• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I love you Freeza :(

Sorry Lunchpod, there's another woman in my life right now.

tumblr_n7oi6dSguI1s3374oo1_500.gif

VanWinkle

I just read my first single issue in as long as I can remember, because I tried a month of Comic Block and got three single issues.

There were ads in it. What in the world? Is that normal? There aren't ads in the graphic novel format, which is the only thing I normally read, and I wasn't expecting them here. I mean, if they were like a dollar each, yeah, I'd understand. But they're magazine-level pricing with like a quarter of the pages.

Squire

Banned
I just read my first single issue in as long as I can remember, because I tried a month of Comic Block and got three single issues.

There were ads in it. What in the world? Is that normal? There aren't ads in the graphic novel format, which is the only thing I normally read, and I wasn't expecting them here. I mean, if they were like a dollar each, yeah, I'd understand. But they're magazine-level pricing with like a quarter of the pages.

There are ads in singles and there always have been.

I tranq everyone I can. If it's heavily populated with enemies, I'll usually just stealth until I inevitably get seen, then go Rambo mode. I've recently started sniping guard towers before I even go in. Seems to work well.
I tranq/choke and fulcrum everyone. It makes it easy to do stealth and not get detected since they can't wake up and can't get discovered. I'm 13 missions in and have 400+ people!

No ads when you go digital. Just sayian'

Watching a PT silent walkthrough. 10 minutes outta 30 in, it was already better than almost all horror games in the last decade. The fuck was kojima doing messing around with high budget stuff instead of taking on low risk projects for a risk averse company? Ah well, what could've been

I tranq/choke and fulcrum everyone. It makes it easy to do stealth and not get detected since they can't wake up and can't get discovered. I'm 13 missions in and have 400+ people!

Real talk: i don't even know why they put other weapons than the tranq and the rawkit lawnchair in those games.

Ponn

Banned
Seems Amazon's DRM scheme for comics is gross.

I'm not a fan of their Kindle reader app either. As far as my win 8 tablet i mean. It doesn't have any options for reading, enlarging or panel selection. Their sales are really good though so its painful, they just had the whole Superman Doomed collection for $5.

I'm trying really hard to stick with trades and HC because I don't want to collect floppies in bins like I used to but its really hard going through preorders on DCBS and not just clicking on the add button on everything that looks good.

Just started Series 6 Ep 2 Day of the Moon

Honestly did not care for S5 all that much. Really don't like Rory. Hope he gets less annoying with time.

These first 2 eps have been good so far.
The fifth series is Matt Smith's first isn't it? I think that's probably his most consistent series. I liked him as the Doctor but the writing for Tennant and Eccleston was better overall.

Nudull

Banned
Finished reading JLA/Titans: The Technis Imperative, long after the Atop the 4th Wall episode about it. It wasn't as mindblowing as I expected, but had some damn good character moments.

VanWinkle

I love interesting page layouts. I'm currently reading Ultimates Vol. 1 and its fantastic, but the layout is so booooorring.

Owzers

Finished Until Dawn but the end was a bit underwhelming because
I didn't really know what my actions would cause and i didn't think that running for the switch with Sam was "early" and would leave people in the house. Can't we all run together? Like....there was no communication with the other three people and i didn't consider what was going on a "plan"

I love interesting page layouts. I'm currently reading Ultimates Vol. 1 and its fantastic, but the layout is so booooorring.
Which Ultimates are you talking about? Millar Hitch?

Hitchs kind of paneling and storytelling was actually pretty fresh back then. He was hugely influential on artists at the time.

Finished Until Dawn but the end was a bit underwhelming because
I didn't really know what my actions would cause and i didn't think that running for the switch with Sam was "early" and would leave people in the house. Can't we all run together? Like....there was no communication with the other three people and i didn't consider what was going on a "plan"

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Messi blew everyone up.

VanWinkle

Which Ultimates are you talking about? Millar Hitch?

Hitchs kind of paneling and storytelling was actually pretty fresh back then. He was hugely influential on artists at the time.

Yeah, Millar and Hitch. It seems to only stick within the confines of the page. It never does anything interesting with the pages. I go through so many pages where all the panels are the same size.

Maybe I'm just forgetting or something. And the vast majority of what I have is from after the time that Ultimates released, so maybe that's it.

Owzers

i read through The Bounce and The Saviors #1 from my trial stack, i don't think i'm going to continue with each and don't have much to say outside of admitting i read things. Mostly read things, i flipped through the pages pretty fast because i kept seeing words and thought they'd go away if i changed pages but they kept showing up.

Messi

I've never heard anyone say anything good or bad. But hey it's Nocenti what could go wrong?

Oh man. I am in. A female lead Nocenti written book that was cancelled early. I love a good train wreck. How I have missed my time reading Queen Nocenti.

You know what Secret Wars book has been awesome? Where Monsters Dwell. It doesn't feel like a marvel book. It's really funny and surprisingly lewd. Especially issue #3.

Reading more Saga of the Swamp Thing, finished book two. I don't think writing romance is one of Alan Moore's strong suits.

One wonders why.
20121128-001951.jpg

Think the first time i ran into a female character that i thought well developed in comic books was during Sandman.

Of course i then later realized what a huge Mary Sue Death is, but that's another matter entirely. Several other well developed female chars in that book.

Think the first time i ran into a female character that i thought well developed in comic books was during Sandman.

Of course i then later realized what a huge Mary Sue Death is, but that's another matter entirely. Several other well developed female chars in that book.
How so? Haven't read it yet but her miniseries is on my list along with Sandman.

How so? Haven't read it yet but her miniseries is on my list along with Sandman.

She's Understanding. Beautiful. Eternal. Caring. And of the top of my head, (mind you, been some 15 years since i've last read sandman), has no flaw whatsoever.

If i remember her correctly, how could she be anything but?

Heck, compare her to dream, who's a walking pile of insecurity, or desire and delirium, and the contrast is quite stark.
Ah, i see that you haven't read sandman. It's still one of the best books to ever grace the industry. Also, researching a bit, seems that Gaiman introduced some flaws to her character on her mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom