• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
Jy1WUY6.gif

tumblr_njx4yvVrt51tpri36o1_500.gif

Ponn

Banned
Um, so I think I went overboard on my IST and DCBS orders. Since I was getting back into comics I was trying to collect all the trades and HC's i've loaned to friends over the years to see what I had. Some I was surprised I had like the HC versions of the Annihilation Conquests and some I was sure I had that they said they couldn't find like my Sinestro Corps War HC's. Anyways because of lack of space and not wanting to get into collecting boxes of floppies i've been concentrating on trades and HC's and well, yea, this is my purchase list of shame over the last month

Absolute Sandman 1 and 2
Absolute Sinestro Corps War
Fables Deluxe vol 1 and 2
Invincible Compendium 1 and 2
Lazarus vol 1
Saga vol 1
Wytches vol 1
Secret Wars HC
Old Man Logan battlezones tpb
Weirdworld tpb
Spider-Gwen vol 0
Superman Secret Identy deluxe hc
Autumlands vol 1
Black Science premium HC
Inhuman HC

Yea so i'm going to have some reading over the next couple months. I know its blasphemy but I have yet to read any Sandman so I think i'm going to start there.

does anybody know what's the best way to get my hands on a copy of the omega men preview they gave out at free comic book day

i'm writing an essay on it (srs)

Okay, wow. I'm back on the WicDiv train. New issue was good, and we finally got some answers.
Also the revelation that Woden is a GIANT FUCKING ASSHOLE. And who is this mysterious new girl Woden? Is she the other half of this bizarro asshole-ish Daft Punk?
. Really good issue, though.

VanWinkle

Can somebody give me some clarity on matters relating to the identity of the villain "Holiday" in Batman: The Long Halloween?

Was it Dent's wife? Or The Roman's son? Or both had the same idea? Or The Roman's son did it at first and then Den'ts wife did some of it?
There was a lot of info pushed out at the end, and I'm sure if I read it again I'd understand a little more, but I'm a little confused.

Owzers

i misread the post about the sale earlier and thought it was going to be a large Image sale and not juts Remender, was hoping/thinking of Rat Queens going on sale.

Can somebody give me some clarity on matters relating to the identity of the villain "Holiday" in Batman: The Long Halloween?

Was it Dent's wife? Or The Roman's son? Or both had the same idea? Or The Roman's son did it at first and then Den'ts wife did some of it?
There was a lot of info pushed out at the end, and I'm sure if I read it again I'd understand a little more, but I'm a little confused.

That night Gordon, at Batman’s request, moves Maroni to a new cell. Holiday surfaces to shoot Maroni twice in the head during the prisoner transfer, and his bodyguard several times in the chest. Holiday turns his gun on Gordon, who discovers Holiday's true identity is Alberto Falcone, who faked his own death. The bodyguard, who was really Batman, beats Alberto so severely it almost kills him, but Gordon stops him. Alberto is placed under arrest and jailed.

from wikipedia.

it's been like two years but wiki says
dent's wife started it and then dent himself continued the killings, and the roman's son is just lying about it

edit look a few paragraphs lower coriolanus^

VanWinkle

That night Gordon, at Batman’s request, moves Maroni to a new cell. Holiday surfaces to shoot Maroni twice in the head during the prisoner transfer, and his bodyguard several times in the chest. Holiday turns his gun on Gordon, who discovers Holiday's true identity is Alberto Falcone, who faked his own death. The bodyguard, who was really Batman, beats Alberto so severely it almost kills him, but Gordon stops him. Alberto is placed under arrest and jailed.

from wikipedia.

Read the last paragraph of that plot section on the wikipedia entry, though.

it's been like two years but wiki says
dent's wife started it and then dent himself continued the killings, and the roman's son is just lying about it

edit look a few paragraphs lower coriolanus^

Yeah I just read that and it makes things a little clearer. I'm just wondering, then,
what, if any, role Roman's son played in any of it. He DID fake his death. We know that much. Maybe the coroner was the only one he killed (since he would have had motive to have killed him, who presumably knew that Roman's son wasn't dead)?

I also wonder what motive Dent would have had to start killing starting with New Year's Day, since his transformation to Two Face hadn't happened yet.

Comixology is also running a New Warriors sale

I liked the recent run by Yost but it was unfortunately cancelled quickly so it has kind of a bleh ending. Still, even if it takes some time to get going the dialogue itself is really fun. It also has Kaine and Aracely who need to have their own ongoing but don't.

Yeah I just read that and it makes things a little clearer. I'm just wonderingm, then,
what, if any, role Roman's son played in any of it. He DID fake his death. We know that much. Maybe the coroner was the only one he killed (since he would have had motive to have killed him, who presumably knew that Roman's son wasn't dead)?

Batman wiki does a better job of structuring the whole deal.

Having never read that arc, seems like a case of the writer throwing too many red herrings and failing to reel them in properly, resulting in some plot holes.

Did somebody say Remender sale?!!!?!

Damn don't know whether to grab the black science OHC or this. Hmmmmmm.

Strange Girl and Low are a go.

Crawl Space, Y/N?

Red Hood/Arsenal. Is it any good?
5IInmTs.jpg

I just saw this cover and it's awesome. Has me curious to check out the book.

it's very meh. the best way i think i can put it is that it tries very hard to be funny but falls flat 90% of the time. it doesn't have the biggest problem red hood & the outlaws had (where having those three heroes together as a team never really made any sense) but it has everything else that line had in terms of problems.

Squire

Banned
I'll get DC Vol. 2 and Low (once the site actually lets me check out...)

Everyone that buys digital should post their number of Unread books. I wanna see.

Yousefb

it's very meh. the best way i think i can put it is that it tries very hard to be funny but falls flat 90% of the time. it doesn't have the biggest problem red hood & the outlaws had (where having those three heroes together as a team never really made any sense) but it has everything else that line had in terms of problems.
Uff, guess I'll stay clear for now. I read the free preview issue and I can see what you mean. Plus I'm not a fan of Jason's design (with or without a helmet).

Uff, guess I'll stay clear for now. I read the free preview issue and I can see what you mean. Plus I'm not a fan of Jason's design (with or without a helmet).

also i just read the issue that had that particular cover and it's literally a ton of buildup, like three panels of batman and then it ends on a cliffhanger

Aizo

Banned
Speaking of Remender, I remember reading a letter from a fan in (I think) an issue of Deadly Class, and the fan was talking about how he and Remender have a lot in common due to the things they've both been through. It sounded like some pretty rough things had happened to him in his past. I don't know anything about comic writers' or artists' personal lives, so could somebody explain that?

I wish I could get a hold of a super dope Black Bolt statue.
This isn't fun? Do you hate fun?
Maybe
"Harley Quinn joins the cast of 'Gotham Academy' as the shool's newest (and wackiest!) guidance counselor!"

"Harley Quinn joins the cast of 'Prez' as President Ross's newest (and wackiest!) cabinet member!"

"Harley Quinn joins the cast of 'We Are Robin' as the latest (and wackest!) "teen" to don the famous stylized R!"

"Harley Quinn joins the cast of 'Cyborg' as the newest (and wackest!) member of Vic Stone's debugging team!"

"Harley Quinn joins the cast of 'Justice League 3001' as the latest (and wackiest!) villain to join Lois Lane's Legion of Doom!"

BAM. Instant sales bump.
DUDE.....
spoilers
Fuck no. What kind of animal would do such a thing?

Donald+trump+sarah+palin+eating+pizza.jpg
It's technically proper business etiquette. Same with cutting a burger in half.

Though honestly it all boils down to "don't be a greedy slob."
What if I eat everything with my hands?

quyJHL7.jpg
vampirehunterd.gif

We are twinsies or we are battling to see who becomes the dominant force in the relationship. Either or.
Sounds like me and my ex-wife!

*cue laugh track*
Always. After all, who doesn't? Savages and peasants, that's who. Same kinda "people" that would put ketchup, mayo or pineapple on their pizzas and/or burgers.

-

I deem this the new comigaf "come at me" gif
http://i.imgur.com/V4xAeex.gif
My burgers consist of mayo, ketchup, cheese, onions. Sometimes pickles or mustard.
Red Hood/Arsenal. Is it any good?
5IInmTs.jpg

I just saw this cover and it's awesome. Has me curious to check out the book.
It's a fun little action title, but personally, Jason and Roy shouldn't be the characters that the book is about.
They're nice.

MCU is starting to seem infuriatingly thin though. Not sure why you'd need a guide book.
You know damn well why someone would need a guide book.
My friends talk about Rat Queen alot

Good fucking book. Frreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom