• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

ElNarez

Banned
How much is he undoing the work of Azzarello? I liked the Greek Gods, Zola, and Zeke.

I'm gonna say this, as a fan of the Azz/Atkins/Chiang/Sudzuka WW run: what Greg Rucka and Liam Sharp are doing in this week's Wonder Woman is far weirder, and thus way more interesting, than wiping everything about that run.

ElNarez

Banned
getting green in 2016 marvel means getting an arrow to the head, maybe even worse now that hawkeye is apparently the greatest hero ever

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
fuck Death of X, fuck Jeff Lemire, fuck Charles Soule, fuck Aaron Kuder, fuck whoever filled in for him, fuck everyone involved in the making of this piece of shit comic book event

GOD WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COMIC BOOK EVENT

it can't even be "okay fine, you're getting from this shitty place to a cool new place" because it pulls the rug out from under you like "haha psych this was, and always will be, shit"

GOD I SWEAR IF ANY OF THOSE FUCKERS ARE STILL ON AN X-MEN BOOK COME RESURREXION THE LINE IS DOOMED

DOOMED I SAY

That shit was so bad it made me drop Black Hammer.

you can't drop that and not say what it's about

is it about the fact the nerdos realized the book stars a bisexual woman in a poly relationship?

Harley and Ivy go on a break with Harley saying the "It's not you, it's me" line. Ivy fans got pissed Ivy won't even be Harley's girlfriend(something they've complained about even while other books with Ivy in them exist but sell badly and are cancelled)
and are taking it out on the creative team for "lying to them".

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the comics when Carl sneaks to Negans stronghold, Jesus isn't there, is he?

ElNarez

Banned
oh, so it's literally about that thing I just said, and which was known to even me, and I don't even read the book

nerdos don't get relationships, film at 11

Zombine

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the comics when Carl sneaks to Negans stronghold, Jesus isn't there, is he?

Isn't Jesus
sent out on a mission to locate the Savior camp
during that time? So he's actively busy when
Carl sneaks on the trunk and takes out those Saviors with the M14

McDuffie was one of a very few black people working at Marvel at the time. When I shared a story that Dwayne told me about a Marvel editor who infamously kept a Sambo figurine on his desk, Wayne told me he’d heard the same thing from his late friend. It goes like this: Offended by the racist caricature curio, McDuffie, artist/Milestone co-founder Denys Cowan, and other freelancers who’d come through the offices would snatch the figure from the desk. “Yeah, they would steal it,” Wayne told me. “But [the editor] would always get another one.”

“Institutional racism at Marvel was something that got talked about,” Wayne remembered. “It was a small office. [Artist] Mark Bright would come in and suddenly we’d all be talking about how there are some artists at Marvel who didn’t want to be seen talking to two black people in the hall. People would go by and say, ‘Maybe they’re planning something.’ But that’s corporate culture in America probably to this day. Although I think it’s a lot less of the norm than it used to be.”

From io9's "The Wife of Legendary Comics Writer Dwayne McDuffie Wants to Make Sure People Never Forget His Legacy"

shingi70

Banned
Harley and Ivy go on a break with Harley saying the "It's not you, it's me" line. Ivy fans got pissed Ivy won't even be Harley's girlfriend(something they've complained about even while other books with Ivy in them exist but sell badly and are cancelled)
and are taking it out on the creative team for "lying to them".

Wait I thought it was
Ivy bridge who broke things off due to her crusade.

Sucks DC hasn't been able to exactly get Ivy right, out side of when she's with Harley. Maybe they could play up the Mystical connection to the green more.

I looove the art in the new hulk book. So good.

http://www.cbr.com/hulk-1-preview/

Not crazy about the tone they're going for with this one. She-Hulk is absolutely one of my favorite Marvel characters and I've always enjoyed how fun her comics are. But, I know the writer on this is supposed to be good (I've heard nothing but good things about This One Summer), so I'm hoping it still manages to please someone like me.

Art is really nice though

Wait I thought it was
Ivy bridge who broke things off due to her crusade.

Sucks DC hasn't been able to exactly get Ivy right, out side of when she's with Harley. Maybe they could play up the Mystical connection to the green more.

Can't remember. I think it was both.

mreddie

Sophie Campbell is back on Jem...
doing a cover for the spinoff.

Misfits-03-cvrSUB.jpg

Tizoc

Wrong wording I like Ruka (Black Magick and Lazarus are dope) but I'm not liking him wiping everything Azzeralo worked on despite the quality of the the book. Right now I'm ordering the year one stuff to the Liam Sharpe story.

We have reach an accord.
But authors ignoring or overwriting a prior author's work isn't uncommon in comics.

Hagi

Death of X was weird and kinda bad but mainly it doesn't even make sense.

The bullshit surrounding everyone hating Scott seems bloody silly now when we see that he didn't really even do anything that bad in the first place. What reason do mutants have to hate him? shouldn't they be happy that there is only one dumb death cloud travelling the planet? why all the hate for Sunfire when Magik was just as much involved with Scott as he was? nobody seemed to give a shit that Black Bolt fucking "murdered" him...

oh and Emma what the hell bae

If any of the writers are involved with the relaunch of the X books then abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Really dug the Avengers re-whatever #1. Del Mundo takes things to some really amazing places. I don't think I've read a team book like this before. It's almost like Sienkievich on New Mutants.

Batgirl also ended its first storyline really strong.

I bought way way way too many comics today.

Hagi

A Secret Warriors sequel with Quake as the main character sounds pretty cool but this isn't really that so hmm hard sell.

Claire Roe likes Supergirl and does fan art based on the show. Someone asked her about drawing comic!Kate Kane meeting Alex and Maggie:
tumblr_inline_oh3xl0rnno52.jpg

Roman

Death of X was weird and kinda bad but mainly it doesn't even make sense.

The bullshit surrounding everyone hating Scott seems bloody silly now when we see that he didn't really even do anything that bad in the first place. What reason do mutants have to hate him? shouldn't they be happy that there is only one dumb death cloud travelling the planet? why all the hate for Sunfire when Magik was just as much involved with Scott as he was? nobody seemed to give a shit that Black Bolt fucking "murdered" him...

oh and Emma what the hell bae

If any of the writers are involved with the relaunch of the X books then abandon hope all ye who enter here.
I think you have put more thought into this than Editorial did.
Death of X ended pretty close to what I expected.

Same. The hints were obvious and of course they wouldn't be able to justify the hate. Again.

Phamit

Wow, I read the Death of X spoiler.

It would probably have been more interesting if they actually let him die how he died and let the other characters deal with it.

Sandfox

Wow, I read the Death of X spoiler.

It would probably have been more interesting if they actually let him die how he died and let the other characters deal with it.

This is better IMO because
it "redeems" Cyclops as a character and other X-Men are going to have some crazy reactions when they learn the truth.

Just read DoX.

No, it does not make sense, it treats some of my favorite characters horribly and the writing is atrocious. Everyone involved should be ashamed. But my venom for it is utterly spent. Whatever, it's over, it was the worst damn event from Marvel since...geez I don't even know. Something in the '90s. Okay. Let's move on and hope that something interesting can be salvaged from the character assassination of
Emma Frost

Edit: can't wait for
Medusa and Black Bolt to throw a fit when they learn Emma let them believe they killed Scott when they fucking did their best to murder an ally and friend and haven't given a single ounce of shit since it happened

Top Bottom