• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

1vmhbep.jpg

What? Is this not a recent thing? I don't watch wrestling anymore and haven't for years.

1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Vibranium

Banned
Reading more Velvet and I think Epting/Breitweiser might be the GOAT art team.

Yep. Another art team Marvel really should try to put back together, even without Brubaker. They are perfect for gritty books.

Black Panther looks awesome, day 1. Slayven's going to love it.

Owzers

Trump Alert:

Trump will be on Colbert Late Show tonight

this ends today's Trump Alert.

Outside of that, Scream Queens premieres tonight on Fox at 8pm est best time, i will have to give it a try to see if it's better than regular Scream, which is bad.

Made an IST order today just becuz. Got Hellboy In Hell Vol.1, the last two Walking Dead hardcovers, and Claymore Vol.27...

Walking Dead hardcover 12 next week!

I should really get around to reading Hellboy Library Edition Vol.2-6.... I did the same thing with Usagi Yojimbo, I read the first big volume and then stopped. I like these books, I just have trouble finding the motivation to keep going. I think I caught sillymonkey's apathy. But it's weird because I don't usually have this problem with manga.

Last Gang in Town looks like it's trying to be Deadly Class.

New Romancer and Sheriff of Babylon sound interesting, and might be worth a look.

ElNarez

Banned
my sources say Rich Johnston likes to lie on his back and piss in his own mouth, like he's a human piss fountain

if we're gonna discuss something published on Bleeding Cool, I demand that we give my information as much attention

Welcome back! I found out there is a out of print TPB that is on Amazon called The Question: Pipeline that is most of Ruckas Question stuff. The stories in this were backups in Ruckas Detective Comics run.

Cheers! That is great to know! And very reasonably priced, it seems. I'll be sure to order a copy.

Vyer

If your idea can't be done on a TV show budget, don't pitch that idea to Vertigo/DC (yes, it's from Bleeding Cool)

Yes, yes, it's Rich. His "sources" are claiming that Vertigo is looking for story submissions that can make a quick and cheap transition to television, and that "period" comics set in anything but present day or thereabouts are getting passed on.

Here were the Vertigo solicits for December, btw.

Already disputed by a writer. But Rich knows his audience......

VanWinkle

Okay, finished up The Valiant. What a great great story. I was sad at the end, but remain very impressed. The dialog and the facial expressions were just incredibly good.

Happy I got it. Thanks for the rec, launchpad.

While I admit it's weird, I feel more justified in getting The Valiant hardcover when it comes out than the Harbinger Wars one even though the content I don't already have in hardcover is about the same for both. I guess it just feels weird when the majority of the book would be stuff I already have the Harbinger and Bloodshot ones.

Okay, finished up The Valiant. What a great great story. I was sad at the end, but remain very impressed. The dialog and the facial expressions were just incredibly good.

Happy I got it. Thanks for the rec, launchpad.

Even if you never read another Valiant story in your life, I'm glad you enjoyed that one. It is absolutely one of my favorite stories ever. I read it relatively early, before a lot of the solo series, and I came away with this amazing impression of the universe. But, more importantly, I came away with an incredible story, and both writing and art that fully understood the characters they were putting on the page. I came away with the what heroism must really be like, a world filled with compromise and half-wins.

What's more, they gave an unbelievable amount of life to a character that had never been featured at that level before, accomplishing a lifetime's worth of characterization in a mere 4 issues.

But yeah, I'm happy that I was able to share that with someone.

While I admit it's weird, I feel more justified in getting The Valiant hardcover when it comes out than the Harbinger Wars one even though the content I don't already have in hardcover is about the same for both. I guess it just feels weird when the majority of the book would be stuff I already have the Harbinger and Bloodshot ones.

I just preordered that dlx today. Had to.

I should really get around to reading Hellboy Library Edition Vol.2-6.... I did the same thing with Usagi Yojimbo, I read the first big volume and then stopped. I like these books, I just have trouble finding the motivation to keep going. I think I caught sillymonkey's apathy. But it's weird because I don't usually have this problem with manga.

I need to get back on board too. I got to Hellboy volume 5 and just stopped. I can't believe I read as much as I did a few months ago.

VanWinkle

Okay, I think I need to slow down my purchasing. I last posted my collection on 16 days ago (September 6th), and it was this:

Now, it's this:

Also lol@ having one Dark Horse, one Valiant, one Vertigo, one Image, one BOOM, and then just everything else DC and Marvel. It's like "DC, Marvel, and Rest-Of-Em Sampler".

Okay, I think I need to speed up my purchasing. I last posted my collection on 16 days ago (September 6th), and it was this:

Now, it's this:

Also lol@ having one Dark Horse, one Valiant, one Vertigo, one Image, one BOOM, and then just everything else DC and Marvel.

Fixed that for you bro.

Messi

So remember Sejic had to raise the price of Sunstone Vol 4 from $15 to $20 because it is 200 pages vs 128 pages. It is solicited for $15 so I asked him about it:

8ma5ygh.png

That dude is going to go broke because he is too nice to ask for more money lol. He was bothered when he had to tell people it would cost more because he felt like raising the price was ripping off fans who had been loyal. Yet he was adding 72 more pages of story.

Someone here said he is too nice for his own good and this is one of those cases.

So remember Sejic had to raise the price of Sunstone Vol 4 from $15 to $20 because it is 200 pages vs 128 pages. It is solicited for $15 so I asked him about it:

8ma5ygh.png

That dude is going to go broke because he is too nice to ask for more money lol. He was bothered when he had to tell people it would cost more because he felt like raising the price was ripping off fans who had been loyal. Yet he was adding 72 more pages of story.

Someone here said he is too nice for his own good and this is one of those cases.
Someone get this dude an agent

an agent has no prob asking for more money

8ma5ygh.png

I thought it might be that. And he really is. He deserves the extra money for all he does instead of getting who knows how little from it now.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom