• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol stodgy old language

I was using the correct titles so this wouldn't happen! Then I get called out for the one post I follow along! :(

To be fair, it was a concern I'd had. It was a major reason I'd avoided it for anything beyond Valiant. It's confusing enough when talking about a rather limited set of books and I can't even imagine how bad it would be in the broader comic world.

Owzers

comics world has me a little bummed, i've written off DC, i want Image OHCs without waiting for them, and Marvel's talent is depleted but i'm hopeful for a few books.

If only there were some forth company putting out great comics.

To be fair, it was a concern I'd had. It was a major reason I'd avoided it for anything beyond Valiant. It's confusing enough when talking about a rather limited set of books and I can't even imagine how bad it would be in the broader comic world.

Honestly, I was just thinking that if it's amusing enough most people would probably start aping it, but then I realized that the end result of that is turning into Pop-GAF and speaking our own language and nobody wants that.

I'm still loving Bendis' Uncanny X-Men. I know there's a lot of hate out there for it, but I'm adoring it. This Original Sin tie-in though...the Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier....I dunno. Like, Scott's acting like Xavier is a hypocrite, like it's something new. As if Xavier didn't wipe his brother from his memory and sent a bunch of mutants die. Like, Xavier has been scummy for years. This is significantly less scummy then previous instances.

Messi

I'm still loving Bendis' Uncanny X-Men. I know there's a lot of hate out there for it, but I'm adoring it. This Original Sin tie-in though...the Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier....I dunno. Like, Scott's acting like Xavier is a hypocrite, like it's something new. As if Xavier didn't wipe his brother from his memory and sent a bunch of mutants die. Like, Xavier has been scummy for years. This is significantly less scummy then previous instances.

Agree with all of this. Loved both of Bendis recent xmen runs. Great stuff and phenomenal art.

Agree with all of this. Loved both of Bendis recent xmen runs. Great stuff and phenomenal art.

Honestly, where they have taken Scott's character makes sense to me. My only issue right now is that, for some reason, Logan is his parallel instead of Storm. Like, the way I see it, if you're going to have two X-Men succeed Magneto and Xavier as major mutant figureheads, why Logan and Scott? Scott makes perfect sense from top to bottom, but Logan? Logan was always a "do what's necessary" kind of guy. Always has been. Which is funny, because that's what Scott is doing now: what's necessary. Logan is instead playing the righteous man when he really has no right to be. It also just kind of makes me upset to see Ororo play second fiddle to Logan in the "headmaster" role.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Honestly, where they have taken Scott's character makes sense to me. My only issue right now is that, for some reason, Logan is his parallel instead of Storm. Like, the way I see it, if you're going to have two X-Men succeed Magneto and Xavier as major mutant figureheads, why Logan and Scott? Scott makes perfect sense from top to bottom, but Logan? Logan was always a "do what's necessary" kind of guy. Always has been. Which is funny, because that's what Scott is doing now: what's necessary. Logan is instead playing the righteous man when he really has no right to be. It also just kind of makes me upset to see Ororo play second fiddle to Logan in the "headmaster" role.
Because they were always rivals.

Messi

Ororo absolutely should have been the other leader.

Did I imagine it or is Bendis uncanny getting an omnibus or OHCs?

Because they were always rivals.
Not necessarily true. Logan never really wanted a leadership role, and him and Scott worked together far more than against each other. Regardless, Marvel should have known better.
Ororo absolutely should have been the other leader.

Exactly what I'm saying. Or make Havok, Mr. "Mutant offends me" the opposition. Brother vs. Brother. It's a tired dynamic in the history of fiction, but as far as the X-Men are concerned it works.

Messi

Ohcs are coming

tumblr_lexiyjHpZI1qdtmwjo1_500.gif

Not crazy yet. Kind of wish I hadn't bought the regular hardcovers

Yeah! Goddamn multitaskers!

Is Empire of the Dead a good zombie comic? I notice Alex Maleev was on art duties, and he's just swell. I need more zombies. Also need to grab the last two Walking Dead hardcovers, but I'll pick them up with Vol.12 when it drops next week.

NO! I read the first issue and it was so incredibly awful. It was I one of those so-bad-it-angers shituations. I was stoked for it because apparently George Romaro was involved somehow. But it's seriously one of the worst things I've read. Terrible, bad, no-good comic.

Whew. Thanks for asking. I've been carrying that around for too long.

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah! Goddamn multitaskers!

Is Empire of the Dead a good zombie comic? I notice Alex Maleev was on art duties, and he's just swell. I need more zombies. Also need to grab the last two Walking Dead hardcovers, but I'll pick them up with Vol.12 when it drops next week.
It's okay. I need to catch up on it though.

Owzers

TV Shows Verdicts:

Last Man on Earth : My favorite, beginning was great but then it got cringey, buttttt I embraced the cringe and enjoyed it again.

Mr. Robot: It's about humans, buncha liars.
HUMAN: It's about robots, buncha liars

Arrow: bad family drama with okay heroing.
From Dusk Till Dawn: mistake
The Strain: Season one was OKAY but disappointing, haven't tried season two yet
Game of Thrones: I no longer have HBO :(
Scream: only made it two episodes, iffy
Wayward Pines: got better towards the end but also iffy

So yeah, i've seen a decent amount of shows but only really liked Last Man On Earth. This is totally comics related, some of those shows involve comic book things.

DC movie fans am cry.
Frreal
Uh... why?

(and yes, I saw the thread :p)

It's always been pretty clear that BvS was about wrapping up and continuing themes started in MoS. Like addressing the "he blew up Metropolis" controversy.

Because there will never be a good Superman movie. I admit I haven't watched the old Chris Reeves ones, but Returns was unbearably boring. MoS was a decent movie, but in a world where Superman is generally disliked by the gen pop, it didn't really help. So now here's the big "Superman/Batman" movie, and what is it? Also apparently a Superman movie? Could have fooled me. Looks like The Dark Knight Returns feat. other DC characters. Miller's creaming himself now. He finally sealed that victory over Superman.

Frreal

Because there will never be a good Superman movie. The old Reeves ones have aged like shit. Returns was unbearably boring. MoS was a decent movie, but in a world where Superman is generally disliked by the gen pop, it didn't really help. So now here's the big "Superman/Batman" movie, and what is it? Also apparently a Superman movie? Could have fooled me. Looks like The Dark Knight Returns feat. other DC characters. Miller's creaming himself now. He finally sealed that victory over Superman.

See, I disagree; Batman's getting a lot of play, because... he's Batman, but every major plotpoint from the trailer (and the spoilers) revolves around Supes. The aftereffects of his actions in MoS dictate the whole movie.

NO! I read the first issue and it was so incredibly awful. It was I one of those so-bad-it-angers shituations. I was stoked for it because apparently George Romaro was involved somehow. But it's seriously one of the worst things I've read. Terrible, bad, no-good comic.

Whew. Thanks for asking. I've been carrying that around for too long.

It's okay. I need to catch up on it though.

Now who to believe....

a272ec4eb2268bf567e8fa1cbfadafd3.jpg

I'm tempted to go with Maquinon just because of how pure her hatred for it is.

Owzers

Sillymonkey, you should watch the first season of The Flash just so I can stop wondering if you'll hate it or not.

I'll try it when it hits Netflix...which i presume it will like Arrow did. CW shows wear on me though, too much sappy hugging and awkward lines.

I did try to jump into The Americans with the last season because my brother liked it but it didn't take. Also am three episodes into Bojack (third was the worst, about the youngest co-star meltdown) and somewhere into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which is a tad hard to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom