• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

omg
I watched Pacific Rim last night.
Greatest fight scenes OF ALL TIME.

This your first time watching it? If so...
Why are ComicGAF so slow?
We got people who hadn't watched Mad Max FR, now peeps who hadn't watched Pacific Rim until now @_@

omg
I watched Pacific Rim last night.
Greatest fight scenes OF ALL TIME.

ELBOW ROCKET

qwZul.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
We got people who hadn't watched Mad Max FR, now peeps who hadn't watched Pacific Rim until now @_@

...Mad Max FR is next on my list

Hagi

Least you don't get caught up in the hype if you don't watch movies on release. OT is especially bad for hyping shit up to ridiculous degrees.

Pacific Rim is great though even with Charlie Hunnam

Least you don't get caught up in the hype if you don't watch movies on release. OT is especially bad for hyping shit up to ridiculous degrees.

Pacific Rim is great though even with Charlie Hunnam

You mean the guy with the fixation on tucking his thumbs into his belt?

Messi

Some of us are not big movie watchers. Some only watch romantic comedies or Olivia Wilde movies.

Tizoc

Some of us are not big movie watchers. Some only watch romantic comedies or Olivia Wilde movies.

There's no such thing as 'big movie watchers'
Just watch whatever's hot at the theaters, instead of trying to be cool by standing out and acting like you're not with the 'in' crowd.

Come on fams, just take the dive, it's like a box of chocolate; you never know what you're gonna get it.

...Mad Max FR is next on my list

Well you're in for a treat, best action movie of the past decade.

Messi

Just watch whatever's hot at the theaters, instead of trying to be cool by standing out and acting like you're not with the 'in' crowd.

Come on fams, just take the dive, it's like a box of chocolate; you never know what you're gonna get it.

Well you're in for a treat, best action movie of the past decade.

What? Some people just don't like movies. It's not a big deal.

Hagi

How about just watching what you want to watch instead of following the crowd for no other reason than "just because". Nobody is even talking about acting cool lol If someone like Messi just wants to watch romantic comedies who gives a shit.

Tizoc

How about just watching what you want to watch instead of following the crowd for no other reason than "just because". Nobody is even talking about acting cool lol If someone like Messi just wants to watch romantic comedies who gives a shit.

I got nothing against Messi watching such movies, I might give them a watch myself, Wilde does look sexy~

What? Some people just don't like movies. It's not a big deal.
Movies are pretty much the most limited storytelling medium I can think.

Great for spectacle and scope but pretty limited in character development. it's super impressive when a movie like Fury Road can pack strong character development told almost exclusively by character action.

Also most movies *really* focus on actors faces. Very annoying.

Tizoc

Movies are pretty much the most limited storytelling medium I can think.

Great for spectacle and scope but pretty limited in character development. it's super impressive when a movie like Fury Road can pack strong character development told almost exclusively by character action.

Also most movies *really* focus on actors faces. Very annoying.

I think various movies do character development fine, although overall character development even being in a movie depends on the movie itself, and what it sets out to do.
The latter is much like comics: You can have a Batman story that lasts say 6 issues, there wouldn't be any noticable character development but it could still be an entertaining story.

Tizoc

Say ed have you watched
Iron Giant
Rango

I know they're animated movies, but both have great character development.

Hagi

I am too actually, but not a fan of AHS. I was surprised/excited by his cameo on Hannibal.

I only like season 1 and 2. He has a cameo in the last season of Hannibal? I haven't got round to it yet, was waiting till it was finished seeing how it sadly got cancelled. Might start it this weekend.

I only like season 1 and 2. He has a cameo in the last season of Hannibal? I haven't got round to it yet, was waiting till it was finished seeing how it sadly got cancelled. Might start it this weekend.

It has a strong, definite ending, but I'm still hoping that it gets renewed elsewhere because it's a damn travesty. The last season was incredible, even moreso when I look back on it.

Say ed have you watched
Iron Giant
Rango

I know they're animated movies, but both have great character development.
Sure did. I liked Rango but don't remember much and Iron Giant is a classic. I love movies but I recognize they're limited in storytelling ability.

Didn't think I had to clarify but I'm not saying movies can't have good or great character development. Just that they're most limited in development

You could never do Walter White's character arc in a movie and maintain the quality for example.

I also maintain comics as a medium >>> movies as a medium

Also important to note difference between medium and industry.

Comics is less hamstrung by its industry than movies. You could not make a great action movie without hundreds of people and at least a moderately sized budget (what was the raids budget?). You could make a great action comic with just one artist's free time.

Tizoc

Sure did. I liked Rango but don't remember much and Iron Giant is a classic. I love movies but I recognize they're limited in storytelling ability.

Didn't think I had to clarify but I'm not saying movies can't have good or great character development. Just that they're most limited in development

You could never do Walter White's character arc in a movie and maintain the quality for example.

I also maintain comics as a medium >>> movies as a medium

Also important to note difference between medium and industry.

Comics is less hamstrung by its industry than movies. You could not make a great action movie without hundreds of people and at least a moderately sized budget (what was the raids budget?). You could make a great action comic with just one artist's free time.

Ah I get what you meant know.

Ah I get what you meant know.
Also I believe animated movies > live action movies. And I'm just speaking on potential here. It's a shame animation gets put into one kind of audience.

Which a lot of live action movies have animation in it anyway but you get what I mean.

Tizoc

Also I believe animated movies > live action movies. And I'm just speaking on potential here. It's a shame animation gets put into one kind of audience.

Which a lot of live action movies have animation in it anyway but you get what I mean.

Funny you bring up animated movies as I've lately been watching Aardman's works from Wallace and Gromit to Shaun the Sheep (still haven't seen the movie D; ) to their theatrical movies. The claymation is superb and their movies are fanatstic and have nice self contained stories.

Funny you bring up animated movies as I've lately been watching Aardman's works from Wallace and Gromit to Shaun the Sheep (still haven't seen the movie D; ) to their theatrical movies. The claymation is superb and their movies are fanatstic and have nice self contained stories.

Wallace and Gromit is one of the best things to come out of this country. I'm not even joking. Nick Park is a wizard.

Hagi

i hate you for showing me this

3a's iron man and storm troopers tho

The Doctor Doom is cool outside of the duck feet. I think 3A are plagued by delays a lot because they are a relativley small buisness and everything is made onsite so that's something to take note of. They have a lot of cool ass shit though.

I think threezero is doing a Guts from Bersek as well that I might buy. Thought about getting Chappie even though the movie is kinda shit just because the design is awesome and I love robots.

The Doctor Doom is cool outside of the duck feet. I think 3A are plagued by delays a lot because they are a relativley small buisness and everything is made onsite so that's something to take note of. They have a lot of cool ass shit though.

I think threezero is doing a Guts from Bersek as well that I might buy. Thought about getting Chappie even though the movie is kinda shit just because the design is awesome and I love robots.

they're also so blindingly expensive.

So I was able to find enough free time this past weekend to read Bow Dude & Leg Day, Quaint Tom & Buzz (Well, what's in the hardcover, since there is apparently a bit more not included), and the rest of the initial Bubs' Shop run. I believe that of the first wave of books this leaves Internal Worrier (Which was in the Groupees bundle so I suppose I'll read it?) and Shadowman (Which only had the first volume in the bundle, which doesn't get a silly name because it is apparently not fun, interesting, or good, and which I don't plan to read). I think this pretty much leaves me with completed minis and current ongoings for unread Valley Ant that I care to both with.

All the stuff I read this weekend remains enjoyable. It's cute how basically every Valley Ant book
has a different world manipulating cabal behind the scenes to the point that it's beyond ridiculously ridiculous

So I was able to find enough free time this past weekend to read Bow Dude & Leg Day, Quaint Tom & Buzz (Well, what's in the hardcover, since there is apparently a bit more not included), and the rest of the initial Bubs' Shop run. I believe that of the first wave of books this leaves Internal Worrier (Which was in the Groupees bundle so I suppose I'll read it?) and Shadowman (Which only had the first volume in the bundle, which doesn't get a silly name because it is apparently not fun, interesting, or good, and which I don't plan to read). I think this pretty much leaves me with completed minis and current ongoings for unread Valley Ant that I care to both with.

All the stuff I read this weekend remains enjoyable. It's cute how basically every Valley Ant book
has a different world manipulating cabal behind the scenes to the point that it's beyond ridiculously ridiculous

3 sentences. That's how long it took me to realize what was going on.

Eternal Warrior is ok. Shadowman is actually better for the first 10 issues, and possibly the End Times mini.

Also, the interesting bit of your spoiled text is how they are all connected. A&A shows all the organizations of the Sect, but you find out PRS is actually one of them, for example.

3 sentences. That's how long it took me to realize what was going on.

Then I did my job well.

LaunchpadMcQ said:
Eternal Warrior is ok. Shadowman is actually better for the first 10 issues, and possibly the End Times mini.

Also, the interesting bit of your spoiled text is how they are all connected. A&A shows all the organizations of the Sect, but you find out PRS is actually one of them, for example.

So read the first 10 or so issues and then drop it like it's hot.

Sure, although even then there are several groups outside of the Sext and the vast majority Vino seemed quite ready to fuck Earth in XO Mango Ward. Also, the massive chaos caused by the Sext infighting in A&A seemed to, uh, not happen in the other books.

Then I did my job well.

Sure, although even then there are several groups outside of the Sext and the vast majority Vino seemed quite ready to fuck Earth in XO Mango Ward. Also, the massive chaos caused by the Sext infighting in A&A seemed to, uh, not happen in the other books.

Please do this for all of comics.

It is the best thing ever.

Then I did my job well.

So read the first 10 or so issues and then drop it like it's hot.

That's mostly because it didn't really affect those other stories, but you do see one affect of the events of A&A in Ivar.

How far did you get in X-O?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom