• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Stealth brag

Heh, good...use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

hvv5s4qjkao062chycl0.jpg

anyone else readin these ugly ass valiant comics

Yeah i liked the X-O stuff from the first couple of volumes and those artists, and then Mann /Guice on Ninjak. The A&A and especially Harbinger stuff was mostly whatever. Never read Quantum & Woody but i remember they put like Tom Fowler and Ming Doyle on arcs of that

lolwut

I can count the number of legit mediocre artists that have worked on Valiant comics on one hand.

Superman: That Ulysses arc Men of Tomorrow thing.

Man, JRJ's art ain't aging well. Also baseball caps? what.

lolwut

I can count the number of legit mediocre artists that have worked on Valiant comics on one hand.

Real talk: is the reason i avoid harbinger. The preview pages i get on other ishs... stuff looks ruff.

Real talk: is the reason i avoid harbinger. The preview pages i get on other ishs... stuff looks ruff.

Megapost of Valiant screens incoming but, the art is ok in some places but amazing in others. I'll post a shot from later Harbinger. I just did a quick flip through the first Harbinger trade, and Evans was kind of growing into it at that point. He comes back a lot stronger for the third arc.

Messi

Megapost of Valiant screens incoming but, the art is ok in some places but amazing in others. I'll post a shot from later Harbinger. I just did a quick flip through the first Harbinger trade, and Evans was kind of growing into it at that point. He comes back a lot stronger for the third arc.

Real talk. Make it an off topic thread. It could be good.

I think everyone knows Valiant gets better artists. There's no universe where Paolo Rivera and Steve Lieber are bad artists.

Chill.

Been reading Love and Rockets

Writing and art are both great, though I kinda wish I was past this whole mechanic in the jungle part. It's enjoyable but it's been going on for forever I feel like.

"I use my microscopic vision to see the air density to dress appropriately."
"the molecules in the air are denser when it's colder. I have to gauge the temperature that way because i usually can't feel it".

In which we learned that Clark Kent doesn't know thermometers exist. Also that every single meal he ever ate tasted cold. Because shit writing.

Boogiepop

Psh, IST is fine with shipping (outside of that one crazy time with the Hellboy Library Editions, but that was definitely just the result of an unusual situation in that they were moving and goddamn everyone had ordered them thanks to the moving sale). Usually they have stuff shipped out within a week of ordering, no problem, at least in my experience. Meanwhile, darn Rightstuf (though I love them for anime/manga stuff) has yet to ship any piece of the big old order I placed over a bit over a month ago, and thanks to them revamping their site, at least for now you can't even see which darn parts of your order are ready anymore, which is super frustrating for my OCD... Totally going to contact them about that on Monday, actually...

It isn't.

I got volume 1 of Nu52 Suicide Squad on Kindle cheap, and the scan was so bad that it was literally unreadable. I had to go and buy it from CMX instead. Amazon didn't seem to give the slightest shit.
How long ago was this? Maybe they have improved since then.

Freeza looking fresh to death every time

I gotta get moving in this game. I played 6+ hours yesterday and only did one story mission. Mission 7 is next. But I also already have 4 platforms built at Mother Base and got the trophy for 250 people "employed" at the base. It helps to kidnap everyone you possibly can.

I gotta get moving in this game. I played 6+ hours yesterday and only did one story mission. Mission 7 is next. But I also already have 4 platforms built at Mother Base and got the trophy for 250 people "employed" at the base. It helps to kidnap everyone you possibly can.

I think I've probably kidnapped the entire population of Afghanistan.

I've been trying to read Justice League Dark. Was a mistake to pick it up after Simonson Thor. I should take the advice I usually dish out and drop it. I don't see this improving.

I see you. I don't care much for him. Don't mind others loving him though.

Nah, just wanted to make a The Filth joke. A lot more of his comics are in my did-not-enjoy pile than the love-it pile.

I need to start kidnapping more dudes. I usually spend too much time, uh, killing them

I tranq everyone I can. If it's heavily populated with enemies, I'll usually just stealth until I inevitably get seen, then go Rambo mode. I've recently started sniping guard towers before I even go in. Seems to work well.

I tranq everyone I can. If it's heavily populated with enemies, I'll usually just stealth until I inevitably get seen, then go Rambo mode. I've recently started sniping guard towers before I even go in. Seems to work well.

You got a B or higher in a stat I need? You live. Otherwise you're getting a bullet or a knife.

so where was this guy when i was reading Harbinger, 'cause it wasn't in that first OHC

Paolo Riviera is good tho

use the shower

Keep in mind, these are low key artists that started on the early Valiant stuff. They were underappreciated and underutilized at other companies. Most of the early artists, Evans in particular, grew a lot drawing these books.

I still have to read Dr. Mirage. I have the trade, but I'm having difficulty bringing myself to read something that says "Valiant" on it.

Just because of me? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom