• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Batman '66 crossover in the works

BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. #1
Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by DAVID HAHN
Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
1:25 Variant cover by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ
On sale DECEMBER 23 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
Two 1960s television icons cross paths for a groovy, globe-spanning adventure in this one-of-a-kind miniseries. The deadly organization known as T.H.R.U.S.H. has a new twist in their plans for world conquest—they’re recruiting some of Gotham City’s most infamous villains! Agents Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin bring this information to the one man who knows everything about these new enemies: Batman. Before you can say “Open channel D,” the Dynamic Duo and the Men from U.N.C.L.E. are jetting off to Europe to thwart the schemes of this deadly criminal cartel.

BM66UNCLE_Cv1.jpg

I'm definitely interested.

Owzers

Trump Alert:

Trump is going to be on Fallon tonight.

This ends today's Trump Alert.

edit: I also finished Atomic Robo volume 3, i didn't like it as much as i hoped i would but i still love Robo's personality/exchanges with characters.

What is this!? "From the creator of Berserk"?

How about the creator of Berserk starts drawing some fucking Berserk again?

From Berserk creator Kentaro Miura comes Giganto Maxia, a science-fiction/fantasy manga of titanic proportions! One hundred million years in the future, the Empire of Olympus uses colossal mutant beasts to crush its adversaries. Only the gladiator Delos, the mystic Prome, and the titan Gohra can hope to prevent genocide!
• Miura's Berserk is an international sensation, inspiring wildly popular TV and film anime.

Why are they bullet-pointing Berserk as a selling point for this? This is not Berserk.

I will buy the shit out of it anyway

:(

Why are they bullet-pointing Berserk as a selling point for this? This is not Berserk.

He love that Idol Master brah. Should say in that description it's Idol Master meets Mad Max Fury Road with a hint of Japanese cinema sensibilities inspired by Akira Kurosawa!

Hagi

Avoid this at all costs unless you have a fetish for golden showers.

VanWinkle

Finiished the second volume of The Ultimates by Mark Millar. That was really great.

Starting Marvel 1602 by Neil Gaiman now. Tomorrow I'm getting eight new graphic novels in from Amazon and InStockTrades, which are:

Strange Science Vol. 1 (The first volume was only $5.60 and it seems kind of interesting)
Nightwing Vol. 1 Bludhaven
DC Comics Zero Year
Batman Eternal Vol. 1 (Really excited to read this...480 pages long!)
Batman Vol. 2 City of Owls (so excited to finish that owl storyline. It's amazing)
Batman Gates of Gotham
Batman Gotham by Gaslight
Batman Dark Victory

Don't know what I'll read next. Probably one of the Batman ones, and then go to Superman: The Men of Tomorrow.

Tizoc

This manga was like from 1-2 years ago, and it's fucking amazing. Guts'll get off that boat when he gets off the boat, until then get this manga.
Also glad to know it's getting an official english release, you pesky easily pleased whippersnappers can be good for something sometimes.

Consider it dropped.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Just buy it and judge it for yourself, Berserk had child rape, what's in Gigantomakhia is totes lighter.

It's weird trust me. She pees on him to heal him, it's weird. It's also not very good so there's that as well. I blame Idolm@ster to be honest.

Prison School.

Owzers

I've purchased too many Image vol 1 trades because now i think about reading one and i'm quite iffy on things like C.O.W.L, Umbral, It Girl and the Atomics, Pretty Deadly, Nailbiter, etc etc.and they are really starting to accumulate without increased reading desire. Image vol 1s are starting to become my new Steam sale equivalent, only i stopped buying all Steam games.

I've purchased too many Image vol 1 trades because now i think about reading one and i'm quite iffy on things like C.O.W.L, Umbral, It Girl and the Atomics, Pretty Deadly, Nailbiter, etc etc.and they are really starting to accumulate without increased reading desire. Image vol 1s are starting to become my new Steam sale equivalent, only i stopped buying all Steam games.

C.O.W.L is pretty interesting and it ends with the second trade.

Hagi

Squire

Banned
Lemire's X-Men is my most anticipated book and I'm hyped for the new status quo between the Mutants and Inhumans.

It's definitely. Not sure how I feel about the inevitable X-men/Inhumans crossover event, but I like Soule too, so it could turn out fine.

How the fuck can you mention Aaron's X-Men before Whedon though? Huh?

Edit: Oh wow, fuck this Terrigen shit.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That crossover makes sense.
They're getting a lot of mileage out of Batman 66. It's lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. The issues I've seen have done a good job at capturing the corny, but I didn't think it would be that popular.

The more and more they're going "Here's the '66 take on Harley Quinn, on Bane, this cancelled Two-Face episode that never got the green light...", the more fascinated I am. Like... what is the '66 take on Court of Owls? Do they do a '66 Nightwing?

Sandfox

It's definitely. Not sure how I feel about the inevitable X-men/Inhumans crossover event, but I like Soule too, so it could turn out fine.

How the fuck can you mention Aaron's X-Men before Whedon though? Huh?

The mist is obviously just a plot device to start up the conflict.

Hagi

I'm not really sure how this is going to work seeing as Terrigen has been used by mutants and depowered mutants in the past and only lead to a few exploding heads and crazy short term power gain with occasional horrible side effects. Sterilization seems like some Krogan genocide type shit where someone has purposely created something to wipe out Mutants.

I take issue with the whole retread of Mutants getting hunted down and hated by the human populace as well. Especially with the huge explosion in Inhuman population who really differ in name alone. Time will tell though.

Squire

Banned
I'm not really sure how this is going to work seeing as Terrigen has been used by mutants and depowered mutants in the past and only lead to a few exploding heads and crazy short term power gain with occasional horrible side effects. Sterilization seems like some Krogan genocide type shit where someone has purposely created something to wipe out Mutants.

I take issue with the whole retread of Mutants getting hunted down and hated by the human populace as well. Especially with the huge explosion in Inhuman population who really differ in name alone. Time will tell though.

The bolded could very well end up being the big reveal in the inevitable event book, but I'm thinking Secret Wars is letting them retcon a lot of little esoteric things like how Terrigen works/has worked
because the multiverse has been recreated, but not exactly as it was before.

Hagi

The bolded could very well end up being the big reveal in the inevitable event book, but I'm think Secret Wars is letting them retcon a lot of little esoteric things like how Terrigen works/has worked
because the multiverse has been recreated, but not exactly as it was before.

Yeah probably plus Quicksilver is Inhuman now so you can throw all the sniffing crystals shit out the window.

I will say that so far Lemire's Extraordinary X-Men has been the only new X-title to spark my interest based on the cast of characters featured, but the revelations of that preview are such a retread of the last fifteen years of X-Men status quo that I am reconsidering that interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom