• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
Okay there are some weirdos in the world that eat pizza with fork and knife ;)

What about hot dogs? Anyone here eat that with fork and knife?

Messi

Chip rolls for lyfe m8

I'm down with that as long as it is a real baguette and not that fake shit Coriolanus was pushing a few days ago yuck.

Holy fuck Deadly Class #16. I need more now and you tell me I have to wait until December. Damn. That issue was one glorious train wreck. I couldn't believe some of the stuff. Oh and the
herpes joke was amazing. The entire scene where he was creating this whole life with her in his head had me rolling and then he said they would have herpes kids and then the other shoe falls and he realizes how stupid that sounds.

Oh and Remender just posted this

Tonight at 9 pacific @comiXology is having a big sale on my @ImageComics work. 99 cent single issues, up to 60% off digital trades.

Sou Da

i don't read comic books with my hands either.

I'm down with that as long as it is a real baguette and not that fake shit Coriolanus was pushing a few days ago yuck.

Holy fuck Deadly Class #16. I need more now and you tell me I have to wait until December. Damn. That issue was one glorious train wreck. I couldn't believe some of the stuff. Oh and the
herpes joke was amazing. The entire scene where he was creating this whole life with her in his head had me rolling and then he said they would have herpes kids and then the other shoe falls and he realizes how stupid that sounds.

Two of these avatars now? What is going on over here.

Hagi

Chips...in a baguette...what strange dimension are you from Messi

I'm waiting for volume 3 of Deadly Class everything sounds so good

Hagi

So irrelevant she is on a HBO show this season? That's generally how it works right?

Such is the power of the Messi monkey combo. You should feel proud she's finally made the big time.

she's looking hot in Vinyl I'll watch anything Terrence Winter does after Boardwalk

VanWinkle

I'd love to dip my feet into Geoff John's Green Lantern run, but I'm so overwhelmed. Three omnibi encompassing about 4000 pages. I can't even afford one omnibus. And I don't want to buy like twenty volumes (if the run is even all available in graphic novel form).

I guess, what I'm asking is, is Geoff John's run one huge epic story, or are there a bunch of stories in it where I can just buy some random books and not feel lost?

Hagi

I'd love to dip my feet into Geoff John's Green Lantern run, but I'm so overwhelmed. Three omnibi encompassing about 4000 pages. I can't even afford one omnibus. And I don't want to buy like twenty volumes (if the run is even all available in graphic novel form).

I guess, what I'm asking is, is Geoff John's run one huge epic story, or are there a bunch of stories in it where I can just buy some random books and not feel lost?

eh you could read the Sinestro Corps War that works pretty well standalone.

VanWinkle

eh you could read the Sinestro Corps War that works pretty well standalone.

I just saw that Geoff Johns writes the New 52 GL volumes 1 through 3. Are those good? I love how easy it is to follow New 52 since they just put things in Volume numbers.

As a newcomer to this thread I am glad to have finally stumbled upon a facet of Neogaf that will most surely awaken my long dormant inner nerd.

Ponn

Banned

Sinestro Wars is a great place to start and fine standalone. Then try to get Rebirth after or before if possible.

Fingers crossed for deadly class sale

Vinyl, and possibly

tumblr_mqw2d2ioje1r4ll8p1l.gif

Messi

Seriously, though. What show is she going to be on? And more importantly, will she be nude in this show?

Vinyl

She is the wife of the main character. She is one of the leads. I'm willing to bet given a great script like she is likely to get here she will knock it out of the park. She is a great dramatic actor given the chance.

So the first arc of Injection ended with this week's issue. Some thoughts:

-Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire are still an amazing team.
-I was kind of expecting a big finale at the end of each arc but it was mostly still world building and a proper explanation of what the Injection is.
-Probably the best fight (comic) scene of the year in issue 2
-The end of issue 4 was great
-Characters are interesting but some of them weren't featured enough
BE6OQPy.jpg

Last thoughts: Incredible artwork and has a lot of potential

Messi

So the first arc of Injection ended with this week's issue. Some thoughts:

-Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire are still an amazing team.
-I was kind of expecting a big finale at the end of each arc but it was mostly still world building and a proper explanation of what the Injection is.
-Probably the best fight (comic) scene of the year in issue 2
-The end of issue 4 was great
-Characters are interesting but some of them weren't featured enough
BE6OQPy.jpg

Last thoughts: Incredible artwork and has a lot of potential

Declan and Jordie shop in the same store as me. They are gonna sign the trades there and sell them off the shelf. I have the #1 variant signed by both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom