• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to speak ill of the announcement (we are comics gaf, so yay comics), but looking into Coates makes me way more interested in his nonfiction books.

They teased... something for Vampironica

Yep. We got this around SDCC:
i3poqdtypxb0fagfxdud.jpg

And nothing since.

You make it hard to like you sometimes, Archie Comics.

VanWinkle

Finished DC Comics Zero Year. I had a lot of fun with it. It wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Onto...probably The Valiant volume one.

Owzers

Special bags?

$0.12 per bag and board (Regular Bags and Boards)
$0.30 per bag and board (Mylites and 24 mil Half Backs)
$0.50 per bag and board (Mylites2 and 48 mil Full Backs)

i don't know what this stuff is, but more mil can't be bad.

I might rent Age of Ultron from redbox since it doesn't appear to be a month delay and because i think the steelbook case is that cheap crap i got with Witcher 3 that was dented and thin and irksome.

VanWinkle

I just found out about DCBS. What are the positives of that over IST? Just from a quick glance, IST has cheaper prices and cheaper shipping, but I don't know anything about DCBS outside of that.

Edit: Wait, DCBS has single issues. I guess that's what you guys use that for?

it's 12 cents extra per comic for bags/boards, more if you want special bags.

What does 20 Copy Incv mean? I know it's incentive, not sure about 20 copy

I just found out about DCBS. What are the positives of that over IST? Just from a quick glance, IST has cheaper prices and cheaper shipping, but I don't know anything about DCBS outside of that.

Yeah. They charge for shipping, too.

Owzers

yep, singles and some 50% off trades i feel comfortable pre-ordering, then i'll make the occasional IST order to finish off trade desires.

i don't know much about variant/incentive cover things, i presume it has to do with retailer ordering X amount of copies.

VanWinkle

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Quick question for anybody who has read Batman Eternal (the year-long weekly series): Is it one huge story arc, or are there multiple arcs within it?

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Quick question for anybody who has read Batman Eternal (the year-long weekly series): Is it one huge story arc, or are there multiple arcs within it?

Well, there are three main overarching sections of the story and those can have each Batfamily member (or members) doing their own thing in that story section. It's all one big (at times loosely) connected story in the end, though.

VanWinkle

Just read the first of the four issues in The Valiant trade. I think I'm going to like it.

Well, there are three main overarching sections of the story and those can have each Batfamily member (or members) doing their own thing in that story section. It's all one big (at times loosely) connected story in the end, though.

Oh, okay. I wonder if each of the three main sections are the ones the three trade volumes are separated by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom