• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

In fairness, games being wonky never stopped several of them becoming e-sports.

Anyone here play Dying Light? Considering getting it while it's on sale on Steam.

I don't like open world games so i quickly tired of " hey, i need you to go here and get this." then when you get there you're told to go to three other places. Very fetchy-orientated. Elder Scrolls Online has better missions than Dying Light did :/

I don't like open world games so i quickly tired of " hey, i need you to go here and get this." then when you get there you're told to go to three other places. Very fetchy-orientated.

I don't really like them either, but I still end up playing lots of them because that's what seems to be out there right now. Arkham, Mordor, Witcher and Mad Max, although I really only got stuck into Mordor and Mad Max so far (I got the other two for free with my 970, and Batman only recently works on my machine).

I've played something like 20 hours of Mad Max so far and I've barely touched the story, I've just been Ubisofting it up and upgrading my car. It's the ideal podcast game as there's very little voice acting or music. Sure is a pretty game though.

Vyer

The thing is, that's not what's being said. Coates is a good writer and very specifically a Marvel fanatic, so it makes sense he got a gig writing that material.

That's notably different from saying a published reporter can easily transition to comics. You have to consider the specifics of the situation.

Not seeing a notable difference. I didn't say anything about a published reporter. Only that different forms of the medium offer different challenges.

It's great he's a Marvel fan though and to be clear; it's a great thing that it's happening, I expect it to be good and am really looking forward to it.

Is anyone excited for the new James Bond comic by Warren Ellis? I'm thinking of adding it to my list for November.

Didn't even know about that, but now that I do: Yes.

If you have Comixology on the Windows app you have until the end of the year to read your comics. I guess my Surface 3 is about 50% useless now.

Whoa, didn't hear about that. Hopefully they really do improve their 'web experience' then.

Owzers

I don't really like them either, but I still end up playing lots of them because that's what seems to be out there right now. Arkham, Mordor, Witcher and Mad Max, although I really only got stuck into Mordor and Mad Max so far (I got the other two for free with my 970, and Batman only recently works on my machine).

I've played something like 20 hours of Mad Max so far and I've barely touched the story, I've just been Ubisofting it up and upgrading my car. It's the ideal podcast game as there's very little voice acting or music. Sure is a pretty game though.

I liked Witcher 3's world a lot but the "have you seen Ciri? I'll do you a favor" first half killed me, Arkham Knight's batmobile killed it, Mordor was rather fun, and i need to rent Mad Max.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Love is a shit thing. It should be banned.

In other news, tomorrow is Nextwave day. Cant wait to be put in Fing Fang Fooms pants. Yay.

Owzers

Comic you're most excited to read every month, go!:

Walking Dead. Sure the last issue had awful dialog but the next one will probably have a golden legendary.

I liked Witcher 3's world a lot but the "have you seen Ciri? I'll do you a favor" first half killed me, Arkham Knight's batmobile killed it, Mordor was rather fun, and i need to rent Mad Max.

I badly want to play Witcher, but the scale of it is so intimidating. I rarely, if ever, finish games that big. To put that into perspective, the last massive RPG I finished was Dragon Age Origins, and before that it was probably Oblivion. Have the same fear with The Witcher I do with long TV series, I will start it, not finish it, and my friends will yell at me.

The PC issues really hurt Arkham Knight for me. I was so, so hyped for that game, and then the performance issues and the raging around it killed it stone dead for me. It was part of the reason I bought a new rig, so that one stung a bit. I can't get excited for it now, which is a shame. I never finished Origins either, but that one just bored me. It felt too easy compared to the first two, IMO.

Love is a shit thing. It should be banned.

4719544930_i_m_ok_with_this__n1296497202304__super_answer_2_xlarge.png

Walking Dead. Sure the last issue had awful dialog but the next one will probably have a golden legendary.

Right now, probably Archie.

Can't disagree. Entire back line has much to answer for and Ter Stegen isn't filling me with any kind of confidence. He looks terrified out there. The forwards created chances in the second half and just needed to take them so I am not worried about that.
Kinda expected a loss like this tbh. Packed schedule and no changes to roster due to transfer ban. The team will be much stronger in second half

Messi

Saga

Kinda expected a loss like this tbh. Packed schedule and no changes to roster due to transfer ban. The team will be much stronger in second half

They will be much better after the January window. But the hope is that it isn't too late. another loss or two and in la liga that mountain is nearly impossible to climb. Barca go away to all the big clubs in the first half of the season and this loss wasn't planned so it hurts. Schedule really fucked Barca this year.

Squire

Banned
If you don't get it for multiplayer or access to leaderboard or whatever, PS+ is the same as GCU or Amazon Prime. You pay that sum now so stuff is cheaper later.

That's how I see it, anyway. The games are really things I want, but the extra damage to discounts is pretty fantastic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Hard to say since I just started most of my favorite series in the last month.

East of West has probably hooked me the most.

Owzers

I really need to check out Archie if cmx ever has a digital sale.

I did watch the first episode of the new Gotham season, my opinion is the same as when i ditched the first season, I like the villains and dislike Gordon/baby bruce and selina.

I had this snake guy from the best snake movie.

DC Comics
Batman '66 #27
Justice League 3001 #4
Prez #4
Scooby-Doo Team-Up #12

Image Comics
Sex Criminals #12
Tokyo Ghost #1

Other Publishers
The Auteur: Sister Bambi #4 (Oni)
Hellboy in Hell #8 (Dark Horse)
Public Relations #1 (Devils Due)

Just skimmed through Sex Criminals and
OHGODWHATTHEFUCKIVESEENENOUGHHENTAI

Got a nice pile o' stuff to dig into tonight:

Grayson #12
JL3K1 #4
We Are Robin #4
DC Bombshells #4-9
Bizarro #4
Black Canary #4
Doctor Fate #4
Martian Manhunter #4

Mmmmm

Hagi

I think I'm going to start reading Doctor Fate, it's not going to get cancelled in like 2 issues is it? that would be a bummer.

I think I'm going to start reading Doctor Fate, it's not going to get cancelled in like 2 issues is it? that would be a bummer.

I'd wait for the first trade, honestly. No murmurs of cancellation yet, but it's still experiencing growing pains. At least, I hope they're growing pains. It's been getting better, but veeeery sloooowly.

EDIT: Okay, this current issue is pretty good.

But I'd still wait on the first trade.

Never heard of it....i presume you dislike it and want to share in complaining about it?
Yes, that's exactly it.

Public Relations #1 is the first new ongoing from the reborn Devil's Due; it's a romantic comedy about a guy who invites a girl he likes on a trip to his father's birthday party. And things happen, and it's all smartly written and full of wit and humor.

Here's a preview:

From the back cover done up as an air travel pamphlet:
"1. Federal regulations limit necrotizing potions in your carry-on baggage to three fluid ounces."
"2. For a nominal charge, blankets are available for those passengers wishing to maintain the illusion of privacy while they do hand stuff."
"3. Take care when opening overhead bins, as luggage and homunculi may have shifted during flight."
"4. If the cabin loses pressure, please lick your own oxygen toad thoroughly before assisting children with theirs."
"5. For a nominal charge, you may purchase headphones to watch in-flight entertainment." (picture is of a guy watching #2 on his tablet)
"6. Only female dragons are employed for commercial flights now, so passengers no longer need to wonder whether it is indeed an emergency slide that has extended from below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom