• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is going to be a good Black Panther book? Zomg.

I actually looked through the complete list of today's releases. Aw, just like the olden days.
I'm not getting anything but The Spire #3. Are you people still sleeping on Spurrier? This is him teamed up with Stokely who drew the stunning Six Gun Gorilla. Ok, well, to be honest, I'm sleeping on him too. I'm behind on all the things and only newly getting back into comics. But yeah I haven't read #1 or #2 yet, though I know enough to buy them. Duh. Preview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=28266&pg=1

The mini Wilds End Enemy Within by Dan Abnett is starting today from Boom. Looks good. Quite possibly a worthwhile investment given Abnett. Preview:

http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES_PDF/STK680001-700000/STK681865.pdf

But I'll just continue catching up on Saga. Next is volume 4 which I've heard is a bit of a bore.

Guys, guys, I have the fixed contract :D Man, so good, never to worry about unemployement ever again.

Yay! Congrats.

Between this and the exchange up page, you win this thread easily.

Every time someone talks about Destiny i deduct one Comics-Gaf point on the list.

Does the game shut down after so many mentions, like The Flock? Because I will bear that cross.

New Humble is Banned & Challenged Comics, in support of CBLDF

PWYW:
Love & Rockets: Maggie the Mechanic
The Frank Book
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century
CLBDF Presents: Liberty
Madame Paul Affair
Bone Volume 1

BTA:
The Little Man
The Boys: Herogasm
Love & Rockets: Heartbreak Soup
Barefoot Gen Volume 1: A Cartoon History of Hiroshima
Sidescrollers
Essex County: Complete Edition
Elfquest: The Final Quest Volume 1

$15+:
Not Funny Haha
Wytches Volume 1
Information Doesn't Want to Be Free (audiobook by Cory Doctorow, Wil Wheaton narration)

If I didn't have the Wytches TPB already, I'd be all over this.

Just finished my November order form.

DC - 2
Marvel - 3
Image - 10
Other - 3

Marvel, you're down there with DC. in theory the Image book count could be even higher, but thankfully some titles don't ship every month or else I'd be looking harder at making some cuts (and I am looking).

Also, to tie back into what we were discussing earlier, three books listed at $4.99 as an "introductory" price. Of those three, two will come with digital codes and 40 pages, and one will come at a whopping 72 pages but no code.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
These Marvel Steelbook look gorgeous next to each other. They are the Oversized Hardcovers of Superhero movies.

To bad Cap 1 and Thor 1 Steel are so insanely expensive... Cant believe that they didnt reprinted these... There would be a hell of a market.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

DC - 2
Marvel - 3
Image - 10
Other - 3

Marvel, you're down there with DC. in theory the Image book count could be even higher, but thankfully some titles don't ship every month or else I'd be looking harder at making some cuts (and I am looking).

Also, to tie back into what we were discussing earlier, three books listed at $4.99 as an "introductory" price. Of those three, two will come with digital codes and 40 pages, and one will come at a whopping 72 pages but no code.

That is about what my buys are going to look like too. I keep picking up Image titles and losing interest in stuff from the big 2.

DC - 2
Marvel - 3
Image - 10
Other - 3

What's in Other?

Made a list of my pull-list. I didn't have a pull-list 2 months ago. lol

waAd1Bv.jpg

Other publishers, like Dark Horse, IDW, Valiant, etc.

Not Valiant.

Not surprised. :(

Launchpad still didnt told me what a Valiant is :(

You trolling me? :(

No Sunstone or Death Vigil. Hmmm. I didn't want to be friends anyway.

How do I ignore someone?

Does Sunstone really count since it's trade waiting by default?

Death Vigil I don't really have an excuse lol I just bought it.

EDIT: also, you tricked me, Death Vigil ended :(

If you have Comixology on the Windows app you have until the end of the year to read your comics. I guess my Surface 3 is about 50% useless now.

Valiant To Create A New Female Icon For 2016

Good. My money's on Livewire or Roku. Either one would be amazing. More importantly, let's see if they can secure the female talent for it, which if their unwillingness to continue Dr Mirage without Jen Van Meter is any indication, they probably wouldn't even announce a female-led series without one.

Death Vigil hasn't officially ended. It all depends on the trade sales.

Hmm I'll buy one to throw in my shelf, even though I just bought digital.

lol WHAT?

gonna need some unpacking on this one

Comixology is shutting down their app on Windows. Their excuse was that they are changing their UI on the site and somehow that means they have to get rid of the Windows app when really they probably looked at the numbers and noticed not a lot of people bothered with it so yeah. Shame since the comics look real good on a Surface tablet. iPad Pro sure looks nice now.

Are the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic books age appropriate for a 7-9 year old? I wanted to read them, I thought it'd be nice for my nephew to read along with me, so that we could discuss the story when we're through.

I was mostly thinking about getting them in the collected volumes.

Are the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic books age appropriate for a 7-9 year old? I wanted to read them, I thought it'd be nice for my nephew to read along with me, so that we could discuss the story when we're through.

I was mostly thinking about getting them in the collected volumes.
It's really great but I wouldn't recommend it to kids

Is anyone excited for the new James Bond comic by Warren Ellis? I'm thinking of adding it to my list for November.
Never been a bit Bond fan. I mean, I'll watch the occasional Bond movie, and I'll usually enjoy it, but I don't actively seek out Bond films. Though I've seen my fair share.
It's really great but I wouldn't recommend it to kids

Not unless those kids are okay being exposed to a lot of straight murder.

Owzers

PS+ games do tend to bore me, i am not against lower budget games but i tend to lose interest in most of these after the first session, namely Grow Home just now.

PS+ games do tend to bore me, i am not against lower budget games but i tend to lose interest in most of these after the first session, namely Grow Home just now.

For a while, I was playing nothing but PSN games. I play what looks interesting, whether it's a retail release or not. PS+ has more than paid for itself in the year I've had it.

Owzers

PS+ is the equivalent of me renting random Netflix horror movies, always gives me something to play even though i never really like any of it. Rocket League has provided a lot of hours of gaming with my one human friend but i'm so bad at it it depletes my enjoyment.

Messi.....Rockets....don't lose hope.

PS+ is the equivalent of me renting random Netflix horror movies, always gives me something to play even though i never really like any of it. Rocket League has provided a lot of hours of gaming with my one human friend but i'm so bad at it it depletes my enjoyment.

I liked Rocket League for a while, but the physics are too fucking wonky for it to be a serious competitive game.

Messi

When you get outclassed by Aspas there's something wrong.

Can't disagree. Entire back line has much to answer for and Ter Stegen isn't filling me with any kind of confidence. He looks terrified out there. The forwards created chances in the second half and just needed to take them so I am not worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom