• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Tizoc

fuck Death of X, fuck Jeff Lemire, fuck Charles Soule, fuck Aaron Kuder, fuck whoever filled in for him, fuck everyone involved in the making of this piece of shit comic book event

GOD WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COMIC BOOK EVENT

it can't even be "okay fine, you're getting from this shitty place to a cool new place" because it pulls the rug out from under you like "haha psych this was, and always will be, shit"

GOD I SWEAR IF ANY OF THOSE FUCKERS ARE STILL ON AN X-MEN BOOK COME RESURREXION THE LINE IS DOOMED

DOOMED I SAY

image.php

Kinda glad I'm reading 99% LESS Marvel comics that I used to a few years ago @_@

I just read the first issue of Unworthy Thor and really enjoyed it. I haven't read Thor in years so I did some digging on Wikipedia to find out what happened to him. And this lead me to Original Sin. Is that worth reading? I haven't seen much discussion about it. I'm not crazy about Marvel events in general but Jason Aaron is a pretty reliable writer.

And if it is worth reading, will I be able to follow the story if I just pick up issues 0 through 8?

I just read the first issue of Unworthy Thor and really enjoyed it. I haven't read Thor in years so I did some digging on Wikipedia to find out what happened to him. And this lead me to Original Sin. Is that worth reading? I haven't seen much discussion about it. I'm not crazy about Marvel events in general but Jason Aaron is a pretty reliable writer.

And if it is worth reading, will I be able to follow the story if I just pick up issues 0 through 8?

It's pretty self-contained but mediocre as events go. The event that leads to Unworthy Thor is like one page out of the whole thing.

It's a decent Nick Fury story though. We get so few of those these days.

ElNarez

Banned

Original Sin is maybe the best non-Hickman Marvel Event of the past ten years? It's not perfect, but it's a pretty fun big story with a nice mystery around weird characters.

I liked Rosenberg's writing in We Can Never Go Home and apparently his Marvel stuff is pretty good, so I'm sure it'll be decent. Weird roster though-- very Inhumansy.

Is Ms. Marvel the new Wolverine? She's everywhere now lol

I liked Rosenberg's writing in We Can Never Go Home and apparently his Marvel stuff is pretty good, so I'm sure it'll be decent. Weird roster though-- very Inhumansy.

Yeah Kingpin was good for the most part so I'm sure I will try it. But I don't exactly see a bright future for it.

I love Kamala but she cannot carry two teams and a solo, not when one of those teams is so C-list. Not that these characters can't be on teams but you can't just toss a bunch of dudes on a team without any thought spent on creating a good and interesting set. That's what this seems like.

It's pretty self-contained but mediocre as events go. The event that leads to Unworthy Thor is like one page out of the whole thing.

It's a decent Nick Fury story though. We get so few of those these days.

Original Sin is maybe the best non-Hickman Marvel Event of the past ten years? It's not perfect, but it's a pretty fun big story with a nice mystery around weird characters.

Thanks for the answers. Too bad that it's not really about Thor but it sounds like a pretty interesting mystery. I'll try the first couple of issues.

shingi70

Banned
Another problem how do you build and espionage team around Ms.Marvel and Moon Girl. They're two of the current promient heroes.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of sad the book isn't by a female writer. More than half the team is prominent female heroes and it would be a nice replacement for A-Force(which they can't bring up as a "We have a all female book/team by a female writer!" at the next con/Women Of Marvel panel).

tim1138

Yep. The man who is writing three books for Marvel now along with his Black Mask work is rumored to also be helping with Wildstorm

lol

Well, it's not like his Black Mask stuff comes out with any frequency, 4 Kids was supposed to be finished by now, but only has two issues out.

ElNarez

Banned
Speaking of which, I'm kind of sad the book isn't by a female writer. More than half the team is prominent female heroes and it would be a nice replacement for A-Force(which they can't bring up as a "We have a all female book/team by a female writer!" at the next con).

don't worry, they have 23 books with female leads

it's literally a line they were using, and it's so fucking dumb I don't know where to start, but

23 books

Not sure why but my Marvel hiatus didn't last long. I'm still lower than I used to be but today I filled in a few gaps on Spidey, Avengers, Iron Man(s), and...X-Men.

I KNOW.

But I read in the solicits that Fantomex is gonna fight Karnak and shit man. I gotta be ready for that.

Anyway, Clone Conspiracy got LIT in #2 after a humdrum #1. Did NOT see that reveal coming. This is some classic Slott and I am on board.

Tizoc

Ruka is lame and what he's done to wonder woman is equally lame.

I dropped his current Wondy run since it didn't grip me at the start, but if you so much as trash on Rucka's older Wondy run (sans her killing Maxwell Lord, that's DC mandate and I'm sticking to that story) or his prior work, then son we goin' to war
commando-matrix-firing_rocket_launcher1.png

shingi70

Banned
I dropped his current Wondy run since it didn't grip me at the start, but if you so much as trash on Rucka's older Wondy run (sans her killing Maxwell Lord, that's DC mandate and I'm sticking to that story) or his prior work, son we goin' to war
distractify-media-prod.cdn.bingo/1554960-980x.jpg

Wrong wording I like Ruka (Black Magick and Lazarus are dope) but I'm not liking him wiping everything Azzeralo worked on despite the quality of the the book. Right now I'm ordering the year one stuff to the Liam Sharpe story.

Remember how Bendis said expanding the event and delaying the issues would let him make the story and pacing better and make a killer ending?

I feel like this issue could've been double sized. Just have it end here.

Yeah, there's no reason 7 and 8 couldn't have been one issue.

Also, I feel like
the whole Old Man Logan thing was a last minute cover for art delays. But hasn't Sorrentino done every issue of OML? Dude is a fucking machine.

What's up with last weeks Doctor Strange? Is it becoming more of a comedy book? Felt like a weird out of place issue after the last arc and how the issue before handled everything. I always expect some bit of comedy, but this issue just felt weird.

Well, it's not like his Black Mask stuff comes out with any frequency, 4 Kids was supposed to be finished by now, but only has two issues out.

LOL fair enough. Isn't he supposed to start up on We Can Never Go Home again too?

I also just read Snotgirl #4 and wow I missed this comic. Leslie Hung's art is the real highlight for me here mixed with the fun dialogue. It's amazing to see her go from someone on tumblr drawing fanart of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to illustrating a monthly comic. She's a great artist and a perfect fit for this book.

OmegaX

Wrong wording I like Ruka (Black Magick and Lazarus are dope) but I'm not liking him wiping everything Azzeralo worked on despite the quality of the the book. Right now I'm ordering the year one stuff to the Liam Sharpe story.

How much is he undoing the work of Azzarello? I liked the Greek Gods, Zola, and Zeke.

Top Bottom