• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
You should get Lady Killer if you like her art!

None of it is on CMX! I thought Dark Horse was putting stuff up there now? But I see the first trade (is it a trade?) on Amazon for ~$10 and I can get $5 off of that, so I'll probably just buy it physically regardless.

Like stuff on Adam & Eve?

hzdiOJb.gif

Owzers

i played a half hour or more of Until Dawn tonight and everyone is getting wrecked. It is literally the wrecking hour.

I never finished the first. I put it on hard, ran out of ammo and had to run past a lot of things while not being scared. Just annoyed. I'll maybe get back to it later. I also never played the 3rd because I've only heard bad things.

Ponn

Banned
old man logan battleworld trade worth getting? Also Spider-Man Renew Your Vows seemed to be getting good reviews here. I'm trying to think if I want to bother with Dark Knight III monthly or just wait for the trade IF by miracle it turns out good. I'm tempted to get some of those looney tunes variants just for the covers.

RR was also the lead writer for Bulletstorm.
I hear good things about this game, never played it.

old man logan battleworld trade worth getting? Also Spider-Man Renew Your Vows seemed to be getting good reviews here. I'm trying to think if I want to bother with Dark Knight III monthly or just wait for the trade IF by miracle it turns out good. I'm tempted to get some of those looney tunes variants just for the covers.
First issue of renew your vows did nothing for me. Maybe there just isn't enough spider man in my life.

Squire

Banned
Are there any good games with comic book writers? Just out of curiosity.

Haden Blackman, who co-wrote New 52 Batwoman up to issue #24 and wrote Masters of Kung-Fu for Marvel, was the lead on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 and 2. He's currently the lead for Mafia 3.

Rick Remender was a writer for Dead Space

I don't remember thinking the writing in the game was particularly good, but it's a pretty fun game

Really? That's some kind of trivia, haha.

Warren Ellis was a writer for Dead Space.

Bulletstorm had some of the best trash writing in gaming. Dude knew exactly what he was doing, and it was great for the duration of the game.

If anyone chooses to play it, be aware that it ends on a massive cliffhanger that'll never get resolved.

Haden Blackman, who co-wrote New 52 Batwoman up to issue #24 and wrote Masters of Kung-Fu for Marvel, was the lead on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 and 2. He's currently the lead for Mafia 3.

Really? That's some kind of trivia, haha.
Is this a good thing? My friend loves those star wars games.

Ponn

Banned
First issue of renew your vows did nothing for me. Maybe there just isn't enough spider man in my life.

Apparently it includes that Secret Love issue people were talking about recently. I'm still tempted on it. Not many trades on this order it looks like, unless I decide to go for that $500 Civil War box.

Tizoc

Are there any good games with comic book writers? Just out of curiosity.

I think Peter David worked on Bulletstorm.
Warren Ellis worked on this game
http://www.gog.com/game/hostile_waters_antaeus_rising
Morrison worked on a Predator game for the Xbox/360

Daniel Way worked on the Deadpool game which IMO was the best thing Deadpool he ever did :p

Fix'd. And yes, Teppu is the best. Only Keijo gives it a run for its money. Both series curbstomp the bechdel test with ease.

Neither is slice of life, tho.

Eh I'm of the mindset that bringing up slice of life feels like cheating...

Finally putting my DCBS order together,,
Bunch of good gems so far..

DKlll #1
Klaus #1 (Grant Morrison Santa)
James Bond #1, I didn't realize Warren Ellis is writing this,, nice
Six Gun Gorilla Pen & Ink (issue #1 & #2, 7"x11")
Batman Endgame Directors Cut #1

So Nameless is still going?? I thought it was #5/5... #6 on Septembers DCBS order

Has anyone heard anything about HUCK #1? Mark Miller and Rafael Albuquerque

or The Goddamned #1 "brutal biblical noir"
Writer JASON AARON & artist R.M. GUÉRA, the creators of the seminal crime series SCALPED

Star Wars Vader Down #1
sounds interesting.. mainly because the creative team
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Mike Deodato

ElNarez

Banned
Vader Down is the Star Wars comics event, a good ol' Aaron/Gillen crossover like in the days of X-Men. If you haven't read Darth Vader or Star Wars you might be lost.

Vader Down is the Star Wars comics event, a good ol' Aaron/Gillen crossover like in the days of X-Men. If you haven't read Darth Vader or Star Wars you might be lost.

Yeah I've been reading both,,, so its a mini series then?

..and good god that dcbs order got out of hand quick.

Tizoc

Groot #4
That is both awesome and adorable
I'm getting real bored of this comic already...

Daredevil 18
Bros til the end, and a nice finish to the series. Thanks for all the good times Mr. Waid.

Transformers MTMTE #44
Well that solves the mystery of the Necrobot, simple but fun issue IMO.

Mindwipe

So, on to book 3 of Knightfall.

So let me get this straight DC, in a 1800 page set of trades, you didn't think it was neccessary to put in the issues
where Bruce has his spine repaired!??

He literally just turns up out of nowhere and can walk again. It's bizarre.

I understand this happened during Knightfall: The Search. Does anyone have a listing of the issues of that which aren't in the Knightfall trades?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finished Harbinger and... damn. That was good. I'll have to read Imperium after that wraps up.

Now onto Archer & Armstrong - I read the first issue on the subway this morning and I am INTO it. Seems like just the right kind of light hearted adventure to cleanse the palate before diving into Armor Hunters.

Finished Harbinger and... damn. That was good. I'll have to read Imperium after that wraps up.

Now onto Archer & Armstrong - I read the first issue on the subway this morning and I am INTO it. Seems like just the right kind of light hearted adventure to cleanse the palate before diving into Armor Hunters.

Imperium is even more ambitious than Harbinger, I think. It hasn't quite hit those highs yet, but the last issue definitely got really close.

As for A&A, love it, get sad when there isn't more of it, try to replace it with Ivar, find out Ivar is better, get sad when there isn't more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom