• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Wow. That...Rat Queens stuff is fucking ridiculous. Jesus. Sad to hear.

It's...kinda rare for Image to do a reboot though for a series. That's...a bit odd.

I liked Rat Queens quite a bit.

Messi

Wow. That...Rat Queens stuff is fucking ridiculous. Jesus. Sad to hear.

It's...kinda rare for Image to do a reboot though for a series. That's...a bit odd.

I liked Rat Queens quite a bit.

I guess its them and Wiebe trying to get a clean slate from a story perspective and a real life perspective. Rat Queens had such promise early on. Remember how it got picked up for a cartoon?

I guess its them and Wiebe trying to get a clean slate from a story perspective and a real life perspective. Rat Queens had such promise early on. Remember how it got picked up for a cartoon?

A-yup. I was really excited about that but kinda fell off keeping up with the process. Obviously not happening now.

I actually didn't mind a lot of the broad strokes of the later bits, it was mostly the execution that faltered. A bit too much trying for a feeling than it coming about naturally. Still an entertaining read tho.

Best to be optimistic about this though. If Wiebe is restarting it than maybe his work on it before will let him do a fresh start using what he learned. Could be cool. I'll give it a pick-up for sure.

Ben Caldwell also did this Scooby variant:
X6IDyzF.jpg
I've seen this variant a lot but never knew who the artist was.

Seems like no-one pulled Ether then, unless I missed someone. Sometimes I feel like I'm letting the thread down by not buying singles, I'd have had a review up for that no doubt. Thanos looks pretty good too, seems like some folks liked that at least.

I did! Sorry I meant to reply to your earlier post but I forgot. I will read it and post some impressions within the next couple days.

MG310

Is it weird that I chose Pokemon Moon because of this wonderful shirt?

Also I had this 20 dollar copy of Pokemon Y that I never got around to but Gamestop was giving 28.00 towards Sun/Moon for it.

I'll grab a copy of Moon and hopefully all the changes that they made will draw me into it because the last like 10 years of Pokemon games have left me pretty sour on them as a whole.

I did! Sorry I meant to reply to your earlier post but I forgot. I will read it and post some impressions within the next couple days.

Haha hey no bothers man. Definitely interested to know what you think, I know you won't give Kindt a free pass for it being #1 either :) it's that art, I keep looking up Rubin's stuff. Put The Hero on the list to check out, his stuff is stunning.

This feels like as good a reason as any! I went Sun but the other two members of the fam went moon.

Also lol. I'm sorry, I tried guys. I retweeted that poll to Mignola trying to nudge him or who ever runs it for him to retweet....I think he retweeted my own tweet and not the poll itself. And it was an hour before the poll closed hahah. *facepalm* Well seein how HB doesnae use twitter then eh Mike Miggy!

I told myself I was going to read ALL of Remender's Uncanny Avengers run. Yes, that includes AXIS and the post-AXIS run. Now I read everything before AXIS Prelude, and I don't wanna read anymore.

But I want to read some more Avengers. Bendis' New Avengers Complete drop this week? Otherwise I might pick up all of Ewing's Mighty Avengers. I can get past the Land art for Ewing's writing.

Also I had this 20 dollar copy of Pokemon Y that I never got around to but Gamestop was giving 28.00 towards Sun/Moon for it.

The only Pokemon that's only in Moon that I care about is Alolan Sandshrew. Otherwise, imo, Sun has cooler looking Pokemon like Turtonator, Gible, Alolan Vulpix, Cranidos, and Tirtouga.

We're trading pokemon once the game is out in Europe.

This sounds like an idea, will have to do friend code trading. I actually have no idea how to add someone on my 3DS hah.

In other nintendo news, finally got those animal crossing cards through for my partner today. Six packs, and not one double, good times.

I would like to think (hope?) Gotham Academy has enough cache as a title that can do well with some different demographics in the book market that it's safe. Can't imagine Batgirl itself being in trouble, although the team might be if they don't rebound with hte next arc. Hopefully the new artist makes a difference.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Dropped Uncanny Inhumans. Not a lot of cape books left for me, just the one's whose stories I am genuinely interested in. Got too much to read in terms of trades etc

Zombine

Banned
I feel like Battlefront was lacking in the gametype deparment. I found myself frequently saying "Man, I wish there were more gametypes. I can find way too many games in the existing ones. They need to really spread that playerbase out."

Superman

I really liked this issue and I'm really excited for Super Sons, but at the same time it really bothered me
that they so easily got Nobody and Goliath to go against Damian.

Cave Carson

I like what this book is giving us compared to the rest of Young Animal. This issue really feels like it's going to be an old school action adventure style book and it really moved quickly. I was iffy on the first issue, but I really liked this issue.

Clone Conspiracy #2

This got me a little more interested in this event. The seeming brain washing that's going on has me interested.

Archie

I'm really glad whoever in this thread ended up convincing me to pick this up because I have really liked every single issue. This latest issue with Archie and Jughead seemingly switching places and Veronica getting her revenge was just great all the way through. Really loving this book.

Suicide Squad

This was the first issue of this I was kind of iffy on. Not much really happens besides the reveal with Harley and it was the first issue that really felt light. It's always been 2/3rds of an issue but this was the first time it was easily felt.

The backup didn't really do much for me either. It didn't really make much sense to me.

Phil Jimenez on twitter:
Controversial opinion: Superman's story is not an immigrant story; it's an adoption story. Supergirl is the immigrant refugee.
Goes on to agree with those saying that Superman can also be described as Super-Moses and WW can be a voluntary immigrant. Superman has no memories of his former home while Kara had and left due to to a crisis forcing her away.

Messi

Some of them are probably really good trade sellers.

Gotham Academy sells well digitally

Batgirl being outsold by Batgirl and the birds of prey is depressingly sad. Can't imagine DC expected that. Then again birds is the better of two bad books

Batgirl being outsold by Batgirl and the birds of prey is depressingly sad. Can't imagine DC expected that. Then again birds is the better of two bad books

I can't say much for Birds, but as someone that was looking forward to Batgirl, and dropped it after a couple issues, that it was mind numbingly boring.

Lashley

What are you sticking with? out of interest

From my wordpad list

MARVEL
All New Wolverine 15
Amazing Spider-Man 22
Avengers 02
Captain America Sam Wilson 16
Captain America Steve Rogers 08
Champions 03
Daredevil 14
Doctor Strange 15
Extraordinary X-Men 16
Guardians of the Galaxy 14
Infamous Iron Man 03
Invincible Iron Man 02
Karnak 06
Old Man Logan 14
Silver Surfer 07
Spider-Man 10
Star Wars 25
Thanos 02
The Mighty Thor 13
Uncanny Avengers 17
Ultimates2

DC Comics
All Star Batman 05
Batman 12
Detective Comics 945
Green Arrow 12
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 09
Justice League 10
Midnighter and Apollo 03
New Super-Man 06
Nightwing 10
Suicide Squad 06
Superman 12
Trinity 04
Titans 05
Wonder Woman 11

Has there been evidence of this? I'm just curious.
Marvel has talked about the strong digital sales of Silk and Ms Marvel. You can see how well Squirrel Girl TPBs are doing on the NYT bestseller list (The Hardcover OGN made it in the top 10 on release), plus the push in Scholastic. Has DC boasted about digital sales for GA?

Lashley

Another speedster villain
in Flash season 3 :/

Even if he did look cool

Woah! Hah shit dude, i think we have totally different interpretations of only a few left I thought you'd hit me back with maybe five from each hahah still, always interesting to known what you consider the very cream of the crop

Haha, I'll probably cut a few more off the list soon. Some of these I am trade waiting on, like Batman, Superman, Old Man Logan etc

Top Bottom