.html

Top Bottom