• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

I kind of want to do a 'where are they now' series featuring people like that guy

'Oh he's a postman now in Minnesota and his opinions are still shit'

This is the part in the story where we find our Kevin Dwayne is a pseudonym used by none other than Axel Alonso

Good that and Howard are the books I know I'll continue for the foreseeable future

Have a long car ride this weekend and thinking of buying Deadly Class, Black Science and Low from that comixology sale. Anything else worth picking up?

Hagi

Have a long car ride this weekend and thinking of buying Deadly Class, Black Science and Low from that comixology sale. Anything else worth picking up?

Strange Girl is supposed to be good. All three of those range from good to holy shit amazing though so you have Remender covered.

Hagi

Don't you like Squirrel Girl?

He's crying tears of joy. He'll only cry real tears when one of the other hijinks books get cancelled which is likely to happen on the DC side at some point. I'm continuously pleased that Gotham Academy is still ongoing.

Messi

He's crying tears of joy. He'll only cry real tears when one of the other hijinks books get cancelled which is likely to happen on the DC side at some point. I'm continuously pleased that Gotham Academy is still ongoing.

Real talk.

I also cry at sad moments in comics. I thought deadly Class would get me this issue but it didn't. Earlier issues did though. I had a gif and everything.

Low has made me visibly angry at times with what characters do.

I love emotions.

Inside-Out.gif

Hagi

Real talk.

I also cry at sad moments in comics. I thought deadly Class would get me this issue but it didn't. Earlier issues did though. I had a gif and everything.

Low has made me visibly angry at times with what characters do.

I love emotions.

Inside-Out.gif

It's a sad book especially when you are looking at these characters who think they have no way out doing shit that is likely to get them killed or worse on a continuous basis. He's writing the shit out the book and really nails the hopelessness feeling I had as a teen. I should catch up with Low now that it's on sale.

Lol Inside Out is the perfect way to represent how I feel reading comics.

Messi

It's a sad book especially when you are looking at these characters who think they have no way out doing shit that is likely to get them killed or worse on a continuous basis. He's writing the shit out the book and really nails the hopelessness feeling I had as a teen. I should catch up with Low now that it's on sale.

Low has that same feeling of hopelessness vs hope. It is so bleak but the moments of hope are so much stronger for it.

My left wrist is hurting a bit today after not having bothered me in quite a while. I think it may be related to holding the awkward SiP book. x_x

Messi

My left wrist is hurting a bit today after not having bothered me in quite a while. I think it may be related to holding the awkward SiP book. x_x

We warned you that if you didn't use the official comicgaf omnibus reading position you would get injured. But nooooo you didn't listen. We have a picture of it for a reason Sarah.

Feel better soon

Messi

Evidence #758 that Marvel has no idea how to handle the floppy=>trade bidness.

Point being that we know that SG monthly sales aint anything exceptional, but then her trade goes and does something like that.

It has to be doing well digitally like Ms Marvel is.

Evidence #758 that Marvel has no idea how to handle the floppy=>trade bidness.

Point being that we know that SG monthly sales aint anything exceptional, but then her trade goes and does something like that.

Actually I think they know exactly what they're doing. North has been on the Bestseller list before. That book was designed to shine in the retail market. Any sales as floppies are probably just gravy.

VanWinkle

Never heard of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, but I just looked it up on Amazon, and it looks like a fun read. I will add that to my wish list. Kind of wish it wasn't only 128 pages long, but that tends to be par for the course with many Marvel books.

Messi

Never heard of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, but I just looked it up on Amazon, and it looks like a fun read. I will add that to my wish list. Kind of wish it wasn't only 128 pages long, but that tends to be par for the course with many Marvel books.

128 amazing pages.

tumblr_nhtgaurfCu1r95nllo1_400.png

We warned you that if you didn't use the official comicgaf omnibus reading position you would get injured. But nooooo you didn't listen. We have a picture of it for a reason Sarah.

Feel better soon

Ah, but I have been! The issue is needing to hold it differently to keep from shutting on itself + the thickness.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm happy

Such a great book. I think I liked Justice even more. You read that one yet? Also, what version is that? My cover looks like this:

I dunno what cover that is. An older one for sure. I bought the book a while ago at a local comic con....that's why it's a TPB and not hardcover. I know my LCS has the absolute edition of KC for sale...might be worth it.

I own and have read Justice. It's actually one of the few events I have in floppies. I also think Justice was a bit better, but I think the event being 12 issues is why. Alex Ross is incredible. I need to find more of his work.

I'm trying to decide if I can get away with cutting out at 4 today. On the one hand, I skipped lunch. On the other hand, I've had literally nothing to do all day due to some fun IT hangups stopping me from getting to any of my work. So it's possible that it could be argued that rather than taking no lunch, I took an 8 hour lunch.

Decisions.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm trying to decide if I can get away with cutting out at 4 today. On the one hand, I skipped lunch. On the other hand, I've had literally nothing to do all day due to some fun IT hangups stopping me from getting to any of my work. So it's possible that it could be argued that rather than taking no lunch, I took an 8 hour lunch.

Decisions.

I'm leaving the office in like 20 minutes.

Fuck it!

Kin5290

Eh, I didn't mind Traviss that much. She was very good at writing military fiction, that much is certain. But man, I'm enjoying Aftermath so far. Do you dislike it that much or are you just having a hard time letting go of the old EU?
People don't like Traviss because she tends to fixate on fantasy, unsustainable warrior cultures that she absolutely obsesses about. These people will invariably be the biggest, baddest motherfuckers on the block to the detriment of characters who already exist in the shared universe. Also she hates, and she'll make sure you know about it, even if it goes completely against everything that already been written. Hence the Jedi turning into amoral, incompetent assholes who can't stand a chance against the glorious Mando'ad (and I won't even touch what she does to the Jedi heroine of the Clone Troopers series) or basically everyone hating on Dr. Catherine Halsey for running the highly unethical SPARTAN II program that arguably saved the human race... including the shady Office of Naval Intelligence officials who directed her to run it. That said, she is a competent writer despite those foibles.

Wendig is just unreadable. It's a shame because the premise was pretty good and it'd be nice to have books with female characters that didn't die pointlessly at the end.

Messi

Freeza, Joe Keating is promising much sadness with the next issue of Shutter. Out next week. Get the tissues ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom