• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

So it looks like DC starting Thursday is going to do a digital Buy One Get One free sale. Which is great. But it appears once again Rebirth comics are excluded. I really hate how they're getting worse with digital pricing and deals since Rebirth. No price drops after 2 months, not included in linewide sales, no weekly sales with them, etc.

But I get to own Manhunter digitally so that's great

So it looks like DC starting Thursday is going to do a digital Buy One Get One free sale. Which is great. But it appears once again Rebirth comics are excluded. I really hate how they're getting worse with digital pricing and deals since Rebirth. No price drops after 2 months, not included in linewide sales, no weekly sales with them, etc.

iirc they announced they have no intention to ever lower the digital price for Rebirth books. No sales, no window, nada. At least not the $3 books.

Edit: Here are the CMX tweets, make of them what you will. Sounds like this might be true for the more expensive titles like ASB too, then, though I guess you could interpret that to only be a reference to the traditional price drop window and not sales. We shall see.

Man even IDW has dope recaps. DC get some fucking recaps

REVOLUTION #4
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS SICK

I'M SORRY FOR NOT BEING ARTICULATE DUE TO ME BEING OVERWHELMED BY BRIGHT COLORS AND DOPE TWO-PAGE SPREADS AND FUCKING INTERDIMENSIONAL SPACE MAGIC

I'M TOO DAMN EXCITED ABOUT THIS SHIT

THE EMOTIONS. THE TWISTS. THE DIALOGUE. THE ACTION. I'M GONNA STATE THE REMAINING IN CAPS SINCE I'VE ALREADY COMMITTED, BUT IT IS A LITTLE IRRITATING THAT EVERY TIE-IN WAS REFERENCED IN THIS ISSUE

STILL PRETTY DOPE THO

Rom #4
Weird to read this after reading the REVOLUTION tie-in and almost all of REVOLUTION itself, considering it takes place before all that. Nontheless this book stays winning. The action and dialogue are on point, the plot's engaging, and goddamn Rom is just the best. And that ending tho...
Snake dude is evil as fuck. I've seen enough fiction to know that snake-people are generally evil. Also that other Knight is probably evil. 2v1 let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ah well, he mentioned it in his newsletter last week, but that's Brubaker deleted his twitter. Kind of makes me sad that it became enough of a negative experience he had to delete it. I suppose he could have made it private and just had actual friends and peers oppose to the random public on there, but if you're sick of it, you're sick of it. Feels a little like a *they won* scenario seeing creatives and believers of free speech retreat in times like this. Stephen King hasn't deleted his twitter, but he's completely vacated it since the 9th, before that he would post every day, funny pictures of his dog etc. Crazy times we are in, that's for sure.

CMX has a sale on ANAD collections. This is like the third one with mostly the same ones in like 3 months.

Going to the cinema tonight to watch a classic: The Silence of the Lambs.

Messi

Is it just me or is the current Squad lineup nowhere near the same power level as the League

It seems like it would only take a couple JLers to take them all on

In that story something happens to the JL to weaken them to the point where the SS can fight them.

shingi70

Banned

iirc they announced they have no intention to ever lower the digital price for Rebirth books. No sales, no window, nada. At least not the $3 books.

Edit: Here are the CMX tweets, make of them what you will. Sounds like this might be true for the more expensive titles like ASB too, then, though I guess you could interpret that to only be a reference to the traditional price drop window and not sales. We shall see.

The DCrebirth titles are you g on sale between Thursday and Monday.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/1...k-fridaycyber-monday-sale-offering-first-ever

kmfdmpig

The DCrebirth titles are you g on sale between Thursday and Monday.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/1...k-fridaycyber-monday-sale-offering-first-ever

It only will work for the first issues though, so more of a way to get people into new series rather than letting people collect runs.

The offer cannot be applied to pre-orders or bundles and excludes titles released after November 21, 2016, as well as REBIRTH titles that are not one-shots or #1 issues (i.e., WONDER WOMAN: REBIRTH #2) and special edition novels or director's cuts. The promotion will start at 8 PM EST on Thursday, November 24, and run until Monday, November 28, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.

shingi70

Banned
It only will work for the first issues though, so more of a way to get people into new series rather than letting people collect runs.

The offer cannot be applied to pre-orders or bundles and excludes titles released after November 21, 2016, as well as REBIRTH titles that are not one-shots or #1 issues (i.e., WONDER WOMAN: REBIRTH #2) and special edition novels or director's cuts. The promotion will start at 8 PM EST on Thursday, November 24, and run until Monday, November 28, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.

That sucks was thinking of grabbing Hal Jordan on sale.

kmfdmpig

That sucks was thinking of grabbing Hal Jordan on sale.

The first issue was OK for Hal, but the others start to focus much more on the corps, so it's not even a great way to see if you'll like the series or not. Personally, I like it, so I'd recommend the trade when it comes out.

tim1138

Can't wait for The Wild Storm.

I'd be scared to get a new Planetary volume. It's a lot to live up to.

I'd trust Ellis to come back to it and live up to the legacy of the original run, just like I trust him to live up to the legacy of Stormwatch and The Authority with the Wild Storm.

Not sure what I want on CMX for black Friday. I guess j want a DH sale to get Abe Sapien. Maybe I'll stock up on more Wonder Woman or something.

I was hoping for a Rebirth sale too but DC's backlog is so fucking good that I am fine with their planned deal. Great way to stock up on old stuff.

Vyer

Ah well, he mentioned it in his newsletter last week, but that's Brubaker deleted his twitter. Kind of makes me sad that it became enough of a negative experience he had to delete it. I suppose he could have made it private and just had actual friends and peers oppose to the random public on there, but if you're sick of it, you're sick of it. Feels a little like a *they won* scenario seeing creatives and believers of free speech retreat in times like this. Stephen King hasn't deleted his twitter, but he's completely vacated it since the 9th, before that he would post every day, funny pictures of his dog etc. Crazy times we are in, that's for sure.

What happened

Joe Quinones' America cover:

America001Cvr_Joe-Quinones.jpg

DO WANT

What happened

Oh nothing nuts, this is still just come down from the election. He put in his newsletter last week that he had been on and off with social media anyway but that especially in light of recent events he was closing it and from now on he would interact with fans via the newsletter . I think the wording was he enjoys the immediacy but also thinks that immediacy is potentially one of the major problems of our society right now.

Cool variant for the upcoming dark crystal sequel, by Sana Takeda. Doesn't beat out the Jae Lee cover but it's cool, I like all the detail in the background

I'm much more interested in cosmic Inhumans than these dopes tooling around Manhattan.

Also, no Soule is nice, but it makes it that much more likely that he's writing fucking X-Men which is a Trump-level nightmare scenario.

Sandfox

That Black Bolt series sounds interesting. Seeing him locked up with other op characters from around the Marvel Universe should make for some fun conflicts.

Sandfox

I'm much more interested in cosmic Inhumans than these dopes tooling around Manhattan.

Also, no Soule is nice, but it makes it that much more likely that he's writing fucking X-Men which is a Trump-level nightmare scenario.
That's a pretty messed up comparison imo.

Soule's Inhumans run was fine, but I preferred the first volume.

We are nearing a Soule/Lemiere Mutant Administration and I am horrified.

EDIT: lol and I guess I just one-upped it

EDIT II: I think it's okay for me to want "Above Fine" X-Men comics

EDIT III: The only possible bright spot is that he is an immigration lawyer. Maybe he gets it

Won't lie I'm kind of interested in the black bolt book. Ward is an interesting artist and bringing in a totally new writer could be cool. Anyone familiar with his novels?

Boogiepop

Ugh, freaking laaaaaaame. I've been wanting to jump in on a few Rebirth titles after failing to jump in at the start, and the backlog of additional issues stuck at full price has made that more and more unfeasible over time. So this would be the perfect chance for me to get on board with some of that stuff. But apparently they don't want my money, and for some reason think that they make more money by sticking to absolutely sticking people for cover price no matter what, rather than trying to tempt people to use this limited time opportunity to get into their ongoing titles.

I have to drop Harley. It's just so bad. I really wanted to stick with every Rebirth book but
a) It's so dumb
b) It's so disconnected from the universe anyway so why am I even reading this who cares

TheFlow

Banned
It's hard to tell, but I think it's the one shots + the 1st issues of the actual series. So Wonder Woman Rebirth + Wonder Woman #1, but not Wonder Woman 2 or further.

Ugh, freaking laaaaaaame. I've been wanting to jump in on a few Rebirth titles after failing to jump in at the start, and the backlog of additional issues stuck at full price has made that more and more unfeasible over time. So this would be the perfect chance for me to get on board with some of that stuff. But apparently they don't want my money, and for some reason think that they make more money by sticking to absolutely sticking people for cover price no matter what, rather than trying to tempt people to use this limited time opportunity to get into their ongoing titles.

you would only be saving a 1 dollar per issue. The price drop isn't as big as say a Marvel sale. The rebirth oneshots +1 are on sale though. Which is great for me because there some I didn't even try yet like Deathstroke.

Top Bottom