• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Man I'd watch the shit out of a well done anime marvel show or movie but pretty much all of them have not been good

All the Madhouse series have been utter shit which is kind of ridiculous. The Japanese kids toy Marvel show is better than anything I've seen in regards to Marvel animation since EMH.

Xis

Green Lantern sale on comixology! Is any of that worth a look?

Yes. The sale has the first 5-6 years of Geoff John's run on Green Lantern (plus the concurrent Green Lantern Corps series); it was hugely influential, and quite popular. Geoff brings back Hal Jordan, builds Sinestro up as a genuine threat, and introduces the various different color lantern corps. If you are interested, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the six issues of 'Green Lantern: Rebirth', and then the five issues of 'Green Lantern Corps: Recharge'; after that I'd highly recommend picking up the the main series through the Sinestro Corps War (probably the highlight of John's run) - you'd want the first 25 issues of Green Lantern, issues 14-16 of Green lantern Corps, and the two Sinestro Corps tie-ins.

The stuff after that is really good too, but some of the later stuff ties really heavily into Blackest Night, which isn't part of this sale.

Edit: I'm a lifelong Marvel guy, but I have the entirety of Geoff's GL run (+GLC, Emerald Warriors, Red Lanterns, Brightest Day, etc.) in trades on my bookshelf.

I like seeing all the fans that come out of comic gaf. Next thing you know there will be fans of those cartoon network comics I keep seeing!

Guys

Guys!

GUYS

My comic is up on Comixology now! woot woot

Its only 99 cents if youre into that sort of thing!

052a8796eb39f85f2644744bc795b470._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Stalk

Quiet week for Marvel this week, compared to the number of books out in prior weeks I feel at least. My email from my supplier came in and I only had Red Skull #3 on there!

What's the word on Descender, comicgaf? I need to be talked into this one.

Quiet week for Marvel this week, compared to the number of books out in prior weeks I feel at least. My email from my supplier came in and I only had Red Skull #3 on there!

I bought ten Marvel books this week.

ReAxion

Is Red Skull good? I was just looking at the list and forgot that was a book.

Interesting but slow.
Same.

The final issue of Unity will be....a comedy special?

UNITY #25 (FINAL ISSUE HUMOR SPECTACULAR!)
Written by MATT KINDT, JAMES ASMUS, DONNY CATES, JUSTIN JORDAN, ELLIOTT KALAN, DANIEL KIBBLESMITH, MICHAEL KUPPERMAN, ELIOT RAHAL, TIM SIEDELL, TOM SCHARPLING, TY TEMPLETON, and MORE
Art by MATT KINDT, KANO, MICHAEL KUPPERMAN, RAFER ROBERTS, TY TEMPLETON, and MORE
Cover A by KANO
Cover B by MATT KINDT
Cover C by FRED HEMBECK
Cover D by MICHAEL KUPPERMAN
$4.99 | 48 pgs. | T+ | COMING IN DECEMBER!

In the wake of BOOK OF DEATH, Valiant’s elite superteam is no more…and Valiant is recruiting a who’s who of all-star guests to bid them a fond farewell!

Valiant is proud to announce UNITY #25 – a super-sized, 48-page finale for Valiant’s best-selling superteam, starring X-O Manowar, Livewire, Ninjak, Bloodshot, Divinity, Faith, Quantum and Woody, the Death-Defying Dr. Mirage, and pretty much the whole darn Valiant Universe!

Arriving in December, the UNITY #25 final issue humor spectacular will feature stories and shorts from a colossal roster of Unity veterans and comics comedy VIPs, including Matt Kindt (DIVINITY), James Asmus (QUANTUM AND WOODY), Donny Cates & Eliot Rahal (The Paybacks), Elliott Kalan (The Daily Show), Kano (THE DELINQUENTS), Daniel Kibblesmith (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert), Michael Kupperman (Tales Designed to Thrizzle), Rafer Roberts (ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #25), Tim Siedell (The Nightly Show), and Ty Templeton (Batman Adventures) – plus the comic book debut of comedian and radio host Tom Scharpling (The Best Show)!

New York Times best-selling writer and Valiant superstar Matt Kindt presents the final chapter of his acclaimed two-year run on Valiant’s premier superteam…and then all-out chaos ensues as Valiant says goodbye and passes the reins to an all-star line-up of writers, artists, and humorists to chronicle the unusual, the offbeat, and the never-before-seen tales of the team that became a legend in their own time…the one and only Unity!

Think Bloodshot only joined the team long enough to fight the Armor Hunters? WRONG! Discover his newly declassified Unity missions! You saw Faith help Unity fight their opposite counterparts, The United… Now find out find out how else she assisted the team! Remember that time Quantum and Woody’s goat joined the most elite assemblage of heroes that the Valiant Universe has ever known? No, well it happened! WE PROMISE.

Featuring covers by Valiant superstar Kano (QUANTUM AND WOODY), multiple Eisner Award nominee Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT), legendary cartoonist Fred Hembeck (Marvel Age), and Eisner Award winner Michael Kupperman (Tales Designed to Thrizzle), the Valiant Universe’s most formidable team of heroes collides with a massive cast of comedy all-stars this winter in UNITY #25 – a 48-page free-for-all on sale in December!

Lunchbox, GET IN HERE!

Coincidentally I started reading through Johns run a few weeks ago, just finished this issue and it was really powerful, people say Johns doesn't understand Batman but I like the way he writes him just as much as Morrison's Batgod, I think Tomasi dipped into this side as well in his latest B&R run.

OFC It's hard for me to find a scan of this, but easy enough to find Batman punching Hal or Hal punching Batman because that's all people care about.
2733855-no_ring_for_bats.jpg

batmangreenlantern17.jpg

Owzers

That announcement is very Batsquirrelly. The last time i liked a Hellcat book was Immonen's miniseries. I didn't think much of her appearance in Soule's She-Hulk.

Ponn

Banned
Was Inhuman any good? Worth getting the HC for 50% off? There is a lot of trades and HC's on this months preorder and i'm having a tough time deciding what to get and stay within budget. I'm also considering just getting #1's of most of the relaunch titles then dropping them and sticking to the trades of the ones I liked.

Owzers

Enjoy your fun books with colorful artwork, i'm sure they will be great. Meanwhile i will be reading real comics with swearing and decapitations and everyone frowns.

Owzers

Rally against the Iran deal with Cruz, Trump, and Palin.

I wish i could be there at this historic event with the great leaders of our time.

Stalk

Hah fair play, I buy some digital only admittedly. Bought Spidey, Little AvX and Civil War that way. Trying to cut back on buying quite so many floppies due to space concerns D:

It's excellent. Today was the last issue so you can nab the whole story!

And I can also back up your comment here. From the cover and synopsis I was expecting some kind of Thunderbolts (pre-rulkabolts) style story but found something else entirely. Still really entertaining stuff.

And I can also back up your comment here. From the cover and synopsis I was expecting some kind of Thunderbolts (pre-rulkabolts) style story but found something else entirely. Still really entertaining stuff.

Yeah it's almost more of a
Magneto
book than a Red Skull book. It defied my expectations at every turn and I loved the ride.

Owzers

watching the apple event stream, ipad time folks. Ipad pro time folks. Get to the prices and screen quality.

i'm still worried about MU resolution on that big of a screen.

Owzers

i'm worried the ipad pro will be too big for everything but comics thus making me want to keep my ipad air 2. Do i need 12.9'' of GAF in my hands?

edit: I presume the ipad pro will also vibrate from the speakers

Owzers

Aaah so awesome. Just imagining Sandman overture on this bad boy. *drools*

Haha man how bad will MU comics look

I presume bad.

Apple Pencil for the ipad pro, i prefer using a real pencil on my ipad, everything i draw on it stays permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom