• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

TheFlow

Banned
why not both indeed!
9GsrWXD.jpg

Im always up for yaoi

BP isn't limited by small restraints of defined sexuality
That is a pretty cool design

I always find it interesting when *other* comic threads are in the other forums, and most of the people posting are not you guys? Who are these people & why do they not post in here haha.

Gamora preview is really nice: Click Gotta love Checchetto.
Being in community does keep a lot of people away unfortunately. I think monthly threads also intimidates a lot of people because they think it's only for new comics as opposed to anything. Having OPs as solicit dumps for the month never really helped prove otherwise either, which is why I pushed to cut back on the amount Spike used to list. Didn't go over too well though and I was deemed lazy for it... Oh well.

On Gamora, I like the art but I'm still a bit iffy since Gamora was the one cast member I didn't care for in the movie. I want it to be good because I do like the Guardians, but I just haven't been into nu Cosmic Marvel.

I also decided to finish Rachel Rising last night and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It felt kind of rushed but not in a way that actively hurt the story. I would have loved a more fleshed out ending but I'll take what I can get. Great comic and I highly recommend it to anyone.

I also read Motor Girl #1 and it was really fun stuff. I need to order that Strangers In Paradise omnibus set sometime huh

Haha, you need something like Scalped to draw you back in man! Pokemon is going to be great though, really buzzed for it. It's my kid's first pokemon too, bought him the guide and everything, I really hope he just goes in deep and loves it. He played yokai watch for like 4 months solid so I think there's hope.

Champions Monsters Unleashed cover, awesome! by Bianchi

It's pretty great so far. I'm really enjoying it.

On the comic front, I just need to sit down and clear this backlog. Ugh.

Edit: Damn, that WW art is great!

I'm super glad I was able to see it without having anything spoiled, it has such an incredible story. I'm actually reading the short story collection of the author who wrote the story the movie is based on.
Yes that was part of the reason I went to see it. I went in blind and it was the way to see it

Yes that was part of the reason I went to see it. I went in blind and it was the way to see it

My wife insisted we check out the trailer a couple of days ago to see if it's worth seeing, I saw a bunch of stuff I wish I hadn't seen and clamped my eyes and ears shut halfway through :(

OH WELL. I'm sure I will still love it. We might even see it before Strange or Harry Potter

You guys are getting me buzzed for Arrival, glad. I don't k ow anything bar the 20 second ad on tv right now. Really like Denis Villeneuve, his double whammy of Prisoners and Enemy were fantastic, and really showed what he could do. Haven't saw Sicario yet but I put it on my Christmas list.

tim1138

Definitely. I'm interested in seeing how closely it aligns to the original short story.

My wife insisted we check out the trailer a couple of days ago to see if it's worth seeing, I saw a bunch of stuff I wish I hadn't seen and clamped my eyes and ears shut halfway through :(

OH WELL. I'm sure I will still love it. We might even see it before Strange or Harry Potter

I don't remember the trailer I saw being all that spoilerific. I think the advertising has done a good job not ruining the movie.

jla-rebirth-185kyg.jpg

The Wild Storm cover will be interesting to see.

Love that Killer Frost undercut/mohawk look

Barring a few bits and bobs, all my Christmas shopping is done.

Brilliant man, well done! I'm in the same boat. Partner all done and kid most of the way there, and only thing left is big and a pain to hide so holding off a few weeks but otherwise that's it, yea. Feel good about it, outside of the amount I watched leave my bank account this week. Even though I'd saved and budgeted it, it's still horrible watching it all drain out ha.

Ross61

Looks like Tom King has another book on the way. He just said he turned a script for a new "secret project". Whether it's a new DC book or the sequel to Sheriff of Babylon, your guess is as good as mine.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Brilliant man, well done! I'm in the same boat. Partner all done and kid most of the way there, and only thing left is big and a pain to hide so holding off a few weeks but otherwise that's it, yea. Feel good about it, outside of the amount I watched leave my bank account this week. Even though I'd saved and budgeted it, it's still horrible watching it all drain out ha.

Yeah, I could've weeped, but I got most things on sale thanks to Black Friday and random other sales

Just need chocolates and things like that now

i like how in issue 50 they went out of their way to show that the male Bad Horses have always been tryhard asshats, deciding that it is better to kill yourself in a last, futile act of rebellion than it is to help your pregnant wife raise your child.

Messi

That's okay, just give me an Overwatch artbooks filled with some of that spectacular fan art and I'll be happy.

Why would you pay for that when there is plenty free on the Internet. You who doesn't understand why people buy variants when "you can just save the jpg"

Why would you pay for that when there is plenty free on the Internet. You who doesn't understand why people buy variants when "you can just save the jpg"

Because I am all about the presentation. It's the same reason people buy trades. Because sometimes you'd prefer to own something in a professionally-bound edition instead of a half-dozen floppies.

Yep, 18th was the release for us. Sucks that you have to wait an extra week pretty much.

But ya got comics atleast :p

Haha thats true man. Between waiting for pokemon and licking my wounds over Christmas spending, I've actually read so much prose this month, I'm on my fifth novel for November haha. I have kicked off a reread of Y the last man though, read the first trade/first half of the deluxe edition so far. That should keep me busy over the next week :D

I'm so ignorant btw. Who did you start with then!!

Barring a few bits and bobs, all my Christmas shopping is done.

Impressive, most impressive.

I hit a bit of a snag but I'm back on track after this weekend. I forgot it was a friend's birthday so I had to source a copy of Fallout 4 with the quickness.

I actually don't have many to buy for, I'm just excited to do it this year as I have a real job and I want to go all out for the younger family this year. Other than that, just parents (because they deserve it after the year in this family) and various Secret Santas (work, IRL friends, GAF, one or two others). My siblings and I don't buy for each other, but I will buy my brothers a beer or two when I'm home, because I can.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But I need that deep lore.

Haha thats true man. Between waiting for pokemon and licking my wounds over Christmas spending, I've actually read so much prose this month, I'm on my fifth novel for November haha. I have kicked off a reread of Y the last man though, read the first trade/first half of the deluxe edition so far. That should keep me busy over the next week :D

I'm so ignorant btw. Who did you start with then!!

The fire starter. I always pick between the water and fire starters, usually depending on who I think looks cooler (or final evolution anyways).

Speaking of rereads, I was actually in the mood for some Scalped myself (despite how recently I read it) because of a couple of scenes in Westworld.

Ross61

Tom King has been getting slack on Twitter from Catwoman fan's about the recent Batman Arc "I Am Suicide". To which he had to reply to one particular fan that
he has no plans to make her a killer

Top Bottom