• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
Never read it. I've only read the first six or so issues of his Black Widow run. I only buy the issues when they go on sale because I'm only buying them for the Noto art.
I'd probably only advise to read the last two issues. That's enough to give you more than an idea of what that run was like.

And we get to the little problem where people ignore serious situations such as these whenever we have plenty of people who can speak out, but can't because of the industry their in and the shitty habits they harbor. Usually because they have the power to keep people silent and cast enough doubt in others to ignore it and let this shit continue. And this is not a new situation in the comics industry, either.

Come the hell on.

Why do I bother, sometimes.
I don't think it's too crazy to give pause before we just advocate go after people's careers. I don't know what is true because all I hear is vague notions of things that might be happening. Like for some they read this and immediately believe it and go to the boycott play. Is there any instance where you didn't believe a bad rumor of one of these creators you read? I see you go to the defense of the vague allocations everytime. Do you think they're batting 1000?

Hagi

I really like Edmonson's Punisher.

tumblr_nu9d47bbC91sfeeppo2_250.gif

I always suspected you were Donald Trump, Americas future commander in chief

Zombine

Banned
tumblr_nu9d47bbC91sfeeppo2_250.gif

I always suspected you were Donald Trump Americas future commander in chief

Who wants to be on the losing team with a bunch of losers? We should build a wall around them and make them pay for the bill.

I am very pro military though, my cousin (who is like my brother) is in special forces.

Hagi

Who wants to be on the losing team with a bunch of losers? We should build a wall around them and make them pay for the bill.

I am very pro military though, my cousin (who is like my brother) is in special forces.

You type a lot but all I read is CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA

I don't think it's too crazy to give pause before we just advocate go after people's careers. I don't know what is true because all I hear is vague notions of things that might be happening. Like for some they read this and immediately believe it and go to the boycott play. Is there any instance where you didn't believe a bad rumor of one of these creators you read? I see you go to the defense of the vague allocations everytime. Do you think they're batting 1000?
Iirc accusations of rape turn out false in maybe 5% of cases.

Not sure about sexual harassment or sexual assault that's not rape but in accusation of rape it would be .950

So really not an issue in my estimation

Iirc accusations of rape turn out false in maybe 5% of cases.

Not sure about sexual harassment or sexual assault that's not rape but in accusation of rape it would be .950

So really not an issue in my estimation
How did rape get into the conversation? That's a pretty big leap from "non-specific harrassment" to "rape".

This is why it's bad to talk too much about these things without actually knowing what we're talking about.

Zombine

Banned
This jives with the Millar fixation.

I believe it.

Can't a guy like a comic where
a tied up woman has her face exploded by a mental bullet but it turns out that she used her mental powers to make the assassin think it was her but he was really shooting the creepy butler?
This is what comics mean to me.

Nudull

Banned
How did rape get into the conversation? That's a pretty big leap from "non-specific harrassment" to "rape".

This is why it's bad to talk too much about these things without actually knowing what we're talking about.

You don't exactly hear people calling someone a predator, repeatedly, unless they did something.

You don't exactly hear people calling someone a predator, repeatedly, unless they did something.
I hear people on the internet saying all kinds of stuff.

I'm never going to agree that it's okay to assume that someone is a rapist when no one has even made that specific claim.

Same category of action

accusations of sexual assault and harassment are very often met with the same amount of disbelief as accusations of rape. It was only meant to bring a comparison into the discussion.

unless you dont believe rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment have much to do with each other

Son, don't start things with forces you don't fully comprehend.

Lunchpod, I eat shills like you for breakfast.

I AM THE ALPHA SHILL.

Same category of action

accusations of sexual assault and harassment are very often met with the same amount of disbelief as accusations of rape. It was only meant to bring a comparison into the discussion.

unless you dont believe rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment have much to do with each other

I mean... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Rape is founded on a need for control, rather than a desire for sexual gratification. Sometimes, harassment really is just some loser getting his (or her) disgusting kicks. Even if we do assume the same root impulse, which isn't a stretch at all I'll grant, he lowered severity and potency makes treating them identically problematic. I agree that we should be careful about disbelief, but the uphill battle is a part of the justice system, period.

Nudull

Banned
You don't think there is anything wrong with this statement?

I mean in the context of people making accounts on a person accused of sexual harassment or assault and having those same people all come to the same conclusion (like what's happened before and what's happening now). That should go without saying.

Same category of action

I think there's a world of difference between some of the wide variety of things that could accurately be described as sexual harrassment and rape.

That's all I care to discuss it until there's something specific to discuss. There's no sense in spending an hour debating generalities that may not have anything to do with the specifics of this real-life situation that none of us know anything about.

I got last week's IST order in today. Just the Last Days of American Crime HC and the Mad Max Fury Road Inspired Artists hardcover. LDoAC is an OHC, even taller than the standard Image Dlx HC. And it's full of glorious Greg Tocchini art. The Fury Road artbook is gorgeous too. Even despite my best Google Image Search efforts, there were a lot of pieces in the book I had yet to see.

anaron

I found it dull. Just like all his writing. He writes the least exciting action ever. It's impressive in a way. Even when what is happening should be really cool it just isn't. But great art so there's that.
pretty much. every issue was the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom