• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Here is the 20 page (!) preview of Stjepan Sejic's Switch. Please give this a read and give him a shot. He really deserves better sales than he gets and I really think you guys would enjoy this book. It has his humor and charm all over it. Issue #1 is 45 pages I believe for $3.99. That is amazing value.

switch-preview1-1-ad7a1.jpg

Switch preview

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Here is the 20 page (!) preview of Stjepan Sejic's Switch. Please give this a read and give him a shot. He really deserves better sales than he gets and I really think you guys would enjoy this book. It has his humor and charm all over it. Issue #1 is 45 pages I believe for $3.99. That is amazing value.

Switch preview

I'll check it out when I get home.

Switch preview
Looks like Witchblade without the gratuitous TNA. Interested.

Switch preview

Decent. Will probably check it out. The writing got a little bit... stilted in places, and the tails of the word bubbles are irrationally bugging me, but other than that I liked it.

This is tangentially related to those "The Darkness" games, yeah? The snake things that cropped up behind that Conquistador looked awfully familiar.

Messi

Decent. Will probably check it out. The writing got a little bit... stilted in places, and the tails of the word bubbles are irrationally bugging me, but other than that I liked it.

This is tangentially related to those "The Darkness" games, yeah? The snake things that cropped up behind that Conquistador looked awfully familiar.

Yes

The word bubbles are a sejic thing and at times he puts stuff in them like hearts and stuff. I really like them.

--

So I was browsing Amazon Uk and I found this:

51PBxzzrpJL.jpg

Harley and Ivy: The Deluxe Edition Hardcover – 16 Feb 2016
by Paul Dini (Author)

From Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, the masterminds behind the critically acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series, comes this early adventure of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy packed with hilarious hijinx and tons of action!

Harley and Ivy want to take down the Batman once and for all, but first, Harley's got to prove that she has what it takes to make it as a bona fide villain in Gotham City.

HARLEY AND IVY: THE DELUXE EDITION collects the miniseries, BATMAN: HARLEY AND IVY #1-3, along with exclusive extras and bonus material. This deluxe format new collection is a must-have for Harley fans everywhere!

InfamousJampackedFinch.gif

When did this get announced? they are finally reprinting this? please please please. It is amazing.

Owzers

i spent most of my comic budget on the Lois Lane Bombshell statue O________O We will see if there are regrets when it arrives.

Until Dawn feels too long towards the end, i wish it finished strong instead of long stretches in the
sanitarium and mines

I also prefer non-world war 2ish Atomic Robo stories, second Robo trade is only okay.

Avixph

BAGLEY'S "CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS" #1 VARIANT REVIVES PUNISHER-INSPIRED OUTLAW.

Contest-of-Champions-1-var-Bagley-89dcc.jpg

In a new variant cover by "Ultimate Spider-Man" artist Mark Bagley, "Contest of Champions" #1 appears to signal the return of Outlaw, a Punisher-inspired British vigilante.
Nigel Higgins first appeared in "Punisher" #64 by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning and Douglas Braithwaite. After suffering a tragedy, Higgins is inspired by the Punisher to become a vigilante himself, assuming the name Outlaw and taking on crime in London, England. Outlaw has teamed up with the Punisher on several occasions.
Source: Comic Book Resources Via: Newsarama

MG310

So I was browsing Amazon Uk and I found this:

When did this get announced? they are finally reprinting this? please please please. It is amazing.

lKRxZwn.gif

Also I'm on board with Amadeus Cho Hulk and the inevitable crossover with Hercules.

Nudull

Banned
Anyone still reading the Secret Wars Runaways series? How has it been?

Looks like Witchblade without the gratuitous TNA. Interested.

To think I'd be legitimately interested in a Witchblade-related comic is a surprise. I really hope it's as decent as it looks.

Messi

Anyone still reading the Secret Wars Runaways series? How has it been?

To think I'd be legitimately interested in a Witchblade-related comic is a surprise. I really hope it's as decent as it looks.

Sejic was always going to take a different route than regular Witchblade. His problem isnt writing or drawing a good book (his creator owned Sunstone and Death Vigil are fantastic) it's just that his books just don't sell on the shelf. He really needs people to pre-order so stores buy more copies. I've no doubt with book will be great fun with interesting and lovable characters.

--

If Marvel aren't doing everything in their power to get Joelle Jones on a Mockingbird ongoing they are crazy. That art is stupidly good. Such a fun read.

Hagi

She is? I don't watch Marvels TV stuff. :(

I think you would probably like Shield. Plenty of hijinks and Bobby is a standout character in season two. Kinda sad that she and Hunter are getting their own show actually.

Squire

Banned
Mockingbird this. Mockingbird that.

It's really that good. The ongoing needs to happen.

Edit: I've been catching up on SHIELD and yeah, Bobbi is dope as hell. Lance Hunter is a better MCU Hawkeye than Barton. Their interplay is fantastic. The show could be excellent.

anaron

I tweeted her, the author, and their colorist saying I hope it's an ongoing and the author favorited my tweet.

Oh god I hope they're in talks.
yes please

there's no way this wasn't a pilot of sorts for an ongoing. I just hope it does well enough

Messi

I tweeted her, the author, and their colorist saying I hope it's an ongoing and the author favorited my tweet.

Oh god I hope they're in talks.

Doesn't that tombstone at the end read 'until we meet again'? I took it as a nod. I hope it sells well.

Edit : checked it. Second last page. That's what it says :)

Squire

Banned
yes please

there's no way this wasn't a pilot of sorts for an ongoing. I just hope it does well enough

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. And it did strike me as Hawkeye-ish, too. Thought about making a thread in OT for it.

Doesn't that tombstone at the end read 'until we meet again'? I took it as a nod. I hope it sells well.

Oh, I missed that!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Err I think they mistook Joe Mad's "anime spiky hair" with ACTUAL spikes for hair lol

3975463-3972096-3971921-inhuman_3_cover.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I've been reading, but it hasn't been comics. Star Wars: Aftermath came in the mail today and it is very interesting.

Some digital comics are cheaper on Amazon than Comixology, which I find weird. Is there any disadvantage to buying them there? Quality the same? Black Panther Complete Collection Vol. 1 is $29.99 at Comixology but $16.49 at Amazon.

Hagi

I've been reading, but it hasn't been comics. Star Wars: Aftermath came in the mail today and it is very interesting.

ah I'm jealous it's not out in the UK till next week I still have Lords of the Sith to go through first though

VanWinkle

I just found out about InStockTrades. ARGH why did nobody tell me about this?! I thought Amazon was the go-to place since they sell well below MSRP, but IST has them beat handily with almost every graphic novel I looked up.

Only thing is I have to buy multiple graphic novels to make it much cheaper, since it has $4.00 flat rate shipping until you spend $50, at which time shipping is free.

Boogiepop

I just found out about InStockTrades. ARGH why did nobody tell me about this?! I thought Amazon was the go-to place since they sell well below MSRP, but IST has them beat handily with almost every graphic novel I looked up.

Only thing is I have to buy multiple graphic novels to make it much cheaper, since it has $4.00 flat rate shipping until you spend $50, at which time shipping is free.

Yeah, IST is pretty much the go-to place. Amazon can occasionally win out by a bit on the non-DC/Marvel/Image/Dark Horse stuff for price, but it's also worth noting that IST also packages way, waaaaay more securely.

VanWinkle

Not only are books cheaper, they're also guaranteed to arrive in much better condition when you order from IST.

Yeah, IST is pretty much the go-to place. Amazon can occasionally win out by a bit on the non-DC/Marvel/Image/Dark Horse stuff for price, but it's also worth noting that IST also packages way, waaaaay more securely.

That's awesome! I just ordered seven trades, which I REALLY should not have done, but I got way too excited. I compared it to my amazon wish list since I bought some of that stuff from that, and I saved almost THIRTY DOLLARS. $63 instead of $91 on Amazon.

Amazing.

Ponn

Banned

Hitting $50 isn't the problem. It's keeping it within your budget so you can still afford some ramen for the month.

I just ordered Absolute Sandman vol. 1 earlier and about to place my 2nd order for vol. 2 with that sweet extra 2% off, woohoo for $2 saved!

Some digital comics are cheaper on Amazon than Comixology, which I find weird. Is there any disadvantage to buying them there? Quality the same? Black Panther Complete Collection Vol. 1 is $29.99 at Comixology but $16.49 at Amazon.

No disadvantage really, other than having to use the Kindle app and have your collection split among CMX and that.

That's awesome! I just ordered seven trades, which I REALLY should not have done, but I got way too excited. I compared it to my amazon wish list since I bought some of that stuff from that, and I saved almost THIRTY DOLLARS. $63 instead of $91 on Amazon.

Amazing.

It's also worth noting that for the entire week following an order, any additional orders you make will get an additional 2% off the existing IST discounts. That's how they keep people hooked. Put in a new order every week when the new books go up and you can keep that 2% indefinitely.

Vyer

Amazing.

They will also be packaged with tender loving care that blows away Amazon's 'throw that shit in a box' policy.

And they will probably be shipped sometime in 2016.

And they will probably be shipped sometime in 2016.

You exaggerate. My stuff usually ships within a few days. If it's something older that's on backorder, then it can take a week or so.

Also, Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1 comes out next week! Yessssssssss.

VanWinkle

About 3/4 of my graphic novels ordered from Amazon came boxed and in good condition, but I have got SEVERAL that had big creases on the cover despite being brand new, which is really aggravating.

You exaggerate. My stuff usually ships within a few days. If it's something older that's on backorder, then it can take a week or so.

Also, Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1 comes out next week! Yessssssssss.

Does it clearly disclose whether it's backordered? I didn't notice any wording like that at any point, but I don't know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom