• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

NYCC Panels are up...they finally moved the charity auction to earlier in the day so that there won't be Javits employees shutting the lights off on us again.

Looks like it'll be Friday night for the Marvel TV and/or Walking Dead panels...nothing listed there yet. Plus they are doing panels off-site at Hammerstein Ballroom this year too but don't have anything listed yet.

Busaiku

Z8eFBh9l.jpg

5WmQttC.jpg
Peter and Cindy slice of life when.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It looks like a really shitty photoshop

What are they thinking? It doesn't even disguise him, which is the whole point of a fucking costume.

VanWinkle

What are your guys' favorite New 52 series? I'm looking for some recommendations. So far I have Batman, Nightwing, Justice League, The Flash, and Red Hood and the Outlaws (well, the first volumes of them).

And, Diggle's costume...umm...wow. Not sure what to think about that, lol. It just looks like a guy wearing regular clothes with a bizarre helmet.

Owzers

What are your guys' favorite New 52 series? I'm looking for some recommendations. So far I have Batman, Nightwing, Justice League, The Flash, and Red Hood and the Outlaws (well, the first volumes of them).

And, Diggle's costume...umm...wow. Not sure what to think about that, lol.

Wonder Woman Azzarello/Chiang was my favorite, only downside is it was rather group/baby focused and not so much Wonder Woman, it also went on too long for just the one main arc.

It could also be Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.
Also Bucky is missing his entire left arm not his forearm.
Good point there. If I'm trying to follow up with the theory, he is Hulking out, so weird stuff might happen. Ross lost his stache whenever he Red-Hulked. Although the metal arm wouldn't exactly grow.

Avixph

Good point there. If I'm trying to follow up with the theory, he is Hulking out, so weird stuff might happen. Ross lost his stache whenever he Red-Hulked. Although the metal arm wouldn't exactly grow.
The new Hulk could also be Miles Morales' best friend Ganke Lee, who goes by the alias Ganke the Awesome.

2D9gqRF.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Six or so pages of non-significant story, maps and short write-ups of the factions, and then a couple pages of the timeline of the world. I don't like this kind of stuff but i buy it, same with Multiversity's guidebook issue. Both are disappointments.

I'll probably pick it up. I'm a pretty big sucker for maps.

Teppu says hi

Seriously it has the best female protagonist in a Japanese manga ever: She's a masochist alpha bitch troll.

Fix'd. And yes, Teppu is the best. Only Keijo gives it a run for its money. Both series curbstomp the bechdel test with ease.

Neither is slice of life, tho.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Grayson is awesome.
Starfire is a lot of fun.
Secret Six has potential if it can get past its recent artist issues.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
omg

Short Term 12 is GOAT

I was on the edge of tears like the whole movie.

Doc died? When did that happen?

After re-tooling the Cathexis Ray Generator to re-absorb and turn the Hulked-Out Heroes (and A.I.Marines) back to normal, Banner tries to absorb all of the energy with his body - and mostly succeeds - but at a crucial juncture, the machinery begins to break down from the feedback. Samson steps in and absorbs the additional excess energy, but for unknown reasons, his body is unable to absorb the energy as readily as Banner's body can and he is killed by the overload, reduced to a charred skeleton in seconds.[54]

During the Chaos War, Doc Samson returns from the dead after what happened to the death realms. He helps Bruce and the other Hulks fight Brian Banner, Abomination, and the demons on Amatsu-Mikaboshi's side. Doc Samson was helpful in holding off Abomination. When Hercules sacrificed the All-Father powers to heal the universe, some of those who came back to life returned to the afterlife while the others remained among the living. Samson's fate was unknown.[55]

When Red Hulk and Doctor Strange traveled to the Monster Metropolis and enlisted the help of the Legion of Monsters, they discover that the spirit that has been haunting Red Hulk is the insane evil side of Doc Samson (referred to as Dark Samson) which hasn't passed into the next life. Using a ghost entrapment device, Red Hulk and the Legion of Monsters were able destroy the Dark Samson spirit by ripping the Dark Samson spirit in half. Red Hulk and the Legion of Monsters did a toast to honor Doc Samson after that.[56]

[56] sez hulk vol 2 #52 (july 2012)
That wiki description sure helps the general narrative that hulk almost always has terrible arcs.

A Valley Ant mystery box, huh? How, err, mysterious.

Very mysterious. If it's some signed stuff, I'm in, but I don't see whether it is or not.

The best New 52 series was Batwoman. Sadly, it was cancelled after #24
and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom