• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Sandfox

I'm going to have to make major changes to my pull list due to all the books that have been announced in the past two months or so.

I'm with you man. I love them both.
Some of the things I see people say about Sam around the internet is harsh and sometimes nonsensical.

I'm about to meet my roommates. If you don't hear back from me in an hour then I died and tell Slayven he can have my comic collection. It's all shit but I'm sure he'll find something valuable.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I still enjoy Southern Bastards, I liked the Coach Boss arc and the new arrival is cool. But it's hard to disagree with the notion that it would have been perfectly fine as a single volume series

Couldn't possibly disagree more. That would have been one very unsatisfying mini-series.

You guys need to stop hating on Sam.

I don't hate Sam. I just don't like him either. The character is largely null for me.

I'm the guy who keeps pointing out that all of Rider's best stuff only came at the end of the character's lifespan! He used to be New Warriors' Sam!

Any of you guys are watch the dc and marvel shows.

Just the Netflix shows. Big fan. Halfway through Cage, because we're slow. Just watched the episode where (major Luke Cage spoilers)
Luke and Claire officially team up, Scarfe goes wherever corrupt cops go, and Cottonmouth gets what's coming to him. My wife said, "wait is it over? Is this the last episode?" She doesn't know. Diamondback comin.

I tried to watch Agents of SHIELD, got through the end of S2 and still wasn't feeling it. Almost came back for Ghost Rider but ehhhhhh. Nah. I'm good.

I have tried several of the DC shows but I really do not like them at all.

shingi70

Banned
I watch pretty much everything and the CW stuff is my favorite as it's like watching a comic book for better or worst.

Cage is the best thing out this year, I love
that the show feels blaxplotaion whenever Diamondback shows up, the prison episode, and the montage of suited and booted Luke beating up goons before the funeral.

kmfdmpig

Any of you guys are watch the dc and marvel shows.

Yes, some of them.
DC:
Supergirl (although I'm behind)
Flash (a bit down from previous years, but I still like it)
Arrow (the best it has been since Season 2)
Legends of Tomorrow (it found its niche now as a fun adventure show)
Can't wait for Young Justice Season 3 as the first two were absolutely great.

Marvel:
Daredevil (loved both seasons)
Jessica Jones (loved Alias, but this show wasn't as good as I had hoped)
Luke Cage (not yet, but on my list and I'm looking forward to it as Luke Cage was great in JJ).

Zombine

Banned
In the process of watching Luke Cage, and it's probably the best of the bunch.

On a different note, what's the word on Sweet Tooth for those who read? I've heard it's one of Lemire's less obtuse projects.

I don't think so.

100 percent.

tumblr_o1vif0gfba1ru09bvo1_400.jpg

tumblr_o1vif0gfba1ru09bvo2_1280.jpg

One of the dumbest and most immature members of the team. He was lucky that he was also one of the most powerful. That's why the DNA run worked: it was all about him finally stepping up to the plate and being a real goddamn hero.

Sandfox

People on twitter keep asking Spencer to turn Steve back to normal because we need someone to beat up Nazis due to all the issues going on today. You would think the people needing this would actually check to see what's happening in the line before commenting lol.

People on twitter keep asking Spencer to turn Steve back to normal because we need someone to beat up Nazis due to all the issues going on today. You would think the people needing this would actually check to see what's happening in the line before commenting lol.

Yeah. You need to let that story ride. Damn good Captain America run between both books.

A few brief thoughts as my brain is getting kinda mushy

Moonshine #2: An issue so perfect in pacing and execution I wouldn't dream of saying a single thing about it other than it's fucking fantastic and you should buy it. And you should go in blind if you can.

Old Man Logan #13: Ha ha ha oh wow. Wow! Ha ha what is going on here ha am I reading the same book. What. I mean...WHAT.

I thought the last issue was unintentionally goofy and practically killed what has been an exceptional arc but what an insane recovery.
And I do mean insane. I mean some real wild shit goes down in this issue that I did not expect at ALL.

The flashbacks continue to be poignant and sadly sweet, too. Terrific issue. A hail mary pass into the end zone in every possible sense.

Paper Girls 9-10: Ah, nice to be caught up on Paper Girls. I missed them. I still don't really understand what is going on, or even who the good guys are! But I love these characters. Vaughan has done some good work these past few issues defining their differences while also drawing them closer together.

And I want to know what the fuck is happening. The mystery drives me. Burns me. That last page of #10, what the fuck.

So much what the fuck and holy shit in this batch, all of them

Zombine

Banned
Holy shit Misty Knight is an absolute bum in Luke Cage. She goes from being this strong character, to throwing away her professionality and common sense left and right just to move the plot forward.

mreddie

Why not? Better than those shitty action figure variants.

Man, those things are pointless.

I get the hip hop covers but the new thing is old school versions of characters.

Yay?

Has it been pointed out that Wasp and vision are related?

Pym made Ultron who made Vision

Also Pym is Nadia's daddy

Richie Rich is spreading the rumor Squadron Supreme is canned since it has no Feb solclit.

Top Bottom