• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Renew your vows #5

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Felt like a bit of a wet fart at the end of an otherwise decent run. Don't know what I was expecting, it'd be nice to see them again but at the same time not sure how I feel about Annie. Idea was nice but execution wasn't great.
I kinda expected the ending actually. I thought it was sweet.

After having it sit around for a couple months I've finally started Strangers in Paradise. About a third of the way through the first omnibus volume and I really didn't want to stop to go to bed last night. My only complaint is that reading paperback books that thick is probably worse than reading a similar thickness OHC.

After having it sit around for a couple months I've finally started Strangers in Paradise. About a third of the way through the first omnibus volume and I really didn't want to stop to go to bed last night. My only complaint is that reading paperback books that thick is probably worse than reading a similar thickness OHC.
Only thing more unreadable than a 1200 pg omni is paperback compendium. SiP is really great. Glad you are liking it. It has been a long time since I've read it so I can't say much more about it.
Sorry for the late reply but I've been thinking more about this. Can you go into some detail about what it was that Ultimates did that was different at the time? I'm currently reading The Long Halloween (from '96) and it's doing more interesting layouts and panels than Ultimates, and even if I look at Batman Year One from the late 80s side by side with Ultimates, the page layouts are remarkably similar.

I just want a little more clarity on the matter. Loved Ultimates, btw. Nothing against it at all.
I'll have to get back to you on this. I don't have my copies of ultimates handy for comparisons but I'll give it a shot later. Is that cool?

Fair warning: it may take a while. I've been super busy with stuff but I'll definitely try to give you a good explanation on why I think Ultimates has such effective paneling and composition.

Owzers

my ipad air 2 is discolored on the left side edge of the aluminum where the smart cover attaches on, like it got heated. I don't know how it happened and it bugs me. I blame Messi. I was playing hearthstone outside one day and it got a heat warning, maybe it got hot enough to fade the aluminum in spots....

Or maybe Messi.

I think I should paint it.

Messi

my ipad air 2 is discolored on the left side edge of the aluminum where the smart cover attaches on, like it got heated. I don't know how it happened and it bugs me. I blame Messi. I was playing hearthstone outside one day and it got a heat warning, maybe it got hot enough to fade the aluminum in spots....

Or maybe Messi.

I think I should paint it.

It's totally my fault. I will now leave this community. I am sorry.

MG310

Looks like they're going all David Mack with the opening credits for Jessica Jones.

Metal Gear: The real Phantom Pain is that they gave me this tiny dog and no way to pet it...or play fetch with it by throwing magazines...or teach him how to roll over by doing the Martin Riggs roll across Mother Base.

Messi

As opposed to the previous Alias TV show?

tumblr_nlimrubnk81r5xzspo1_250.gif

More accountable than the person I'm voting for president.

Trump?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hnnng. Just got to the Morrison/Lloyd issues of Hellblazer. David Lloyd's art (both his pencils and his coloring) is just stunning.

Has he done anything worth reading besides Hellblazer and V for Vendetta?
Speaking of V for Vendetta, it's one of the first comics I ever bought and I still haven't read it... AND the movie is one of my all-time favorites. Lol.

Grant Morrison's New X-Men...I like it, but I'm not really digging the art. At least not Quietly's. I like Van Sciver. I'm also not a fan of some of the characterizations. Mostly Logan. He's like the gross, scummy drunk dude you see at every bar, only he meditates.

It's weird, is what I'm saying. Very weird.

I wish it was drawn by Joe Mad.
I'll probably cave and vote for Hillary :/

Need those girly shenanigans in your government?

Eagerly await the future announcement that floppy sales are down because peoples just dont buy like they used to, it's out of our hands, really, so we gotta cancel more series.

Grant Morrison's New X-Men...I like it, but I'm not really digging the art. At least not Quietly's. I like Van Sciver. I'm also not a fan of some of the characterizations. Mostly Logan. He's like the gross, scummy drunk dude you see at every bar, only he meditates.

It's weird, is what I'm saying. Very weird.

I wish it was drawn by Joe Mad.

Need those girly shenanigans in your government?

You'll be asking for Quitely back once you hit the Kordey issues.

Still haven't gotten past those Kordey issues

E the Shaggy

Renew your vows #5

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Felt like a bit of a wet fart at the end of an otherwise decent run. Don't know what I was expecting, it'd be nice to see them again but at the same time not sure how I feel about Annie. Idea was nice but execution wasn't great.

"ONLY A QUARTER?"

That shit was ridiculous.

I'm kinda trying to find data on how much 2000ad sells but having little success. Any ideas?

I mean, we all know that manga sells a truckload more than comix. Wanna see if the jump/ad "lets shove a buncha ips in the same book weekly" success ain't limited just to japan.

Eagerly await the future announcement that floppy sales are down because peoples just dont buy like they used to, it's out of our hands, really, so we gotta cancel more series.

Don't forget upping the price to $6.99 for 22ish content page. I mean, they'll need to make up for the lower sales somehow, right?

I'm kinda trying to find data on how much 2000ad sells but having little success. Any ideas?

I mean, we all know that manga sells a truckload more than comix. Wanna see if the jump/ad "lets shove a buncha ips in the same book weekly" success ain't limited just to japan.

2000AD has no adverts, so it's not required to reveal circulation. Last count was around 30K, IIRC, but that was over 10 years ago when it was still in the DC Thompson family. Considering it was cheaper for Rebellion to buy the franchise outright than it was to get a Dredd license for a game, I imagine it's not making vast amounts of money.

I'm not reading to much of the Secret Wars books but it seems odd that in the last 2 issues of Renew Your Vows they established
that the Parkers and the rest of the inhabitants seem to have no concept of God-King Doom. Especially based on how high profile both him and the Thors are in the other domains I've seen.

Overall I enjoyed it, even if it was a bit throwaway and felt a bit fan-servicey putting Peter and M.J back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom