• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

mreddie

GWENPOOL2016012.jpg

Also, Old Man Logan seems to be ending in Feb.

mreddie

OLD MAN LOGAN #18
JEFF LEMIRE (W) • ANDREA SORRENTINO (A/C)
THE EPIC CONCLUSION!!
• Can LOGAN escape the BROOD and save the rest of ALPHA FLIGHT?
• What happened to DANNY CAGE and the HULK BABY?
• Is LOGAN doomed to walk the WASTELANDS forever…or be trapped in the endless reaches of DEEP SPACE?
• Only thing to do – read and find out!

Balls.

• It’s a normal quiet day at Empire State University, filled with lots of lectures and higher education, and OH BOY I can already hear y’all buckling up for a jam-packed thrill-ride of students learning quietly!!
• Well, BAD NEWS on that front, friends: Once all that quiet learning is out of the way, there’s gonna be a FISTFIGHT!
• Plus, besides the cool fistfight, Doreen ALSO gets a new FLYING SQUIRREL suit, making her easily 2150% more unbeatable!
• With a new more powerful Squirrel Girl and a rad new suit, I’m certain crime is over forever. There’s definitely not a new super villain in town conspiring to mold Squirrel Girl into the perfect minion...
• ...OR IS THERE? Who can say? Heck, I guess the only way to know for sure is to buy the comic and find out, right?

tim1138

The best part of this is the exchange about Morrison not owning a phone or using email.

And yet, we have to take some degree of personal responsibility for participating in this media ecosystem, no? Aren’t you phone-addicted like the rest of us?
I don’t have a phone!

You don’t?

No, I don’t. Because I’m a freelance writer who works at home, I tend not to need a phone, and my wife does all my business. She’s the one who has the phone. I’ve actually been really lucky, and insulated myself from this in a lot of ways. I don’t really have an email address at all, either. I have managed to hold out for a long time, so I do have a slight outsider’s perspective on this.

How often do you even use the internet?
I don’t use the internet much at all, except while I’m here in America, which is like four months of the year. When I do have internet access, I tend to use it for research. Back home, I live in the country in Scotland, and I can’t even get a connection in the room that I work in, which is part of an old stone building. I’m surprised that people survive it, to be honest! I prefer to just meditate, or look at the trees, or watch the ducks on the water, to be honest.

shingi70

Banned
Harley Quinn jumped the shark months ago and is less slice if life and just random Deadpool like hijinks.

It really feels like it's time for the creative team to leave, and get new blood on the title.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Detective Comics #945
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #9
Titans #5 (close to dropping)
Wonder Woman #11

Judge Dredd #12
Chew #60 :((((((

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
Civil War II #7
Death Of X #4
Mighty Thor #13
Star Wars #25
Star Wars Han Solo #5
Ultimates 2 #1

He was in Silver Surfer as well lol.

Haha I was aware of that one. I Google awhile back to see if they had done anything with him and that came up. It was kind if a tongue in cheek appaerence though right? I just want a shit hot Fury book again. He would mix up well in hydra cap's shenanigans

Okay time to kick up the jams. Got lots of reviews to post today, here are the first three.

All-New Wolverine #13: I wasn't terribly thrilled that we were getting an "Enemy of the State II" immediately after finishing a mediocre Civil War II tie-in, but it's different enough from the original story that it's fine. Wolverine is
being manipulated and is on the run from SHIELD
and the similarities end there. The first issue was set-up, now we get to the meat, though so far it is thin on the bone. If you read the last issue, you are probably going to predict basically everything that happens in this one before it happens up until the last few pages. It's all an unfortunately routine exercise to maneuver Laura and Gabby into a much more interesting place. It's just too bad we had to spend two issues doing that when it really could have been accomplished more efficiently. I'm looking forward to the next issue but so far this arc has been a bit too bland. Except Gabby, who continues to be a delight in every panel she's featured in.

Amazing Spider-Man #21: I thought Clone Conspiracy got off to a terrible start, and am happy to say I am enjoying it now. I thought CC 2 was really pretty good and this issue is fun as well. Kaine is a much more interesting character than Slott's Doc Ock and what he's been up to is a much better story than the drudgery last issue explaining how Doc Ock Got His Groovy Arms Back. It's just unfortunate that ASM has been stuck in "side story mode" for so long. Granted, some of the "Dead No More Prologue" stuff was main story Peter stuff, especially the last issue, but for the most part it focused on other characters. I still think Slott is trying to tell a much larger story than Clone Conspiracy really is, giving us far too many pages devoted to characters that aren't Spider-Man. That's a general criticism rather than specific to this issue, though even this tale of Kaine, which I enjoyed, could have benefited from more efficient storytelling. All that said I'm glad CC turned things around.

Aquaman #11: I have tried to resist comparing this run to the recent n52 Johns run (I wouldn't be surprised if I have, but I'm trying), because I think there are some interesting things going on here that are better expressed with an established Aquaman. His conflict with the League and struggles to be accepted by these surface-dwellers are more palpable and authentic with an established version of the character who has been trying this song and dance for awhile without much success. It doesn't matter what Arthur does, we don't trust him. We think he's weird. We think he's a joke. Damn that does feel real, you know? His frustration and grief hit me whenever this comes up, far more now than during the Johns run.

But man, they aren't making it easy to avoid these comparisons, are they? It looks for all the world like we're about to do
Throne of Atlantis
again with
Manta, NEMO and the separatists
standing in for
Ocean Master and his band of separatists
. There's every reason to believe this will turn out better than that story but...it's still the same story, at least it looks that way so far. Just make it good, please, Abnett. Are there really so few stories to tell about Aquaman?

Top Bottom