• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

A.D. is a real weird book. About halfway through it and I'm gonna let it sit for a bit.

Don't buy it if you don't like doing a lot of reading.

Oh look, another thread where people who don't read comics anymore think they know everything about today's comics from one story.

The new DoX thread? If so, yes, that thread is beyond intolerable

Don't buy it if you don't like doing a lot of reading.

It has a lot of pure prose right? Pretty interested, since Snyder was originally going to go down the novel route (always wanted to read his short stories collection). I remember a few years back he talked about a novel called the goodbye suit, that he had decided to turn into some sort of ogn and that it would feature a lot of prose. I wonder if this project has any similarities to that.

Malyse

I didn't think CWII #7 was that bad. I almost liked it and it's still a really pretty book.
I can tell you without reading the conclusion that the last three issues could and should have been condensed into two.

-----

I'm very concerned about SS v JL. Mainly because Harley shouldn't have to fight her crush.

It has a lot of pure prose right? Pretty interested, since Snyder was originally going to go down the novel route (always wanted to read his short stories collection). I remember a few years back he talked about a novel called the goodbye suit, that he had decided to turn into some sort of ogn and that it would feature a lot of prose. I wonder if this project has any similarities to that.

That's interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if the two projects are related, it does go back and forth between a normal comic approach and pure prose.

I can tell you without reading the conclusion that the last three issues could and should have been condensed into two.

I don't disagree.

Scholastic saving Hellcat, Moon Girl, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, and any other kid friendly comic is probably the only successful way to keep those book from cancellation. DC should probably look into that.

Scholastic saving Hellcat, Moon Girl, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, and any other kid friendly comic is probably the only successful way to keep those book from cancellation. DC should probably look into that.

Is Gwenpool in the Scholastic deal? That is not an all ages book.

But yeah I agree it's really fucking good business

TheFlow

Banned
Ahh you know what? I am glad I didn't buy death of x today.

Cyclops was right it seems.

Also keep soule away from the team books

Zombine

Banned
You guys think that IvX will be better at least?

P5TeuEh.gif

Roman

After reading these Death Of X spoilers, I'm not ever bothering to read this thing. You guys think that IvX will be better at least?

Of course not. They are going to double down. That corporate synergy with the upcoming TV show isn't going to create itself!

At times like these I wish the Discord was active so I could cut loose with my rage.

TheFlow

Banned
ok so yea IvsX is actually happening lol. By the same people who did Death of X. I guess this is the book that takes us back to 90s x-men.

kmfdmpig

Has anyone in this thread read Dreaming Eagles?

It's a six-issue mini by Garth Ennis focused on the Tuskegee Airmen and it's quite good. It's the more restrained Ennis, as he typically is when writing historical war stories, so there is nothing done for shock value. If you've read Enemy Ace, Battlefields or War Stories then it's very much in that vein, but it does a good job of splitting the focus between the war and the racism that the pilots went through both during and after the war.

I highly recommend it.

It's a lot of the same people responsible for this complete clusterfuck. It's hard to be positive

Yeah, I know. Just joking around.

ok so yea IvsX is actually happening lol. By the same people who did Death of X. I guess this is the book that takes us back to 90s x-men.

Marvel should just reveal the creative teams on these new X-Men books. Kind of hard to get hyped with only cryptic teasers.

kmfdmpig

I agree, but wonder which books would be a good fit. Superhero Girls, Super Powers, maybe Supergirl, Superman and Blue Beetle. One book that I thought was surprisingly good and could have benefited from this was Lil' Gotham.

Owzers

Before I get my hopes up, who is making it?

Edit: Ugh. Diamond Select. Poop quality confirmed. They are also doing Gwenpool. Considering there are no other Gwenpool statues, it will simultaneously be the best and worst Gwenpool figure in existence.
Really not a fan of selfie things, hoping Artfx gets a gwenpool out.

Hagi

After reading these Death Of X spoilers, I'm not ever bothering to read this thing. You guys think that IvX will be better at least?

I don't think it will be worse but then again I don't think it will be good either. We're just ending one middling heroes vs heroes event and going straight into another. It all seems a tad overwrought. We don't even have the creative teams for the post IvX books yet so it's not like I can look forward to those with some positivity.

I love the X-men so I would like the future to be bright. :p

I am excited. But then again I've enjoyed all of Civil Wars main issues. Maybe I am just not jaded enough.

Jaded seems a bit loaded no? some people just aren't enjoying the current output of the books. It's nice that you are though.

TheFlow

Banned
that death of X thread is filled by people who read comics.

example:

"Fuck comics"

"x-men has been crap since bendis"

"this is why I don't read x books"

lol is this real life.

Guys, wash the taste of Death of X outta your mouth with Deathstroke 7.

This
Superman
encounter in the next issue is going to be amazing. And I only have to wait two weeks thank god for double-shipping.

that death of X thread is filled by people who read comics.

example:

"Fuck comics"

"x-men has been crap since bendis"

"this is why I don't read x books"

lol is this real life.
So a typical OT comic thread. The response I always love is the person who "claims" they would want to pick up a comic but see a thread like this and go "nope". That fake interest to come in all smug is a OT comic thread staple.

Messi

X is getting more books than I but then again, we still have 2 days left.

They just announced black bolt yesterday. So they aren't done with this stuff. Regardless of who gets more books. Neither team will be wrecked and they will continue to publish both teams books.

Top Bottom