• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
Which chars? Because there's a sect of SW fandom that goes all KYLE KATARN DONT COUNT, NO SUCH THING AS NEUTRAL FORCE USERS, and if the conversation goes towards that, yeaaaah....
Who's Kyle Katarn?
Anyways, I felt that Greivous was a joke and that Maul was a sniveling baby when shocked by Sidious. I've heard compelling arguments regarding the latter, but it still didn't jive with me. I'm on my phone so I can't really make a long case about this.
Edit: Wait, Edmondson is writing Red Wolf?????!

Nudull

Banned
yaaaassss GO IN

"@ales_kot: If you give comics work to Nathan Edmondson while knowing enough about his past actions, don't bother trying to get me. I will not."
https://twitter.com/ales_kot/status/641340717000888320

"@laurennmcc: Edmondson is an abusive creep, and @Marvel KNOWS he is. They have proof that he is. But they still hired him."
https://twitter.com/laurennmcc/status/641326010097647617

HA

"@Nick_Hanover: I don't know. Maybe the next Axel-in-Charge at @CBR will be titled "Why I Continue to Give a Serial Predator Work"

https://twitter.com/nick_hanover/status/641341268996415488

Holy shit. We're looking at another Brian Wood situation?

Really glad I started ignoring his work.

anaron

What's this about Edmondson being a "predator" and an "abusive creep" now? All I heard was that he was your typical right wing conservative.
many of the victims are staying quiet for obvious reasons but those that are speaking out are all implying he's sexually assaulted and harassed a ton of women.

PZUjHTe.jpg

VZNkDLN.jpg

OxMNqNl.jpg

hraTqKP.jpg

LOL @ the preview for this week's issue of Section Eight:
Wonder Woman is being a royal b-word to Sixpack and the team, saying you'd have to be brain damaged to want to join their team. Then she gets hit in the head walking out, and when she wakes up she's brain damaged and incredibly eager to join the team.

Mudcrab

Wonder Woman is being a royal b-word to Sixpack and the team, saying you'd have to be brain damaged to want to join their team. Then she gets hit in the head walking out, and when she wakes up she's brain damaged and incredibly eager to join the team.

Based Ennis.

Nudull

Banned

...I see. >.>

I guffawed.

anaron

Anything concrete?
not directly, no, but these are industry writers and artists confirming the situation for the victims that are currently too scared to come forward due to getting fired or sued or having their names dragged.

as Nick_Hanover put it:

@Nick_Hanover: @PhilSandifer @ales_kot @laurennmcc "Unless the industry changes and victims feel safer about speaking up, these stories will never come out."

So World War Hulk is one of the most average action stories I've ever read. It had some cool spreads, but even for an action book it was rather boring. Also not exactly a fan of John Romita Jr.'s art in this book.

This was by far my favorite part of the book, though:
The Black Bolt scene really upset me. The reason I bought the book was because I'd heard that it had a sick Black Bolt vs. Hulk fight.

It was garbage.

So they're bringing Thunderbird and Banshee back?

Finally, the X-team we deserve:

Goldballs
Banshee
Thunderbird
Lifeguard
Domino
Neal Shaara a.k.a. Thunderbird II
Evan Sabahnur

Boogiepop

Wait a second, I'm confused. What exactly is that Batman Beyond trade that got added to IST this week? I thought Justice Lords Beyond was the end of all that up until the post Future's End reboot. Is this that, labelled as volume 3 to trick people into grabbing it?

So World War Hulk is one of the most average action stories I've ever read. It had some cool spreads, but even for an action book it was rather boring. Also not exactly a fan of John Romita Jr.'s art in this book.

This was by far my favorite part of the book, though:

The Black Bolt scene really upset me. The reason I bought the book was because I'd heard that it had a sick Black Bolt vs. Hulk fight.

It was garbage.

Absolutely loved the insight into Grimm's mind as he realizes that he'll have to wrassle tha hulk, tho. Was a very solid "definition of a hero" kind of moment.

Absolutely loved the insight into Grimm's mind as he realizes that he'll have to wrassle tha hulk, tho. Was a very solid "definition of a hero" kind of moment.

F'rreal. Ben's never been a character I'm fond of, but that was a fantastic moment. A "let's fucking go" moment.

Seriously, the "fight" with Black Bolt pissed me off.

The Edmondson stuff all comes off like this:

http://youtu.be/U6cake3bwnY

I'm sorry, but don't ask me to boycott someone and contribute to ruining their career if no one can say why, specifically. I'm happy to hear anyone out, but the info has to come before calls to boycott.

Wait a second, I'm confused. What exactly is that Batman Beyond trade that got added to IST this week? I thought Justice Lords Beyond was the end of all that up until the post Future's End reboot. Is this that, labelled as volume 3 to trick people into grabbing it?

Probably. DC did the same thing with that shitty hodge-podge of Batman issues called Volume 6.

anaron

I'm sorry, but don't ask me to boycott someone and contribute to ruining their career if no one can say why, specifically. I'm happy to hear anyone out, but the info has to come before calls to boycott.

Ales, Lauren, and Nick work in the industry so it seems odd to doubt them when they're sticking their necks out to get it out there.

it's a delicate process too because many of those victims could actively lose their jobs/be sued over this so bringing awareness to this at all is important for making the environment even somewhat safe for someone to comfortably come forward, which seems far more likely to happen now due to finally gaining some heat.

Victims of what, though? I literally have zero information on what he even did. I don't need a victim to come out and give me their name and their full story, but someone does need to say what he did if they want me to not give him my money.

I don't know that I've ever seen people being so deliberately vague and cryptic about something that is supposedly very serious.

anaron

Victims of what, though? I literally have zero information on what he even did. I don't need a victim to come out and give me their name and their full story, but someone does need to say what he did if they want me to not give him my money.

it's pretty obvious he's been sexually harassing
women

Hagi

It's nice to hear from someone who isn't as obnoxious as Kot for a change, even if it still is just a bunch of vague accusations.

Nudull

Banned

People have straight-up said that he was a predator. The industry has a history of shutting down people who name names, professionals especially. What more do you goddamn need?

People have straight-up said that he was a predator. The industry has a history of shutting down people who name names, professionals especially. What more do you goddamn need?

You to not get so angry when people ask for details.

The problem with the rise of social media is that people are super-quick to jump on the mob justice bandwagon without proof.

anaron

The problem with the rise of social media is that people are super-quick to jump on the mob justice bandwagon without proof.
how does one prove being sexually harassed or assaulted though if it's done in person and without anyone else around?

I'm not saying bandwagon outrage is the solution or anything but with additional industry folks coming forward about this guy's behaviour, I'd say it's probably true.

VanWinkle

I completely agree. There needs to be something more concrete, as everybody has their own definition of what someone does for it to be "harassment". General names being called at him don't help anything, and I'm certainly not just going to join the bandwagon because somebody says hes a predator without any more detail.

Nudull

Banned

And we get to the little problem where people ignore serious situations such as these whenever we have plenty of people who can speak out, but can't because of the industry their in and the shitty habits they harbor. Usually because they have the power to keep people silent and cast enough doubt in others to ignore it and let this shit continue. And this is not a new situation in the comics industry, either.

Come the hell on.

OUTRAGE I SAY

Why do I bother, sometimes.

how does one prove being sexually harassed or assaulted though if it's done in person and without anyone else around?

That does seem to be the trick of it. If he did these heinous things, I'm certainly not defending him. I'm just defending his right to defend himself in something other than the court of public opinion. Just because the criteria for a legal trial can't be met, it means it's perfectly okay to drag his name through the mud on the chance that people who won't come forward are telling the truth? I'm not saying they aren't telling the truth, mind you. They probably are. But you guys wanna hang him on what is legally referred to as hearsay.

I wasn't even strictly looking for proof. I didn't even know what the allegation was that might need to be proven. I literally did not even know that sexual harrassment and assault were what was being alleged. I don't necessarily have all the info that you guys have. The tweets I saw were being extremely vague and using terms that could mean 20 things to 20 people.

There are people on Twitter that consider hiring Frank Cho to be a sexual harrassment issue. Different people use vague terms to mean different things.

And we get to the little problem where people ignore serious situations such as these whenever we have plenty of people who can speak out, but can't because of the industry their in and the shitty habits they harbor. Usually because they have the power to keep people silent and cast enough doubt in others to ignore it and let this shit continue. And this is not a new situation in the comics industry, either.

Come the hell on.

It's a shit situation, I know that. But the fact of the matter is that what we're talking about here are rumors. Without names and specifics, that's all we have.

Hagi

Hopefully the other book Bendis is writing is Iron Pepper.

Looking forward to Shattered Empire tomorrow but going to have to wait till my physical copy comes through the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom