• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do this for all of comics.

It is the best thing ever.

I'll take it under consideration, but right now it will remain special for Valley Ant.

That's mostly because it didn't really affect those other stories, but you do see one affect of the events of A&A in Ivar.

How far did you get in X-O?

XO and You Knit Tee I've read to the end of Armbar Haunters since that's what the hardcovers get to. I'll deal with the later issues of both soon since I've largely cleaned up everything Valley Ant before it.

I'll take it under consideration, but right now it will remain special for Valley Ant.

XO and You Knit Tee I've read to the end of Armbar Haunters since that's what the hardcovers get to. I'll deal with the later issues of both soon since I've largely cleaned up everything Valley Ant before it.

Nice. Some pretty heavy issues coming up for both of them.

Tizoc

Will you two nerds please not use your own language when talking about Valiant comics?
It's not funny or cute.

There are those interested in Valiant and would actually be interested in what you're talking about.
Regardless what the majority of ComicGAF would have you think.

My current reading plan goes: The Malignants, The Holy Crap is that a Female Lead?!, and then The Valley Ant.

I'm making my Valiant Translation Chart to keep up with this conversation.

The Delinquents, Dr. Mirage (also, Livewire is technically the lead of Unity, sooo), and The Valiant (also female-led).

Ok, that's cool.
Will you two nerds please not use your own language when talking about Valiant comics?
It's not funny or cute.

There are those interested in Valiant and would actually be interested in what you're talking about.

image.php

damn man ok take it easy D:

It's not funny or cute.

Yep, I can stop. It was intended as a one time silly thing from me and it, uh, kinda kept going. But if it's bothering people then I shall not continue.

The Delinquents, Dr. Mirage (also, Livewire is technically the lead of Unity, sooo), and The Valiant (also female-led).

Ok, that's cool.

Well, interesting to know on The Valiant. In regards to Unity, I suppose that's true although it's still pushed and comes across foremost as a team book.

Well, interesting to know on The Valiant. In regards to Unity, I suppose that's true although it's still pushed and comes across foremost as a team book.

Yeah, it's a team book, but Livewire is the leader and she's the only one without a book. Kindt gives her a lot of focus, and you can see this especially in the issues following the hardcover. There's an arc that gives each of the members a laser focus, and hers is the best.

Oh, the Faith issues are a lot of fun, too. I love Unity lol

And yes, the main main character of The Valiant (not counting Eternal Jobber who ends up falling into the periphery, and Bloodshot) is Kay McHenry/Geomancer. She also has a masterful 4 issue characterization that is just... well, you'll have to read it to understand why she's one of my favorite characters in the universe.

Tizoc

Yep, I can stop. It was intended as a one time silly thing from me and it, uh, kinda kept going. But if it's bothering people then I shall not continue.

Only when Launchpad replied first did I figure out what your post was about, but then you kept on going and it was getting rather irritating I'm sad to say @_@

You can post about whatever comic you enjoy even if only 1 person on GAF cares about that series, you'll always find someone to appreciate the stuff you like :3

I mean heck I generally write about comics I'm the only one who reads/has read and I'm not bugged that no one comments about them XP

Yeah, it's a team book, but Livewire is the leader and she's the only one without a book. Kindt gives her a lot of focus, and you can see this especially in the issues following the hardcover. There's an arc that gives each of the members a laser focus, and hers is the best.

Oh, the Faith issues are a lot of fun, too. I love Unity lol

And yes, the main main character of The Valiant (not counting Eternal Jobber who ends up falling in the periphery, and Bloodshot) is Kay McHenry/Geomancer. She also has a masterful 4 issue characterization that is just... well, you'll have to read it to understand why she's one of my favorite characters in the universe.

Fair enough on Livewire. Probably hasn't helped that the earlier Unity stuff is largely tied up in X-O crossovers.

And good to hear what Kay stuff exists is good, although in the end I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Fair enough on Livewire. Probably hasn't helped that the earlier Unity stuff is largely tied up in X-O crossovers.

Yeah, I mean, I loved the XO crossovers, but there's just not enough time to cover everything extensively. You can see Kindt knows what he's doing with the characters and the story, just wish there was more of it lol

And good to hear what Kay stuff exists is good, although in the end I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Erm, yeah, hmm. It's a good thing. I think. :s

It makes The Valiant a very memorable event. Lemire, Kindt, and the Riveras just nail it

Have they announced a third X-O OHC yet? I could see why they'd hold off on it longer than usual given that the Armor Hunters OHC is pretty much X-O OHC vol 3 with some extra side stories given that between the Armor Hunters mini and the X-O issues it's pretty much a single normal Deluxe Edition by itself even before everything else.

I enjoy the consistent misspelling of valiant and launchpad.

Don't know why there's so much hoopla over an old comic strip tho

W7zu79x.jpg

Does it count as old when it's still being made? And Lunchpod is a bit different than Valiant titles. <3

I want to read some Superman. What run would you recommend? I found which graphic novels I should read, so I want runs.
I have read All-Star Superman (I don't get the appeal, although I liked some moments) and Birthright (I liked it).

Owzers

I want to read some Superman. What run would you recommend? I found which graphic novels I should read, so I want runs.
I have read All-Star Superman (I don't get the appeal, although I liked some moments) and Birthright (I liked it).

Geoff Johns' run on Action Comics was pretty good. From Last Son to Brainiac arcs.

Might as well read byrne's run starting at the man of steel relaunch.

I own a Wii U, but not Mario Maker. I know, I'm a terrible person.

Have they announced a third X-O OHC yet? I could see why they'd hold off on it longer than usual given that the Armor Hunters OHC is pretty much X-O OHC vol 3 with some extra side stories given that between the Armor Hunters mini and the X-O issues it's pretty much a single normal Deluxe Edition by itself even before everything else.

Does it count as old when it's still being made? And Lunchpod is a bit different than Valiant titles. <3

OHC releases have been... inconsistent lately. However, A&A ohc 2 got announced for December and the last trade only just came out last week, so that's a good sign of things to come. There are still a handful that are MIA, like Bloodshot and Harbinger ohc 2, even though they were due out last month.

Actually, XO might be awhile still. The next ohc needs to include Enter Armorines, Dead Hand, and Exodus, and the last is still ongoing.

Wallace and Gromit is one of the best things to come out of this country. I'm not even joking. Nick Park is a wizard.

Wallace and Gromit, man, the memories. The Wrong Trousers was my favourite. That penguin was evil incarnate.

Metal Gear really made ComicGAF grind to a halt this month. Messi hasn't even broken 1,000 posts.

I'm not playing any games or reading comics.

Comicgaf is dying

We're not dead. As long as Wednesdays exist, we'll be here.

Waiting for Metal Gear to get a bit cheaper, personally. I've got way too much to play through right now. When I'm done with Mad Max, I gotta finish Shadow of Mordor, then I've got to tackle Witcher III and, now that it runs decently, Arkham Knight. Plus I'll be playing as much of the Star Wars Battlefront beta as possible, and the Life is Strange finale is coming October 20th.

Still have to decide what I'm getting this Winter as well.

If we were talking about Mario Maker, we would have been sharing our level designs! Making it even worse.

But I don't think the majority of ComicGAF have Wii U's.

If I was going to buy a console, it would probably be a Wii U. Still waiting for a proper new Zelda to decide, really.

Batgirl Annual #3: Dick's ass always be giving him away.
Dick's one true character flaw
omg
I watched Pacific Rim last night.
Greatest fight scenes OF ALL TIME.
Perfect film
ELBOW ROCKET

qwZul.gif
Perfecter film
Some of us are not big movie watchers. Some only watch romantic comedies or Olivia Wilde movies.
Literally my second most disliked genre of film
It's a weird, weird show, but very good.
I believe "bonkers" was the adjective I had appropriately made perfect for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom