• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now who to believe....

I'm tempted to go with Maquinon just because of how pure her hatred for it is.

How could you not trust this person?

pHn1LB8.png

See, I disagree; Batman's getting a lot of play, because... he's Batman, but every major plotpoint from the trailer (and the spoilers) revolves around Supes. The aftereffects of his actions in MoS dictate the whole movie.

But those points revolve around Supes in a way that paints him negatively. Revolving a film around a character, especially one of your company's figurehead characters, doesn't work when that character, again a figurehead character, is consistently painted negatively. This movie clearly derives heavily from TDKR, which again, painted Superman in a negative light.

The most superhero superhero out there is now painted strictly as a threat to the world. Captain America got a movie that, as far as I'm concerned, is the perfect Cap film. Supes, a character significantly older than him, but very similar to him in terms of morals and beliefs and representation, has not received that yet.

But those points revolve around Supes in a way that paints him negatively. Revolving a film around a character, especially one of your company's figurehead characters, doesn't work when that character, again a figurehead character, is consistently painted negatively. This movie clearly derives heavily from TDKR, which again, painted Superman in a negative light.

The most superhero superhero out there is now painted strictly as a threat to the world. Captain America got a movie that, as far as I'm concerned, is the perfect Cap film. Supes, a character significantly older than him, but very similar to him in terms of morals and beliefs and representation, has not received that yet.

Disagree with the bolded. Most all of what we've seen has the world wrestling with the question of who and what is Superman, and how should they react to him? Is he a demon, a destroyer, a killer responsible for the slaughter of millions at the hands of Zod? Is he a savior, a god? In the trailer Ma Kent tells him that he can't let other people dictate what he is, that if he's going to be a hero then dammit, be one, but don't be guilted into it. The tone of the movie is, from what we've seen thus far, a question, not a proclamation. It's not portraying him as automatically positive, by any stretch, but neither is it demonizing him.

I suspect that in answering the "who is Superman" question, the movie is going to end on a more positive note than not, but that's just speculation.

Zombine

Banned
George Romero Empire of the Dead comic series by Marvel. The one with Alex Maleev art. Yay or nay?

Oh dude it's wicked cool. I don't even want to spoil it. Just dive in. It has that Romero vibe to it while being something new and exciting. Definitely the best Zombie fiction he's been involved with (Let's face it, he's been shit since Day. Land was ok)

In other news, I have just realised that my library has zero Valiant comics. I should have jumped in on that Humble Bundle.

Valiant: not even libraries want it.

Wrong for libraries.

Wrong for America.

200w.gif

oh, that's Lunchpod. I was wondering who sent me a friend request the other day. I added him because I was like "well it's probably someone I know."

Someone I know that likes Gundam, apparently.
Gundam is awesome

I put my name in the message lol

TV Shows Verdicts:

Last Man on Earth : My favorite, beginning was great but then it got cringey, buttttt I embraced the cringe and enjoyed it again.

Mr. Robot: It's about humans, buncha liars.
HUMAN: It's about robots, buncha liars

Arrow: bad family drama with okay heroing.
From Dusk Till Dawn: mistake
The Strain: Season one was OKAY but disappointing, haven't tried season two yet
Game of Thrones: I no longer have HBO :(
Scream: only made it two episodes, iffy
Wayward Pines: got better towards the end but also iffy

So yeah, i've seen a decent amount of shows but only really liked Last Man On Earth. This is totally comics related, some of those shows involve comic book things.

LMOE is phenomenal television.

Will Forte uber alles
He's turned the word "friggin" into a work of art

Zombine

Banned
Ya'll should be watching Broad City. It's been on for a few year now and it's definitely the best of all the girl shows. Lot of talent there.

Disagree with the bolded. Most all of what we've seen has the world wrestling with the question of who and what is Superman, and how should they react to him? Is he a demon, a destroyer, a killer responsible for the slaughter of millions at the hands of Zod? Is he a savior, a god? In the trailer Ma Kent tells him that he can't let other people dictate what he is, that if he's going to be a hero then dammit, be one, but don't be guilted into it. The tone of the movie is, from what we've seen thus far, a question, not a proclamation. It's not portraying him as automatically positive, by any stretch, but neither is it demonizing him.

I suspect that in answering the "who is Superman" question, the movie is going to end on a more positive note than not, but that's just speculation.

Alright. I'll back down. I'm jumping to conclusions, and it is just a trailer.

Owzers

THANK GOODNESS. He was the person who infuriated me second most from just listening to him, right after Ted Cruz.

Ted Cruz is going to be on Colbert Late Show tonight....Fiorina on Fallon. I really dislike Fiorina right now, she has that obnoxious self-assurance about her awful ideas shared by Rubio.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ted Cruz is going to be on Colbert Late Show tonight....Fiorina on Fallon. I really dislike Fiorina right now, she has that obnoxious self-assurance about her awful ideas shared by Rubio.

Ooh. I'll have to watch that. Loving that Colbert has all these politicians on. That Biden interview was incredible.

And uuuugh yes. Forgot about Fiorina. I liked her (well, relatively speaking, obviously) at first for some reason, but she pisses me off so much now. She looks perpetually annoyed. And yeah, the obnoxious self-assurance that you mentioned as well. So awful.

Also, why on earth does anybody like Ben Carson. The way he talks... He's like a slow child.

Owzers

So none of y'all FigureGAF cast offs can tell me if these figures are decent?

http://herocross.com/index.php?route...&product_id=86

why are their heads so big?

Their heads are big.

Ooh. I'll have to watch that. Loving that Colbert has all these politicians on. That Biden interview was incredible.

And uuuugh yes. Forgot about Fiorina. I liked her (well, relatively speaking, obviously) at first for some reason, but she pisses me off so much now. She looks perpetually annoyed. And yeah, the obnoxious self-assurance that you mentioned as well. So awful.

Also, why on earth does anybody like Ben Carson. The way he talks... He's like a slow child.

I try not to think about it, i know his book was popular and he's a renowned neurosurgeon. He also said Obamacare was the worst thing in U.S. history since slavery...

Kipp

I try not to think about it, i know his book was popular and he's a renowned neurosurgeon. He also said Obamacare was the worst thing in U.S. history since slavery...

Ah, didn't know that he had a popular book. That makes a tiny bit more sense then.

Also, anyone who calls for a flat tax makes me weep.
Though to be fair, even a flat tax is better than Huckabee's awful idea of taking away all income tax and replacing it with a higher consumption tax...

Never heard of those or the company that makes them. No clue.
They are pretty neat though.

Hagi

Do we have enough Destiny PS4 players in here to do a raid? I've never done a raid before and it would be cool to play with people in here. :p

Hagi

I always wanted to try Vault of Glass for the unique shader but Crotas End would be cool because the Warlock Deathstinger armor is amazing.

Owzers

that arkham knight Harley Sejic art is my current ipad wallpaper.

hmmmmmm that Sejic guy has talent, i wish he had some current projects.

Man, we don't deal with that silly non-animu stuff. Also, was that pun intentional, or not? Because a cast-off is generally a term for a figure (usually animu and waifu in nature) that can be displayed with or without her clothing. :D

Anyway, I've never seen those before or heard of the company. Might wanna ask over in Action Figure GAF.

I never understood how a doctor got into politics. In what universe does being a surgeon make one qualified for political office?

I never understood how a doctor got into politics. In what universe does being a surgeon make one qualified for political office?

Well, there's 2 factors: there's the curse of the highly educated ("pfft, [INSERT THING] can't possibly be as hard as what I had to learn! I'm sure I'll pick it up right away."), and secondly, the specifically Republican issue where they've been telling their constituents that government is useless and it's run by incompetents that they've started to actually believe it, which greatly exacerbates factor 1.

Hagi

Hmm ok, I'm 16 now so it's not far. My main problem is scheduling; I'm mostly only free on Sundays and a few hours on weeknights MST.

There's a a lot of planning involved in these things so finding a suitable timeline for everyone is key. I think as long as you get to each area you can turn the game off and continue on the next time you play but you have to finish the raid within a week. I've never played one though so I'm sure birdie or someone else has the lowdown,

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've only tried a raid once and none of us knew what we were doing at the time. I can do it on the weekends. But during the week I'll be at work when you guys are playing.

Kipp

Exactly. It's like... "Hey, that guy is super great at math! He's a smart guy, so he'd be great at international relations and commanding the army and keeping an economy afloat!"

There's a a lot of planning involved in these things so finding a suitable timeline for everyone is key. I think as long as you get to each area you can turn the game off and continue on the next time you play but you have to finish the raid within a week. I've never played one though so I'm sure birdie or someone else has the lowdown,

I see.

Also, Zombeen and GH are playing together right now :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom