• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thoughtt Earth One was the world where DCs Trinity was dead and its all about how the world deals with this? Or is this a prequel?

Two hour premieres are a barrier for me watching a show when it airs, that's a lot of commercials and all my entertainment time really. Plus it's two hours of Heroes....

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind, but yeah, I get all of 1-2 hours on some weeknights (tonight) to make something to eat and relax. No way I'm wasting any of that on Heroes. lol

Only fall show I'm going to be watching, most likely, is The Good Wife, but that's on season 7. I know what I'm in for.

I thoughtt Earth One was the world where DCs Trinity was dead and its all about how the world deals with this? Or is this a prequel?

Earth One, so far, has been alternate takes on the heroes where they are the only hero who exists in that world, if I recall correctly. The one you mentioned is the new status quo for Earth 2.

I really dug the teen Titans one. I hope they do more.
Didn't know there was a Teen Titans one. Interesting.
They're a little more... grounded? I guess might be the word for it?

Personally, I enjoyed 'em, but overall response I've seen has been mixed.
Interesting. The Superman Earth One book intrigues me a lot, but I think that's because the covers look so damn cool.
Superman-Earth-One-Volume-1-Cover.jpg

Superman-Earth_One_vol.2.jpg

SME1v3_CVR_MKT.jpg
I think you're thinking about Earth Two.

At least, that was the status quo when I last read it, which was admittedly a longass time ago.
Yup, that's Earth 2. Godlike book.

Earth One, so far, has been alternate takes on the heroes where they are the only hero who exists in that world, if I recall correctly. The one you mentioned is the new status quo for Earth 2.

That's the answer I was looking for.

Owzers

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind, but yeah, I get all of 1-2 hours on some weeknights (tonight) to make something to eat and relax. No way I'm wasting any of that on Heroes. lol

Only fall show I'm going to be watching, most likely, is The Good Wife, but that's on season 7. I know what I'm in for.

That Supergirl show could be fun, the sneak peak had its hijinx moments. That and Evil Dead on Starz are the two new ones i'm most interested in.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just flew through volume one of BKV's Ex Machina. I'm really digging it so far.
I forgot how easy it was to read BKV's comics. It's a real pleasure.

Kipp

Oh hey, so Black Beetle Necrologue has to be officially gone forever, right? Like, seriously. What the hell is up with that.

Kipp

I hate it every time I'm made to remember this....
QUIT WITH THE FUCKIN COVERS ALLREADY?!?!

Haha yeah, for real.
To be fair, his covers are pretty great. And I mean, from his standpoint, why wouldn't he just do covers? I'm sure he gets paid a ton for them and he can pump them out pretty fast it seems. I'll bet he makes way more pumping out covers than doing Black Beetle.

But still, I'd love more Black Beetle. That first volume is one of my favorite things.

I feel like Black Beetle is just a showcase for his art anyway so I'm not holding out too hard for more, but I'd read it if it ever came out

Wool

Oh hey, so Black Beetle Necrologue has to be officially gone forever, right? Like, seriously. What the hell is up with that.

I just came to comic-gaf for the first time in forever to ask about this and you're actually currently talking about it. Wow!

It was originally going to come out October 2013. Delayed to the winter, then delayed to Fall 2014, then just recently there were multiple previews for #1 coming out on September 16th (8 days ago). As far as I know, it did not come out last week, but my LCS probably wouldn't have it even if it did, so IDevenK.

I just came to comic-gaf for the first time in forever to ask about this and you're actually currently talking about it. Wow!

It was originally going to come out October 2013. Delayed to the winter, then delayed to Fall 2014, then just recently there were multiple previews for #1 coming out on September 16th (8 days ago). As far as I know, it did not come out last week, but my LCS probably wouldn't have it even if it did, so IDevenK.

I like to think we're topical this way.

On Black Beetle, yeah, RIP

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But I read JLA: Earth Two a couple lf days ago and that were the Crime SyndicTe Universe.
I assume it was renumbered?

But I read JLA: Earth Two a couple lf days ago and that were the Crime SyndicTe Universe.
I assume it was renumbered?

That is pre-new 52 continuity and they've shuffled around which Earth is which before.

Ex: That Earth 2 was only Earth 2 because the previous Earth 2, where the JSA came from, no longer existed and most of the heroes shifted over to Earth Prime. When they reintroduced the multiverse they just kept the JSA on the main Earth.

Kipp

I feel like Black Beetle is just a showcase for his art anyway so I'm not holding out too hard for more, but I'd read it if it ever came out

Personally, I really enjoyed the writing. Almost as much as I loved the art. I think he nailed the noir writing style. It hit all the right notes for me.

Haha. Amazing.
But yeah, the delays are just silly. Francavilla and Dark Horse just need to admit it'll never happen.

Zombine

Banned
So yeah the Earth One books are pretty damn legit. Earth One Batman is a stellar take on the character and the art is amazing.

Skybound has a sale going on this weekend, but their outlandish shipping costs kinda negates the whole thing.

I had a pretty good day. First, my copies of the Walking Dead hardcovers Vol. 10 and 11 shipped from IST. Which left only the wait for Vol.12 next week.

But wait, what's this!?
*Waifu provided for evidence that it's my pic

And then this came in the mail, which I ordered just the other day.

Wait a minute.... There's something else in this envelope....

Man, Ottley is so fucking cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom