• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

I think he believes his business is all fans and only fans, I suppose he is seeing numbers that we aren't but. He seems to really not want to rip off his fans in the slightest.

Sounds like a super nice guy who should value himself higher. 20 american pesos is more than reasonable for what he is offering.

Whats this I read about Gwenpool becoming a regular backup in Howard and not a oneoff?

I'm okay with Ms. Marvel going to $3.99 if it means that I'm getting a digital code for tablet reading (or reselling, as others exercise that option). I wouldn't be okay with Ms. Marvel going to $4.99 with a backup I care nothing about as is the case with Howard -- or even worse, staying at $4.99 without a backup or anything else to justify such a ridiculous increase over an already inflated cost.

Same. Having digital and physical is really beneficial to me so I was actually kind of annoyed it was $2.99 so it didn't come with digital.

Owzers

I got bored with the tv and turned it off, it has no control over me. Instead i am listening to Ryan Adams cover Taylor Swift's 1989 album. :p

I'm also reading comics, which is a thing that people here do. Daredevil 17 and on to 18 to wrap up Waid's second run on Daredevil and it's definitely not for me, I haven't enjoyed this Shroud focused arc at all, it just feels like a B-tier Daredevil story. Waid's run was best for me when it first started and a lack of overly depressing things was hinted at and right when Matt got involved with Kirsten and issue #12's fantastic "you are daredevil" page. Then
heads started to roll and Foggy got cancer

So remember Sejic had to raise the price of Sunstone Vol 4 from $15 to $20 because it is 200 pages vs 128 pages. It is solicited for $15 so I asked him about it:

That dude is going to go broke because he is too nice to ask for more money lol. He was bothered when he had to tell people it would cost more because he felt like raising the price was ripping off fans who had been loyal. Yet he was adding 72 more pages of story.

Someone here said he is too nice for his own good and this is one of those cases.

I'm going to buy two of them. Sejic is too based to lose out on money.

So this is a thing:

Scooby-Doo-12-TeamUp-PrintCover-ns-5ebaf.jpg
Preview (CBR)

So the second Harbinger OHC didn't show up on IST today.

Cheapgraphicnovels mentions
Update 9/22 - Unfortunately we did not receive our copies of Harbinger Deluxe Edition Vol 02 HC, Hellboy 100 Project TP, and Golden Compass Vol 01 GN in our weekly shipment. We expect replacements to arrive on Monday so please be aware your order may be delayed if it includes either of these books.

-__-

I guess I'll settle with some Hellboy Library Editions thanks to that 45% off Dark Horse sale going on.

any shelf with Umbrella Academy on it is a happy one.

It all began with an atomic flying elbow...
I am envious of any shelf with uniform trades or hcs

mine is a wreck of trade dresses and trim sizes

My only mistake is Justice League, which is a mix of hardcovers and paperbacks, and then All-New X-Men, where I grabbed the volume 2 hardcover because it was at my LCS and I didn't feel like waiting for a tpb to come in. Locke and Key is mixed and matched, too, but I always look at it as the hardcovers bookending the trades. Looks nice.

Messi

Apparently Olivia Wilde puts in a crazy good performance in this new film Meadowlands. I think it looks tense as fuck. She seems unhinged in parts.

Sarah and David deal with the unthinkable in the wake of their son's disappearance. David, a New York City policeman, attempts a more traditional form of healing, only to lose his moral compass. Sarah goes down an unexpected path towards acceptance as she places herself in increasingly dangerous situations.

https://youtu.be/CIas8DA0Hdw

Owzers

Trailer didn't do much for me, at best it has vampires.

How many comics did everyone read today? I ask because I read two and I might win.

Owzers

She is just tired and stressed not a vampire :(

but if it were about vampires...it could be great.

Hmmm Launchpad is beating me by one comic and i'll be awake for two more hours....one comic in two hours....i don't think that's realistic for me to try.

Messi

but if it were about vampires...it could be great.

Hmmm Launchpad is beating me by one comic and i'll be awake for two more hours....one comic in two hours....i don't think that's realistic for me to try.

I read 8

2xomega men
2xgotham Academy
2xrobin son of Batman
2xgrayson

Vibranium

Banned
So remember Sejic had to raise the price of Sunstone Vol 4 from $15 to $20 because it is 200 pages vs 128 pages. It is solicited for $15 so I asked him about it:

8ma5ygh.png

That dude is going to go broke because he is too nice to ask for more money lol. He was bothered when he had to tell people it would cost more because he felt like raising the price was ripping off fans who had been loyal. Yet he was adding 72 more pages of story.

Someone here said he is too nice for his own good and this is one of those cases.

Sejic should go back to Rat Queens and ask for more money. He could even get involved with that animated series that is supposed to be happening, cartoons do pay the bills. He's such a good guy, I hope his positivity pays off.

Man...I really, really miss him on Rat Queens...

Very nice, man. You have so few Batman books though. :eek:
Because Batman (specifically Bruce) is a character that I got very very sick of and wanted nothing to do with for a long time. Only recently have I been testing the waters a bit. My roommate has the first and second trades of Snyder's run, so I'll probably read those at some point.

I should also note that, while I have Uncanny X-Force volume 2 collection, I have borrowed it to my friend to read. We exchange trades from time to time. So my collection is technically missing a volume.

Tizoc

I just now realized this about one punch man vol. 1's cover
Look at the bottom right.

Because Batman (specifically Bruce) is a character that I got very very sick of and wanted nothing to do with for a long time. Only recently have I been testing the waters a bit. My roommate has the first and second trades of Snyder's run, so I'll probably read those at some point.

I should also note that, while I have Uncanny X-Force volume 2 collection, I have borrowed it to my friend to read. We exchange trades from time to time. So my collection is technically missing a volume.

GIF still stands my good sir.

Megatron

Got this in the mail today:

515%2BA0ri85L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I came home and read it right away. I already have the Ultimate Collection volume 2 which collects 16-28 (which I haven't read). This volume has the first 9 issues, so I'm missing 10-15 now. I almost bought them digitally (They're FINALLY on comixology) but the second trade is only $10, so fine, I'll wait for that. Love the covers on these things too!

Shaanyboi

Banned
Finished rereading Alias after so many years. It's an interesting series for a lot of reasons. For one, considering the trend to ground superheroes in a more slice of life form, whether it be with Matt Fraction's Hawkeye or whatever, Alias still feels like an extremely contemporary comic save for a couple dated details. But it's worth commending the writing that you can have multiple issues in a "superhero comic" that is almost entirely conversation of Jessica across from someone at a table, limited to the same back and forth angles with little variation. It's not big with its expressions, but it uses the extremely limited posing to highlight even the smallest changes and reactions.

Excellent read, though I think the Purple Man arc at the end resolves itself too easily.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My comic book day purchases...

1872 #3
Harley Quinn and Power Girl (2015-) #4
Inhumans: Attilan Rising (2015) #5
Runaways #4
Years Of Future Past (2015-) #5

Grayson officially dropped.

Some good news in comics today. Black Panter will be incredible.

I wish I had an idea why lol
Not to be naïve or ignorant...

-------------------------------------

Also,,, Rat Queens is dead to me :(
It was one of my favorite books at one point.. honestly I don't even remember dropping it at all.. but saw the last issue on the shelves and the art is just not working for me, at all, not after Upchurch then Sejic!

Zombine

Banned
I wish I had an idea why lol
Not to be naïve or ignorant...

Guy has a background as a pretty great writer and will hopefully give T'challa an appropriate voice. But yeah, there is a lot of wankery right now for someone unproven in the comic industry, but I have faith it'll be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom