• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Okay, so, finished Power Girl: Power Trip last night. Definitely fun, especially enjoyed the stuff with Vartox. Also, pretty amusing to find out that that was a revival of a timely knockoff character of that old movie, rather than a callback to something way back.

Also read Black Science volume 3. Still great, not much else to say there.

What, you mean the
Skulls? Fuck those guys. They're easy. I usually (always) have a rocket launcher on me. That thing is gonna make such quick work of them. And I'll let DD have their bones.

I somehow
defeated the skulls and the transport blew up randomly afterwards. I went and did some sidemissions, unlocked the last Fulton upgrade, snuck up behind them and extracted it without alerting anyone.

I somehow
defeated the skulls and the transport blew up randomly afterwards. I went and did some sidemissions, unlocked the last Fulton upgrade, snuck up behind them and extracted it without alerting anyone.

Yeah, I just unlocked the final Fulton upgrade. Gonna go back and replay some old missions at some point that required that for some of the optional objectives.

Boogiepop

Oh right, also, before I forget again: it's really silly the way that Power Girl apparently has (had?) a "secret identity" when her superhero appearance is literally just a different set of clothing. Like, even with Superman there's at least the glasses, alongside the whole change in posture and way he acts thing. Meanwhile PG looks and acts identical in and out of costume. And yeah, they did put in the joke/explanation of "well they're never looking at my face anyway", but yeah...

Oh well. Didn't ruin the book or anything, just made it a little hard to take the "oh man, someone figured out my secret identity!" plot point seriously.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Been reading Waid's Princess Leia.

This is pretty fun stuff, excited to read Lando next.

Question: how do Star Wars & Vader read month-to-month? I might make it part of my schedule in the run up to TFA.

Oh right, also, before I forget again: it's really silly the way that Power Girl apparently has (had?) a "secret identity" when her superhero appearance is literally just a different set of clothing. Like, even with Superman there's at least the glasses, alongside the whole change in posture and way he acts thing. Meanwhile PG looks and acts identical in and out of costume. And yeah, they did put in the joke/explanation of "well they're never looking at my face anyway", but yeah...

Hey, works for Black Cat.

Been reading Waid's Princess Leia.

This is pretty fun stuff, excited to read Lando next.

Question: how do Star Wars & Vader read month-to-month? I might make it part of my schedule in the run up to TFA.

I've been enjoying them month to month. The upcoming crossover Vader Down should be good too.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finished the second trade of Archer & Armstrong. Not really loving it, will probably skip the rest for now and circle back before reading Ivar. I do love the Geomancer and am excited to see that storyline continue in The Valiant.

I've been enjoying them month to month. The upcoming crossover Vader Down should be good too.

Yeah, when I heard that was gonna be a cross over I decided it was time to jump in.

Messi

Lois paint job.....ugh. Messi can you repost the picture you took of yours?

It's the hair isn't it? It's meant to be a gap but they painted it skincolour

6r3V9eE.jpeg

Owzers

It's the hair isn't it? It's meant to be a gap but they painted it skincolour

First thing that bugged me is the left side of her hair infront of her ear ( where our cool sideburns are). They didn't connect one hair part with black paint and decided to make some weird three lines thing instead of filling it in. The top of the base isn't painted right like my wonder woman sword, seems like they got a splotch of the wrong paint on top that is used on the side. The back of her black vest thing has some paint marks on it that might just be from not having it wrapped right and the white styrofoam came off on it. There is also a chip in the paint on the front of her right foot.

Pictures incoming....statues were a mistake.

First thing that bugged me is the left side of her hair infront of her ear ( where our cool sideburns are). They didn't connect one hair part with black paint and decided to make some weird three lines thing instead of filling it in. The top of the base isn't painted right like my wonder woman sword, seems like they got a splotch of the wrong paint on top that is used on the side. The back of her black vest thing has some paint marks on it that might just be from not having it wrapped right and the white styrofoam came off on it. There is also a chip in the paint on her foot.

Pictures incoming....statues were a mistake.

Her scary face is the main problem.

Owzers

I want statues....but paint stuff bothers me....so i'm rarely happy buying statues. Return/exchange debate begins, leaning towards one exchange.

Turns into a really good character in the Clone Wars.

That applies to nearly every single character present in both.

yaaaassss GO IN

@ales_kot: If you give comics work to Nathan Edmondson while knowing enough about his past actions, don't bother trying to get me. I will not.

@laurennmcc: Edmondson is an abusive creep, and @Marvel KNOWS he is. They have proof that he is. But they still hired him.

More of this sort of thing.

Which chars? Because there's a sect of SW fandom that goes all KYLE KATARN DONT COUNT, NO SUCH THING AS NEUTRAL FORCE USERS, and if the conversation goes towards that, yeaaaah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom