• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Finally putting my DCBS order together,,
Bunch of good gems so far..

DKlll #1
Klaus #1 (Grant Morrison Santa)
James Bond #1, I didn't realize Warren Ellis is writing this,, nice
Six Gun Gorilla Pen & Ink (issue #1 & #2, 7"x11")
Batman Endgame Directors Cut #1

So Nameless is still going?? I thought it was #5/5... #6 on Septembers DCBS order

Has anyone heard anything about HUCK #1? Mark Miller and Rafael Albuquerque

or The Goddamned #1 "brutal biblical noir"
Writer JASON AARON & artist R.M. GUÉRA, the creators of the seminal crime series SCALPED

Star Wars Vader Down #1
sounds interesting.. mainly because the creative team
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Mike Deodato

Yeah this month is going to be hard to put a dcbs order together for me, a lot of stuff i'd have to have faith in to order. Bond and Klaus especially, I'll probably wait for a digital sale. DK3 noooooooooooo whyyyyyy!!!!!?

Well, it's Greg Pak so it shouldn't be horrible. There's that, at least.

Banner to become Marvel's intellectual Top Dog. #believe

Yeah this month is going to be hard to put a dcbs order together for me, a lot of stuff i'd have to have faith in to order. Bond and Klaus especially, I'll probably wait for a digital sale. DK3 noooooooooooo whyyyyyy!!!!!?

Yeah and I already have $160 worth of statues shipping out next month as well... argh

Why have they changed the hulk to cho?

Probably to try to make writers focus on who's the hulk, instead of on the brute himself, and preventing rehashes of hulk smashes, banner sobs.

Also because teen demographics. Mostly because teen demographics.

Squire

Banned

Christ, what a Totally Obnoxious name.

And Frank Cho, the artist — he’s a tremendous artist and he’s got a million great ideas and characters he’s been working on, and the big villainous of this story arc is a Frank Cho original. You’re going to see a pretty spectacular new villainous in this new storyline

DeviantArt-tier cheesecake villain confirmed. Great.

mreddie

Didn't they say Bruce was still the Hulk? Dammit, okay. This I have a problem with since I read the last Hulk arc.

Trickster

Had one of those dumb thoughts while lying in bed trying to sleep last night.

Basically, what would happen if Disney were to acquire dc comics? Would dc and marvel stay seperate, or would the 2 universes get merged, possible in a reboot similar to the new 52?

Basically, what would happen if Disney were to acquire dc comics? Would dc and marvel stay seperate, or would the 2 universes get merged, possible in a reboot similar to the new 52?

I think they would keep them separate except for crossovers. That or kill everyone in the DCU except Batman, his crew and his villains

Separate with possibly more frequent crossovers.

You don't see disney mixing donald and howard very often, after all.

Some cool statues on DCBS.. I shouldn't have started digging around....

Shaolin Cowboy Polystone Coll Fig
shaolin-cowboy-polystone-and-diecast-figure.jpg

DC Comics Variant Play Arts Kai Batman Steampunk Ver

jesus who cares who knew when why can't you just be excited for a rad comic its like yallways gotta win something

the way people stand in the way of their own joy is somehow constantly surprising to me
lmao

Everything would be at least $3.99

jesus who cares who knew when why can't you just be excited for a rad comic its like yallways gotta win something

the way people stand in the way of their own joy is somehow constantly surprising to me
lmao

It's been said before, but people here enjoy controversy more than talking about how awesome stuff is...

lmao

Oh, it doesn't change my thoughts on the potential comic. It's more that it was just a super bizarre PR angle from Marvel that kind of leaves you scratching your head.

Squire

Banned

lmao

It doesn't sound all that rad.

Might even be renamed to The Totally Cancelled Hulk after a year or so. 😏

Oh, it doesn't change my thoughts on the potential comic. It's more that it was just a super bizarre PR angle from Marvel that kind of leaves you scratching your head.

Yes, exactly. I'm still excited about the book but the long tease for the obvious choice was strange to say the least

ElNarez

Banned

if that happens it's not gonna be just DC, but Warner as a whole

Squire

Banned
That honor is going to Starbrand's book. I can see Cho Hulk going on for...12 issues?

Well, yeah.

I could see Starbrand lasting longer because it has the hijinks angle going for it. The characters aren't established though so it could go either way.

Hulk though is just whatever. I don't think teens care. I like Cho, but I'm not convinced he'll make teens care any more than they already do.

mreddie

Well, yeah.

I could see Starbrand lasting longer because it has the hijinks angle going for it. The characters aren't established though so it could go either way.

Hulk though is just whatever. I don't think teens care. I like Cho, but I'm not convinced he'll make teens care any more than they already do.

I think Kamala and Miles have that demo on lock anyways, I could see why Cho Hulk could work, it's a flip from the Banner Hulk, he's not angry or dreads the power but enjoys it and wants to help.

Batman #44 preview (CBR)

Now, some of you are probably going to look at that and go "OMG YES JOCK ART JOCK AND SNYDER TOGETHER AGAIN CAN'T WAIT!!!111one!!" and that's fine.

Me, I look at that and I see a problem that reinforces something I said earlier was in my opinion part of the problem with modern Batman:
Batman is calling Gordon out to a crime scene to investigate a dead body. BATMAN is calling GORDON out to a crime scene. Not the other way around like it should be, like Batman is the special investigator who only gets called upon when the Gotham PD are in over their heads or stumped and can't see the connections and so they shine that symbol in the sky. No, Batman is calling Gordon out like some patrolman who came upon this body on his route, and is calling his boss in to oversee, only Gordon's not his boss so it's more like a courtesy call? I mean, it's not like Gordon is contributing anything worthwhile; in fact it's safe to assume from dialogue that Batman was on top of this dead body investigation already, and he's only calling Gordon as a courtesy. He's letting the police in on HIS investigation. The police can't handle a dead body in the middle of a nowhere part of Gotham without him. And that's all backwards.

In my opinion, of course. Okay, rant over.

Squire

Banned
i thinkit's a testament to how great the book will be that everyone instantly knew it would be cho

GOD I CANT WAITTTTT

I'm really not trying to piss in Cheerios, but we all knew it was Cho because something involving him in a Secret Wars book and a rumor after the fact.

I think Kamala and Miles have that demo on lock anyways, I could see why Cho Hulk could work, it's a flip from the Banner Hulk, he's not angry or dreads the power but enjoys it and wants to help.

Yeah, that's the best part of it. I find it's the drama that keeps me invested in things in the long haul though, you know? Like, those first few adventures in Hawkeye were great, but if it was just twenty issues of that I don't think it would've resonated in quite the same way. Pak will have to come up with some interesting challenges for Cho.

I never finished the first. I put it on hard, ran out of ammo and had to run past a lot of things while not being scared. Just annoyed. I'll maybe get back to it later. I also never played the 3rd because I've only heard bad things.

I played Dead Space 3 very recently. It wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still good. The microtransaction and universal ammo were terrible, but otherwise it was fine. Would probably wait for a sale or bundle though.

Mad Max is really good, you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom