• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

CW2 is just living up to the spirit of CW1 vis a vis delays

I remember Captain America #25 with Cap death coming out waaaay before Civil War #7

so whatever the ultimate outcome it didnt matter cuz we all know he didnt get shot until some time afterwards

Several? Huh. Cool. I'm intrigued since I figured there would only be two

With how many the Mutants got who they don't have the movie rights to? We're probably getting another Karnak comic, a new Young Inhumans team, 2 new characters getting solos right away and a Maximus book.

With how many the Mutants got who they don't have the movie rights to? We're probably getting another Karnak comic, a new Young Inhumans team, 2 new characters getting solos right away and a Maximus book.
I'm game. I'm gonna be the only one in here readin Inhumans books, so whatever. Give me what I want

GAMEPROFF

Banned
May be true but everyone is so negativ currently and the second part was a general feeling I have right now.

Maybe I have a fall depression or something like this.

I'm pretty happy with my Marvel pulls and any that I'm not I'm either gonna drop or it's too early to call.

EXM
Uncanny Inhumans
Mighty Thor
Unworthy Thor
Power Man and Iron Fist
Both Cap books
Squadron Supreme
Black Panther
Anything Ewing

So on and so forth.
May be true but everyone is so negativ currently and the second part was a general feeling I have right now.

Maybe I have a fall depression or something like this.
Who do you mean "everyone"?

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel like any company is not exempt from criticism.

2.0 is a good start, but is definitely being weighed down by CW 2 ongoing.

BK I had no idea you were still reading Squadron Supreme. How has it been lately?
Pretty good. It's like that book that you forget about until it shows up in your box and you go "oh that's right" and then you take it home and read it and go "damn that was pretty good."

Then the cycle begins anew.

Or is that just me?

Marvel like any company is not exempt from criticism.

2.0 is a good start, but is definitely being weighed down by CW 2 ongoing.

Of course, but "everything sucks" is not quality criticism

Marvel and DC both have problems I would like to see them address. That doesn't mean they aren't both putting out some terrific titles right now.

Owzers

I only buy black panther and gwenpool from Marvel, not too interested in any of the new books to add them to the floppy list.

Thor and Dr Strange alone refute all marvel books sucking, and I'm not even up date with some of the more recent titles like moon knight, panther or black widow.

Plus Echo will tell everyone himself how good daredevil is

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Who do you mean "everyone"?
It feels like everyone.
But maybe its because people talk about bad stuff more as about constant good stuff like Mrs Marvel and so it feels like Mrs Marvel also hit the shitter or something.
I cant remember the last time I have someone talking here about Khamalas own book. Or I can and it was months ago when someone complained that her books tied into Civil War.

PR on some variant covers for the next Boom!/DC collaboration:
BOOM! Studios, DC, and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are pleased to reveal variant covers for Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1, a six-issue, monthly limited series debuting on February 1, 2017 by writers Robbie Thompson (Silk) and Justin Jordan (Green Lantern), and artist Barnaby Bagenda (The Omega Men).

Variant covers include a movie poster homage cover by Steve Morris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), a Silver Age-themed cover by Paul Rivoche (Batman ‘66), a foil-stamped cover by Felipe Massafera (Wonder Woman), and a vintage action figure cover by David Ryan Robinson (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers).

Print copies of Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1 will be available for sale at local comic book shops (use comicshoplocator.com or findacomicshop.com to find the nearest one) or at the BOOM! webstore on February 1, 2017. Digital copies will be available to purchase the same day on all major digital marketplaces, including comiXology, iTunes, Google Play, and Kindle.

planetoftheapes_greenubuv3.jpg

planetoftheapes_green5juc0.jpg

planetoftheapes_greensguqy.jpg

planetoftheapes_greenpfu96.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
Of course, but "everything sucks" is not quality criticism

Marvel and DC both have problems I would like to see them address. That doesn't mean they aren't both putting out some terrific titles right now.

of course. proff has already stated he is just frustrated so all good in the hood.

This is still the modern golden age of comics.

TheFlow

Banned
Thor and Dr Strange alone refute all marvel books sucking, and I'm not even up date with some of the more recent titles like moon knight, panther or black widow.

Plus Echo will tell everyone himself how good daredevil is

So who is going to tell Donnie that Dr.Strange drops the ball.

I actually think Sorcerers supreme will be the go to strange title.

I am actually enjoying this arc a lot. Empirikul/Last Days of Magic sagged towards the end but I feel like the book is headed back up.

I know you haven't been enjoying it, but I am. Supremes is good too.

Oh it's the weekly marvel doesn't suck lists?

Spider-Woman
Gwenpool
Dr Strange
New Wolverine
Old Man Logan
Black Widow

At least those are the ones I want to read immediately when I get them. There's a couple others but they're waning.

Sorcerers was meh. Latest strange has him
fighting demon bacon by shrinking his astral form and going inside his own tummy in a diner in hell run by satana
. it is fucking amazing comics.

Sandfox

That Inhumans book is exactly what I wanted from the franchise. Now I just need to see a Nuhumans book. They even got Ewing to write it.

That CW2 delay was bound to happen because the epilogue was going to be released before the final issue at the current date.

Now this is a crossover that looks interesting. Star Trek/Green Lantern looked boring.

Since we're getting a bunch of crossovers from everyone but Image, Valiant and Marvel, what is the crossover book that would make each of us here go "OMG! This is perfect!"?

For me it would probably be Xena/Red Sonja/Wonder Woman.

I screamed when I read that flow, shame on you. Nah fair enough though, not everyone can like everything but at least other peeps are still into it. Volume 1 was fantastic.

I know it won't get far around these parts but I still think spider gwen is a really great book, worth mentioning. But yea, I know folks went off it. I'm gonna give robbie all your twitter handles :L

TheFlow

Banned
I am actually enjoying this arc a lot. Empirikul/Last Days of Magic sagged towards the end but I feel like the book is headed back up.

I know you haven't been enjoying it, but I am. Supremes is good too.

latest issue was solid. I feel like Aaron's strange work is inconsistent. When you read Nick Spencer's cap, thor, or Vision you know the issue is going to be at a certain threshold. With strange We either get a meh issue like the
dream issue where he fights the boogie man
or a crazy awesome stuff like the first 7 issues.

I don't hate it, I am just spoiled by reading so much great stuff.

I screamed when I read that flow, shame on you. Nah fair enough though, not everyone can like everything but at least other peeps are still into it. Volume 1 was fantastic.

I know it won't get far around these parts but I still think spider gwen is a really great book, worth mentioning. But yea, I know folks went off it. I'm gonna give robbie all your twitter handles :L
Bruh trust me I was one of the biggest strange defenders here. It was easily in my top 5 earlier in the year. Volume 1 and the tie in Last days of magic is GOAT story telling.

Sorcerers was meh. Latest strange has him
fighting demon bacon by shrinking his astral form and going inside his own tummy in a diner in hell run by satana
. it is fucking amazing comics.
That was cool, but I fee like Aaron is trying to give us a Spider-man gauntlet story when I rather get back to the real big bad. I think I rather have a different story and that is where my true dissent comes from

overall: I have no plans to drop it because Bachalo is slaying right now.

It feels like everyone.
But maybe its because people talk about bad stuff more as about constant good stuff like Mrs Marvel and so it feels like Mrs Marvel also hit the shitter or something.
I cant remember the last time I have someone talking here about Khamalas own book. Or I can and it was months ago when someone complained that her books tied into Civil War.
I'd say most people here are pretty positive. I mean, Flow gives us a BP review every week even when one doesn't drop and it's a 5/5 every time.

That's fair! Not quoting you to avoid the spoil tags haha I'll definietely be picking up volume 2 around Christmas, but I'm not above admitting Aaron's flaws when they come up. I think his Thor has been incredible, but it hasn't been perfect either.

I'd say most people here are pretty positive. I mean, Flow gives us a BP review every week even when one doesn't drop and it's a 5/5 every time.

Hahah dead

I forsook watching the CW superhero shows, but then I see a clip from The Flash and it pulls me back in...

But then I quickly remember why I dropped it and the honeymoon period leaves.

VanWinkle

Started Batman and Robin Eternal last night. Really good stuff so far! Already like it more than Batman Eternal, though I don't know if it keeps it up or not.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I ordered Bloodborne yesterday and I am super excited for it.
Will be my first Souls game and I will most likely break up at some point but right now the look if the game hit all my right buttons.

I hope I will really be able to play through it because I became super annoyed everytime I tried a Beta of Souls game until now :/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Excited for Black Panther, but I will only be able to read it in 3 yeas when the run is over and everything is released as a OHC.

Should maybe read the Priest Run onwards then.
Even when the run where T'Challa was th guardian of Hells Kitchen sounds far more interesting to me.

I ordered Bloodborne yesterday and I am super excited for it.
Will be my first Souls game and I will most likely break up at some point but right now the look if the game hit all my right buttons.

I hope I will really be able to play through it because I became super annoyed everytime I tried a Beta of Souls game until now :/

I'm not a souls nut or anything but bloodborne is awesome, drips with atmosphere. Plus it's huge, you get so much bang for your buck. I haven't finishedd it myself hah

Gonna sit and read the second half of the first Y deluxe volume. Girlfriend is watching freaks and geeks, it's not bad

I only started Squirrel Girl because Taskmaster is gonna be in the mext issue but I am HOOKED this comic is great why did I not know Ryan North was writing it I LOVE DINOSAUR COMICS

Brain Drain is one of my top 5 Marvel characters now

1. Taskmaster
2. Pod
3. Brain Drain
4. Magik
5. Robbie Reyes

I only started Squirrel Girl because Taskmaster is gonna be in the mext issue but I am HOOKED this comic is great why did I not know Ryan North was writing it I LOVE DINOSAUR COMICS

1. Taskmaster
2. Pod
3. Brain Drain
4. Magik
5. Robbie Reyes

One of the best comics around. Check out the fantastic OGN too.

And I bet you'll love Zdarsky and Quinones' Howard The Duck. (They actually cross over for a story!)

1. Taskmaster
2. Pod
3. Brain Drain
4. Magik
5. Robbie Reyes
It's the best Marvel ongoing, it's a joy to read each month

Top Bottom