• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it clearly disclose whether it's backordered? I didn't notice any wording like that at any point, but I don't know now.

No, they don't specify. But if it's on the website, it only means either that they have it on hand, or they can definitely get it from their distributor.

Vyer

You exaggerate. My stuff usually ships within a few days. If it's something older that's on backorder, then it can take a week or so.

Well...yeah, I didn't actually think it would take five more months. :p

But my last two orders did take at two weeks to ship, with no real indications of stock or anything. Or any communication at all really, until I got worried and sent them an email. So so far my experience definitely falls under the 'a little slow' header. It's been a little while so perhaps they have improv d.

Great buy otherwise though. Books were in great condition.

VanWinkle

Well...yeah, I didn't actually think it would take five more months. :p

But my last two orders did take at two weeks to ship, with no real indications of stock or anything. Or any communication at all really, until I got worried and sent them an email. So so far my experience definitely falls under the 'a little slow' header. It's been a little while so perhaps they have improv d.

Great buy otherwise though. Books were in great condition.

Now I'm kind of worried. I probably shouldn't have upgraded to fedex ground since I may not even get them next week anyway apparently.

Not that it's a huge deal, but still.

Now I'm kind of worried. I probably shouldn't have upgraded to fedex ground since I may not even get them next week anyway apparently.

IST isn't as quick with shipping as they used to be. They recently moved from the Midwest to the East coast to be closer to their distributor, so at least backorders don't take as long as they did at one point.

Vyer

You may get lucky in that what you ordered is available. And as I said, maybe there have been improvements since I last ordered.

Either way yeah it might get end up a little slow, but you'll get your books (and get them in excellent shape) one way or the other

VanWinkle

IST isn't as quick with shipping as they used to be. They recently moved from the Midwest to the East coast to be closer to their distributor, so at least backorders don't take as long as they did at one point.

You may get lucky in that what you ordered is available. And as I said, maybe there have been improvements since I last ordered.

Either way yeah it might get end up a little slow, but you'll get your books (and get them in excellent shape) one way or the other

Cool. Thanks for the info, guys!

Nudull

Banned
No disadvantage really, other than having to use the Kindle app and have your collection split among CMX and that.

Is Kindle usually good for comics? I know I've wanted an e-reader for my digital collection for a while, but money issues get in the way.

Is Kindle usually good for comics? I know I've wanted an e-reader for my digital collection for a while, but money issues get in the way.

Kindles / Nooks aren't bad for comics (the larger the screen, the better). As long as it can run the CMX app, it should be fine. But they're less good than say, an iPad or whatever fully functional tablet one would prefer.

Avixph

Marvel has released a couple more hip-hop variant covers.
  • All-new X-Men
    3VYeokB.jpg
    K567C63.jpg
  • Starbrand and Nightmask
  • Scarlet Witch
Source: Okay Player

frye

i'm reading Ninjak because the art looks like Jack Kirby compared to the usual trash they put on the pages

i'm actually having a decent time but whenever i see a credits page with an artist i recognize i'm like "wait, that dude did this??"

I think his pitch for it is really good, myself.
In all seriousness i don't usually weigh a writer's previous output too much unless i personally hate it, which isn't even the case here. i'm just indifferent but if they announce a cool artist or w/e, i'm there
i'm actually having a decent time but whenever i see a credits page with an artist i recognize i'm like "wait, that dude did this??"
Yeah i liked the X-O stuff from the first couple of volumes and those artists, and then Mann /Guice on Ninjak. The A&A and especially Harbinger stuff was mostly whatever. Never read Quantum & Woody but i remember they put like Tom Fowler and Ming Doyle on arcs of that

frye

In all seriousness i don't usually weigh a writer's previous output too much unless i personally hate it, which isn't even the case here. i'm just indifferent but if they announce a cool artist or w/e, i'm there

Yeah i liked the X-O stuff from the first couple of volumes and those artists, and then Mann /Guice on Ninjak. The A&A and especially Harbinger stuff was mostly whatever. Never read Quantum & Woody but i remember they put like Tom Fowler and Ming Doyle on arcs of that

Yeah Harbinger is yuck (and also
i guess the main dude is a rapist??
), not the biggest Khari Evans dude in the world but this is def the worst thing I've seen from him. X-O is a lot better but that just means it's juuuust about readable. Looking forward to Q/W tho, Tom Fowler owns

and yeah if I ever get to Ninjak i'm sure i'll have a good time, super big on Butch Guice and like Clay Mann quite a bit (and he is also extremely handsome)

Here is the 20 page (!) preview of Stjepan Sejic's Switch. Please give this a read and give him a shot. He really deserves better sales than he gets and I really think you guys would enjoy this book. It has his humor and charm all over it. Issue #1 is 45 pages I believe for $3.99. That is amazing value.

Switch preview
Looking like Death Vigil 2.0

Digging it
Marvel has released a couple more hip-hop variant covers.
  • All-new X-Men
  • Starbrand and Nightmask
  • Scarlet Witch
Source: Okay Player

*HEAVY BREATHING*

Yeah Harbinger is yuck (and also
i guess the main dude is a rapist??
), not the biggest Khari Evans dude in the world but this is def the worst thing I've seen from him. X-O is a lot better but that just means it's juuuust about readable. Looking forward to Q/W tho, Tom Fowler owns

and yeah if I ever get to Ninjak i'm sure i'll have a good time, super big on Butch Guice and like Clay Mann quite a bit (and he is also extremely handsome)

ah yeah, I liked some parts of the book but i think it was better when it was just about that main guy, as shitty as he was because of course that young dude with Prof X powers is gonna be shitty
and the fact that that chick comes around on him later is... huh. i remember not buying into that
. The character stuff in it is kinda inconsistent and pretty spotty overall, which is also true for the art. I actually sorta liked Khari Evans for the book because despite it being sloppy-lookin it was this weird kind of dark grittyness and the follow up artists were mostly just the Valiant House Style that didn't capture that tone, even when they were dudes i liked. X-O i thought was dece' for the two arcs i read but i've never really felt like going back to it

Ninjak, even the fill-in looks good, iirc by Juan Jose Ryp. Clay Mann kinda looks like a Clay Mann character. it's unfair, actually

Mindwipe

DRM isn't a concern since there are ways around that. I'm more concerned if the quality is the same.

It isn't.

I got volume 1 of Nu52 Suicide Squad on Kindle cheap, and the scan was so bad that it was literally unreadable. I had to go and buy it from CMX instead. Amazon didn't seem to give the slightest shit.

Thor #375 - #382: That was a fitting end to a glorious run. And I love that we had two winding-down chapters after the big fight (and in Simonson's Thor, a winding-down chapter involves the ice giants attacking Asgard...). Considering that the only other comic I've read with Fin Fang Foom was Nextwave, the reveal of his true identity was hilarious. Both those chapters were amazing.

(-_- even this run wasn't allowed to be untainted by an event.... Not a huge problem though, only a couple of pages of confusion.)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I cant understand people who spend money to read comicbooks in black and white Kindle versions. When trades were priced around 4$ - ok, but everything else is way to much.

Finished the last Morrison Batman and Robin trade today. Really, really enjoyed this series. DickBats and Damian were such a great team. Laughed far too much at Joker tripping over Dr Hurt with the banana. Guess I'd better order the Batman Inc trade once my wallet has recovered from Star Wars.

Hey Vyer if you feel like coming by amazing comic con I still got your Darkseid sketch!

anyone else readin these ugly ass valiant comics
This post killed me lmao
The Gotham Central omnibus is 900 pages?! @_@

How would one read that comfortably
Kipp didn't make that drawing for nothing

It's very hard. I'm a small guy and Doom Patrol was bigger than that. I ended up just having it open on my bed while I laid on my stomach so I could read it without it crushing me.

Thank you for being concerned about me. I am good, I just had a bad day or two and was in a bit of a depression hole. Getting better slowly. I would never do something drastic or harmful to myself in situations like this. But again, thank you for the concern. Its nice to think some of you cared enough to notice I wasnt here.

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing better. I'm painfully aware of what getting hit by a bout of depression can be like.

Hagi

Star Wars Figuarts...Hot Toys...BB8...I'm so sorry comics.

I'm there with you :p

Two Clone Troopers, two Battle Droids, Kylo Ren and two First Order Troopers all ordered and out within weeks of each other. Then there's all the Bandai Star Wars model kits I want plus that little testicle sized BB-8 sphero thing looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom