• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it for Harley. All regular and variant covers and digital.
200w.gif

I understand variants more tho

You'll be asking for Quitely back once you hit the Kordey issues.

Still haven't gotten past those Kordey issues
We'll see. It's not that Quitely's art is bad, but his faces and the way he draws Scott's head...yeeesh
And the load times.

And the pisspoor Guided View.

And the confusing organizational structure.

Really, if MU wasn't such an incredible value, it'd be such a shit service.

It's a good value because they pay a 12 year old with basic programming knowledge minimum wage to maintain and develop it.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Still working my way through Daredevil. I've just started hitting the Miller-age stuff and it is a WORLD of difference between the first 11 issues and these.

The first 11 I had to force myself to read with a mind towards their historical significance, but these later ones are legitimately good and flow much more like a modern comic.

Those first issues took a while to read. They were very slow-moving. That sort of shocked me. These newer ones have a lot of action and pep though and I'm really enjoying Miller's penciling work. My comics experience is small but it seems very unique.

Also, I'm totally stoked for Aaron's Doctor Strange as well. I really loved his Ghost Rider, and I've really enjoyed all the Strange stuff that you guys recommended.

MU is a tremendous value but one of the buggiest turds I've ever run across. I got my brother a tablet for his birthday so he could get into digital comics and I know he's downloaded MU and might subscribe. I can't wait for the first text where he's like "Why the fuck is the issue I'm reading now a sample issue?!". Luckily it finally dawned on me that you need to delete any issue doing that, re-enable it for offline reading, and then wait/hope it downloads. For some reason I find when that happens it might take a while before it actually does. This happens to me every day, multiple times.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Today arrived my Batman and the Black Glove book. Turns out, its a standard size hardcover and Amazon wrote a wrong booksize on the page.

Fml -,-

new Harley Quinn team up book

Harley Quinn is kicking butt and taking names.

DC Entertainment is excited to announce the sensational debut of a brand-new, bimonthly, overstuffed, oversized team-up series! We’re calling it HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK. (#HarleysLittleBlackBook)

While in the midst of her fantastic 6-issue team-up with Power Girl (concludes November 2015), Harley is gearing up to meet (and almost certainly annoy) the greatest heroes and villains of the DC Universe!

First up: The incredible Wonder Woman! Written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti with art by Amanda Conner (and a bunch of people who owe her favors), HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #1 hits shelves on December 2, 2015.

But that’s just the tip of this Arkham-sized iceberg! HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK will also tie into DC Entertainment’s ongoing monthly themed variant cover program with variants for 10 of DC Comics’ most popular titles. December’s variant cover theme will be HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK, illustrated by a murderer’s row of the industry’s most talented artists. This unprecedented collection of comics will feature more than one open-to-order variant cover per title, all of which will be shipped in opaque black polybags.

For now, we’re going to let the artists themselves steal the show. But rest assured, Harley won’t let the spotlight off of herself for long!
COkIyvTWoAED8yV.jpg

Messi

CONNER BACK ON INTERIORS?

What a time to be alive.

One issue it seems and it implies it's not only her. The 0 thing is probably the best indication of their intent.

Can someone explain the variant cover thing. I am trying to understand it :(

Get Sejic to draw an issue pls.

This unprecedented collection of comics will feature more than one open-to-order variant cover per title, all of which will be shipped in opaque black polybags.

lol. Blind-boxed variants. Was the obvious progression I guess.

2000AD has no adverts, so it's not required to reveal circulation. Last count was around 30K, IIRC, but that was over 10 years ago when it was still in the DC Thompson family. Considering it was cheaper for Rebellion to buy the franchise outright than it was to get a Dredd license for a game, I imagine it's not making vast amounts of money.

What? That's why it's under Rebellion now? "well, we really wanted to do that dredd vs death game.."? Brb chortling

Busaiku

I got 2 copies of Ms. Marvel cause I started out getting it digitally, but then I got it physically and OCD kicked in.

I get all the covers for Wayward and Jem & The Holograms though.
Even additional printings, digital, and collected editions.

This isn't fun? Do you hate fun?
"Oh, that wacky Harley! She's wearing Wonder Woman's costume, only it doesn't fit because she's so petite and she has to hold it up to keep from exposing herself. So saucy! And look at Wonder Woman! She's forced to wear Harley Quinn's costume as a result, only because she's so much bigger and more well-endowed she's practically spilling out of it. Try not to stare, fellas! And look at how exasperated she is, to be putting up with all this! Those raised eyebrows! That eyeroll! Oh, that Harley!"

Better?

Messi

"Oh, that wacky Harley! She's wearing Wonder Woman's costume, only it doesn't fit because she's so petite and she has to hold it up to keep from exposing herself. So saucy! And look at Wonder Woman! She's forced to wear Harley Quinn's costume as a result, only because she's so much bigger and more well-endowed she's practically spilling out of it. Try not to stare, fellas! And look at how exasperated she is, to be putting up with all this! Those raised eyebrows! That eyeroll! Oh, that Harley!"

Better?

Wet blanket

Sadist

I'm not reading to much of the Secret Wars books but it seems odd that in the last 2 issues of Renew Your Vows they established
that the Parkers and the rest of the inhabitants seem to have no concept of God-King Doom. Especially based on how high profile both him and the Thors are in the other domains I've seen.

Overall I enjoyed it, even if it was a bit throwaway and felt a bit fan-servicey putting Peter and M.J back together.
"Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot". "God that never gets old"

It's cheesy, it's sweet, I just liked it. As far as Slott goes, this is one of his better stories for the past couple of years.

Same. I haven't read much Dr Strange but I thought he was great during Hickman's run. Picking up the first issue at least.
Plus it has Bachalo art. Love the guy.

"Rocket Raccoon & Groot" Return with New Marvel Series From Young & Andrade

Rocket-Raccoon-and-Groot-1-Cover-74350.jpg

After headlining their own respective books, fan-favorite Guardians of the Galaxy duo Rocket Raccoon and Groot are back together -- in a new Marvel Comics series appropriately titled "Rocket Raccoon and Groot." Announced Thursday on Marvel.com, the series is set to debut in December and will be helmed by writer Skottie Young and artist Filipe Andrade.

Of course, Young is coming off an 11-issue stint as the writer and frequent artist of a "Rocket Raccoon" solo series. Andrade drew two issues (#7 and #8) of that book. For "Rocket Raccoon and Groot," Young told Marvel.com he's planning to focus on shorter story arcs.

"The first time around, I started ['Rocket Raccoon'] out with a four-issue story arc; I enjoyed doing that but also felt antsy to tell more stories," Young said. "So after I finished the original story arc, I started writing more one and two-shots. I loved diving into new tales with each issue and really letting Rocket have some fun out in the galaxy. This time around, I'll be sticking with that formula the whole time -- really just leaning into the shorter stories."

Young said he's not ruling out contributing to the interior art of this series, but acknowledge he's currently got a full slate. "I have a lot on my plate right now, one of those things being a newborn baby boy, so I’m trying to keep a balance. Right now I'm just going to be focus on trying to live up to Filipe and make sure he's happy working on this book with me."

The first arc is described by editor Jake Thomas a riff on "Memento" and "Prison Break," with Rocket Raccoon in place at the head of a crime empire -- but no memory as to how that came to be, and symbols carved onto Groot serving as his clues. "Rocket Raccoon and Groot" is scheduled to debut from Marvel in December.

This seems like a no-brainer for Marvel, really. Still, should be good.

*braces for more Guardians of Infinity jokes*

ReAxion

Don't those always take funds from your account regardless of whether you use them as credit or debit? I have both kinds! >:D

yeah. There used to be a delay in when a cc purchase would transact, and debit would be instant, but now I think they're both instant, the only difference being I sign a receipt or enter my PIN.

Just posting to stop a potential quadruple post lol

If only there were a professional circuit for Connect Four.

fffuckkkkkkkkk

how do i go about buying one of these "statues" yall go on about

Well, you go to this here website, and be willing to pay $220 when it drops in the Spring of 2016. The fine art series isn't like most of their PVC statues. These things are resin, thus the price.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Well, you go to this here website, and be willing to pay $220 when it drops in the Spring of 2016. The fine art series isn't like most of their PVC statues. These things are resin, thus the price.

OK perfect

when you say "thus the price" does that mean $220 is relatively high or relatively low? i have no frame of reference for these things.

last thing i need to do is figure out if this thing is going to make me look like a crazy person in the office

There probably is. Board game people are crazy.

I spent an hour sorting my board games today. =(

In my defense, I was very bored and I'm still queasy from my stomach bug, so I can barely play videogames. I did spend some time with Mad Max today, it's still good you guys.

OK perfect

when you say "thus the price" does that mean $220 is relatively high or relatively low? i have no frame of reference for these things.

Nah, I meant in regards to PVC statues, which generally range from about $80-$120 for a 1/6 scale. $200 is perfectly reasonable in the world of 1/6 scale resin pieces. This beauty is about the same price:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom