• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but I could buy like 20 different Absolute books for the price of the Ipad Pro. And they would look pretty on my shelf.

20 books that DC will drip feed to you over 50 years, charging you $125 for each.

Now you can have an Absolute Doom Patrol or Absolute Usagi Yojimbo or Absolute Thor, and pay just $1 an issue (if you wait for a CMX sale).

[I am conveniently ignoring the $4999 the iPad Pro will cost, of course]

I am in your camp though. I don't see my self moving to digital anytime soon but this is absolutely a great option for digital comic readers.

Fake Edit: 32GB for $799. $99 more for stylus. $160 more for keyboard.

Haha I mentioned my silly idea of a super sized tablet for comics and now it's here. I think I'll wait until next year. I like to get the second editions of their products. And I'm happy with my air 2

Phantom Pain sure does give Ubisoft Game: The Game a run for its money on the grindy collectables regard.

Next Splinter Cell will prolly straight lift this approach to stealth games, tho. "whaddayamean we dont even have to bother developing a city and can just dump the player in the middle of a freaking desert for 40 hours?"

lovin the line weight variation around those eyes, man
Thanks, man! I swear Im an OK inker when I give a shit which usually happens on covers haha

will cop for sure
Bought!

Along with Deadly Class and Injection, that will be all for today.
Awesome!
I liked it, let me know when part 2 is out

Thank you people! I think Ill now have enough money for a Twix bar :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Been so distracted lately with way too much shit in my life, so I haven't really had time to read or post in the thread or read any comics.

I miss you guys. :(

I've also been watching a bunch of Mr. Robot. Just a couple more episodes til I'm done with the first season. It's really good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Been so distracted lately with way too much shit in my life, so I haven't really had time to read or post in the thread or read any comics.

I miss you guys. :(

I've also been watching a bunch of Mr. Robot. Just a couple more episodes til I'm done with the first season. It's really good.

Your job?

You guys have to wish me luck for tomorrow. Will have a interview for a fixed contract

Tizoc

Yay my
One punch man vol 1+2
Capcom Tribute
Chris Priest B. Panther Vol. 1

books all arrived! THAT TRIBUTE BOOK IS HUGE.

Owzers

Yay my
One punch man vol 1+2
Capcom Tribute
Chris Priest B. Panther Vol. 1

books all arrived! THAT TRIBUTE BOOK IS HUGE.

I think i'd be angry if i ordered books and they sneaked manga into the shipment.

I don't like the rose gold finish for the new iphone. Weird.

One way to scare your neighbours. Plant this on their lawn.

joker2-social-625x326.jpg

You guys have to wish me luck for tomorrow. Will have a interview for a fixed contract

Good luck!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Your job?

Yeah, most of it having to do with my job. Mainly my anxiety has been crazy lately. Mental health in general right now is pretty awful.

Oh, and I was also busy all weekend because my friend's wedding (yes, THAT friend) happened. Lol

Anyways, good luck on your interview! I wish you the best.

I'll let this, this, and this help you out.

Err...look, based on what I see there it's safe to say that she's not perfect, but I see nothing there that does anything to indicate she's some awful person on queer issues. Hell, with only the context given in the link I'd say that the second link comes off worse for the tumblr page. Of those three links and the links from the first link (link link link link) I'd say that the "lady parts" thing and the fat shaming are problematic whereas the complaints about the bisexual comic are kind of utterly bizarre and overdone. And honestly, if those are the worst examples in regards to her actions then she comes across to me as someone that needs to do some moderate reevaluating of some of her thinking but who is otherwise in a pretty decent place.

I'll admit that some of this reaction is because I've gotten sick and tired of all the factionalism and infighting within social justice (queer and otherwise) movements over minor perceived imperfections (as opposed to cases where people really do have major issues) that result in preventing cohesion and action.

Squire

Banned
Err...look, based on what I see there it's safe to say that she's not perfect, but I see nothing there that does anything to indicate she's some awful person on queer issues. Hell, with only the context given in the link I'd say that the second link comes off worse for the tumblr page. Of those three links and the links from the first link (link link link link) I'd say that the "lady parts" thing and the fat shaming are problematic whereas the complaints about the bisexual comic are kind of utterly bizarre and overdone. And honestly, if those are the worst examples in regards to her actions then she comes across to me as someone that needs to do some moderate reevaluating of some of her thinking but who is otherwise in a pretty decent place.

I'll admit that some of this reaction is because I've gotten sick and tired of all the factionalism and infighting within social justice (queer and otherwise) movements over minor perceived imperfections (as opposed to cases where people really do have major issues) that result in preventing cohesion and action.

There's definitely a certain segment of folk that are a little.... tightly wound.

Was poking around the Worf Effect page on TvTropes 'cause of that OT thread, and thought you guys might find this funny:

The Silver Surfer is one of the most powerful beings alive. He has thrown energy blasts that have staggered Galactus, a man in a crazy hat who eats planets. He has taken hits from said man in crazy hat and lived. He's taken hits that would liquefy Earth and given them right back. This is why whenever a new cosmic menace is introduced, generally the very first thing that happens is someone pitches Silver Surfer in through a window.

PsychBat!

Banned
Christ, that video. Ugh.
Her comments weren't offensive to me (even though I'm the target she was aiming at). But her "comedy" was atrocious. She tried waaaaaay too hard and the jumpcuts were all over the place. I lasted a minute.

Her comments are awful though.

Owzers

ipad pro is 1.57 pounds, that might be more weight than i want to for holding while reading comics. But hugeeeee! Unsure..

I like seeing all the fans that come out of comic gaf. Next thing you know there will be fans of those cartoon network comics I keep seeing!
Now if only we had more people who were brand-new to comics entirely pop-up here we'd be golden.
Was Inhuman any good? Worth getting the HC for 50% off? There is a lot of trades and HC's on this months preorder and i'm having a tough time deciding what to get and stay within budget. I'm also considering just getting #1's of most of the relaunch titles then dropping them and sticking to the trades of the ones I liked.

It was super good. One of my favorite books.

Sadist

Yay comics!

Trip to the comicbook store got me volume 4 of Hickman's New Avengers and Renew Your Vows #5. It was a good day. (still have a good buzz from yesterday's U2 concert).

Oh btw, I have code for digital Renew your vows #5. First one to quote me gets it.

We get them all the time. Problem is that nine times outta ten their posts start with "so, i was thinking of reading (millar's) Civil War..."

At least it's not Age of Ultron, although new readers may not be able to handle the sheer excitement of Captain America sitting down and then slowly standing up.

Bendis' Uncanny X-Men continues to be enjoyable with volume 2, "Broken." My only issue is that I wish we'd get more insight into what it means exactly that their powers are broken. Like, I get that they don't have control, but...I dunno, feels too vague to me, for some reason. Can't put my finger on it.

That being said, the art and the action is good. The team dynamic is good, though I'm getting tired of Goldballs' attitude. It seems like he'll improve with his newly found resolve, though. And finally WHY WON'T SHIELD JUST SAY THEY DIDN'T SEND THE SENTINELS!?

Like damn Maria, I know you're stubborn but shit there is a point...Like, what is Dazzler supposed to accomplish? Just a very stupid move on her part, I feel.

Anyways I'm very behind of course, so talking about this as if it's ongoing isn't really relevant anymore, but alas it is what it is.

At least it's not Age of Ultron, although new readers may not be able to handle the sheer excitement of Captain America sitting down and then slowly standing up.

Best thing about Secret Wars is that now we can redirect them to the good versions of those events.
"bu bu bu this says Age of Ultron vs Zombies..."
*yerp, that's the one. Have fun*

We get them all the time. Problem is that nine times outta ten their posts start with "so, i was thinking of reading (millar's) Civil War..."

That's a good point. Although, everyone should be allowed to make that first mistake. I tried getting back into comics years ago and thought a good story to pick up was Ultimatum.

Naturally I make much better decisions now.

The only thing good about that event is the scumbag tactics.

Beyond that it is not only convoluted, but also boring as hell.

assume the omnibus position

Will Apple now claim to have invented the omnibus position? Someone tell Kipp to lawyer up.

Best thing about Secret Wars is that now we can redirect them to the good versions of those events.
"bu bu bu this says Age of Ultron vs Zombies..."
*yerp, that's the one. Have fun*

I....never thought of it that way. Genius!

Was Age of Ultron vs. Zombies actually good? It was on my longlist of Secret Wars books, but didn't make the cut.

Also, the first comic I read after my break was Siege, but that's because I quit after Secret Invasion and I just wanted to see Osborn and his Dark Avengers get the shit beat out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom