• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Siege has been one of the best Secret Wars books.
more Amerikate please Gillen

I googled Amerikate, absolutely no regrets. This is one of those moments in life where you are presented with something you didn't know you wanted.

PsychBat!

Banned
xBlYmo1.jpg

Dustin Weaver brings it.

OK SO SOME ONE INVITED ME INTO A FIRETEAM AND HE HAD A MIC AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SOMEONE COMES INTO HIS ROOM AND STARTS BEATING HIM

WHAT THE FUCK

Messi

I was once playing uno and a couple were fucking in one of the cam windows. They still took their turns too.

Hagi A-Force has been wonderful. I love it. Singularity is so cute.

Hagi

I was once playing uno and a couple were fucking in one of the cam windows. They still took their turns too.

lol holy shit that's great

Our interests seem to intertwine so I'll pick it up in whatever Secret Wars trade it gets bundled in and get the first issue whenever it starts in ANAD.

Messi

lol holy shit that's great

Our interests seem to intertwine so I'll pick it up in whatever Secret Wars trade it gets bundled in and get the first issue whenever it starts in ANAD.

It will be A Force Vol 0

Nico and Singularity 4 ever

tumblr_nqtw8ibXoJ1qgpo38o2_540.png

I'm reading 52, on week 35 and I'm LOVING it. I have already made up my mind that I'm going to read Rucka's Batwoman next but I also wanted to check out his Question but can't find anything on it. Is it not collected?

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Dragon Ball
Ranma
Attack on Titan

I'm gonna eventually try out One Man Punch. I read a couple of volumes of Rurouni Kenshin but I found it boring and preferred watching the anime. I used to be into Shaman King when I was checking out Shonen Jump.

frye

As a partial corrective to the overflowing love of Vertical's Gundam stuff -- the lettering on those is pretty bad and the translation is often awkward. Amazing build quality tho

I just want manga to be printed at a non shit size and non shit paper

Is that too much too ask? 3 in 1 Vizbig volumes are great. Love my Vagabond volumes in that edition.

There are some other manga that I want to get into

Whatever else Inoue has done

Urasawa's work specifically Monster

that weird manga Coriolanus posts from time to time with experimental art. I have that one saved up on that manga recommendation thread from a while back

While I've read Akira, I need a physical copy

Biomega

GitS

Vinland Saga

Berserk

Probably OG Gundam

Maybe JoJos Bizarre Adventure

edit: oh yeah Wolfsmund and Prison School

Urasawa (late period Urasawa especially) and Inoue (REAL is real great!!) are both masters. The guys whose stuff I want to check out more are Taiyo Matsumoto and Inio Asano.

Bii

I've seen so many penises playing Uno on Xbox Live.

Urasawa (late period Urasawa especially) and Inoue (REAL is real great!!) are both masters. The guys whose stuff I want to check out more are Taiyo Matsumoto and Inio Asano.
Yeah I love Asano. Only thing I don't care for is how he uses photos and computer generated environments a lot for backgrounds. It's very noticeable at points.
Bunch of Batman stuff on sale on CMX including...

Gotham Academy
Grayson
Batgirl

Nice sale. Wish I waited till now to get into the current Batgirl run :/

PsychBat!

Banned
Dustin Weaver said:
S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol.2 #5 & #6 will not be coming out in September. Though both issues are drawn and almost completely colored, all of the Secret Wars stuff needs to wrap up before they can come out. So as the Secret Wars experiences delays so do the final SHIELD issues.
I’ll keep you up to date on whatever I learn. What I do know is that there will be a thick issue that collects Vol.2 #1-4 then they will release #5&6 separately.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OHC releases have been... inconsistent lately. However, A&A ohc 2 got announced for December and the last trade only just came out last week, so that's a good sign of things to come. There are still a handful that are MIA, like Bloodshot and Harbinger ohc 2, even though they were due out last month.

Actually, XO might be awhile still. The next ohc needs to include Enter Armorines, Dead Hand, and Exodus, and the last is still ongoing.

PSA: Harbinger Deluxe HC Vol 2 comes out this week according to Previews

Wait, we're talking about the old Hickman one, right? Man that book was rad.
Yesss

it was the more pure Hickman book Marvel put out. It was also Weaver's breakout series.

As a partial corrective to the overflowing love of Vertical's Gundam stuff -- the lettering on those is pretty bad and the translation is often awkward. Amazing build quality tho

Not familiar with Matsumoto but a quick google search gives me radness so thats def added to the list

Asano is the author of the book Tyrant just recommended me right? It looks like Archia put it out so you know that printing Q is pristine

pretty sure he's done with it

them higher ups don't know what to do

Ill take a million culturally appropriated hip hop covers to get SHIELD completed and collected

btw I love the SHIELD images (soooo good) but theyre a bit big. Might wanna put those in quotes.

btw Dustin Weaver has a webcomic you can check out. Havent read it yet but it looks nice. Looks like he might have another one too

frye

Yesss

it was the more pure Hickman book Marvel put out. It was also Weaver's breakout series.

Not familiar with Matsumoto but a quick google search gives me radness so thats def added to the list

Asano is the author of the book Tyrant just recommended me right? It looks like Archia put it out so you know that printing Q is pristine

Ill take a million culturally appropriated hip hop covers to get SHIELD completed and collected

btw I love the SHIELD images (soooo good) but theyre a bit big. Might wanna put those in quotes.

btw Dustin Weaver has a webcomic you can check out. Havent read it yet but it looks nice. Looks like he might have another one too

Yeah Matsumoto's been in English for a while now but I got turned on to his stuff after I watched Ping Pong last year which blew me away. And yeah, T-Rave has been going through a lot of Asano lately (I think the book he recommended is from Fanta but knowing them it's probably a great edition) which reminded me of how weird it was reading Solanin* as a 14-15 year old.

*the impeccable david b on that book btw

I've been into Dustin Weaver for a while now, he's such an interesting artist in that he's at once indebted to these canonical dudes (Otomo and Moebius) that EVERYONE says they're indebted to but also because of his age he's a guy who is also incredibly into the early 90's Marvel crew (Jim Lee in particular). I think I've posted it before but his Akira fan art to me captures the last few pages of that book so perfectly

Owzers

i hope he doesn't feign politeness and just goes blunt with cruz.

Hope has no place here. Gamefly is tempting me to keep Elders Online by chipping away at the price. So much average....so many hours to pour into average.

Ted Cruz is very level-headed right now, i'm voting for him over Trump.

i think i threw up my soul and i have to chase it now, this could take awhile.

Yousefb

https://www.comixology.com/Batman-1000-Sale/page/8136?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

There's a major Batman sale on cmx. What are some lesser known Batman stories that deserve a look? Everyone always suggests the usuals like DKR, Year One, Hush, Long Halloween, etc. But what are some worthy stories that people don't often mention?

There are some older books here that look interesting and I was wondering if they are any good. Stuff like Batman The Cult, Legends of the Dark Knight stories, older Batman series stories, older Detective comics stories, the Kevin Smith books, and more are available on the sale.

Death Vigils last issue has been done and on his deviant art as a pdf for free for the past month and the physical issue came out this week. But no one cared so the series is going away. He couldnt even give it away.
It was only supposed to run 8 issues anyway, so I'm fine with it being done after this.
OK SO SOME ONE INVITED ME INTO A FIRETEAM AND HE HAD A MIC AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SOMEONE COMES INTO HIS ROOM AND STARTS BEATING HIM

WHAT THE FUCK
Did it resemble this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom