• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Read some Valiant. Cure for the common crossover.

don't bother, I'm booing myself out

maxresdefault.jpg

V

So, which comic do you think has done the best world building for you? I mean places and cities and cultures and civilisations. Maybe something with deep hooks into more real places (like Fables or Neverwhere) or something completely fantastic.

Mine would be Top 10 and The Incal.

I really love good world-building. One of the reasons I am really excited to start reading Kamandi.

Zombine

Banned
So, which comic do you think has done the best world building for you? I mean places and cities and cultures and civilisations. Maybe something with deep hooks into more real places (like Fables or Neverwhere) or something completely fantastic.

I really love good world-building. One of the reasons I am really excited to start reading Kamandi.

Literally everything from Jodorowsky.

Mignolaverse for me

Late to this, but you should really check out We Are Robin. It's quite good. Not quite Omega Men tier, but damn good comics all the same. Easily on par with Gotham Academy.

I'm super hyped for Robin War.

so i read we are robin because VanWinkle insisted i try it.

first two issues weren't bad, but the third issue ruined what it had going for it.
why the fuck did they make alfred the guy behind it? this very much goes against the whole "bruce isn't needed as batman anymore"--now alfred is letting bruce be happy while putting a bunch of other kids at risk instead? it's especially disappointing as it was starting to look like they were being led by a bad guy--build up a team of people who think they're actually doing good because at first they might be, but in the end use them as a tool to do things without them knowing it, like virgil and co in young justice.

frye

Akira's Neo-Tokyo and King City's, well, King City. Otomo and Graham (and Moebius) are guys who can create a real sense of place in comics which as evidenced by pretty much everyone else is real fucking hard

Literally everything from Jodorowsky.

I've only read the three Incal books and those alone have already put him up there with Banks and Tolkein and Oda for me.

Mignolaverse for me

I have only read the first two LEs. Does the Mignolaverse go on to expand its scope and scale past the current set up? (Which seems limited to present day earth and old tales and myths).

Akira's Neo-Tokyo and King City's, well, King City. Otomo and Graham (and Moebius) are guys who can create a real sense of place in comics which as evidenced by pretty much everyone else is real fucking hard

I have Akira in my backlog but will need to track down King City.

I like the new My Books layout on the Comixology website. Guessing it's old news but it's an improvement.

Shattered Empire and Vader were good.
I'm guessing that was the night Little Poe was conceived.

I have only read the first two LEs. Does the Mignolaverse go on to expand it's scope and scale past the current set up? (Which seems limited to present day earth and old tales and myths).

Well between Hellboy and BPRD and everything else, I would say that it does expand quite a bit.

If manga counts though, then One Piece is my choice. Oda keeps expanding in every direction and it's insanely impressive.

Zombine

Banned
I like the new My Books layout on the Comixology website. Guessing it's old news but it's an improvement.

Shattered Empire and Vader were good.
I'm guessing that was the night Little Poe was conceived.

Hey you know that's something I was confused about. I thought that was
Poe but the timeline does not match up at all. How much time takes place between 6-7? Because Oscar Isaac is not super young lol

Tizoc

Others have mentioned some good titles, for me it'd be Transformers MTMTE
You don't want to know about Simanzi Massacre

Michigan gonna Michigan. Only the start of September and the local temperature has hit 58F. Predicted to hit the low 40s tonight. Had to turn on my heater. -_-

Messi

I have been getting Injured a lot lately

Well Freeza's knees are gone. Her heart is still in the comics game but the body is shutting down. She can't hold omnibuses anymore.

I am here for titles but it is known that I will move on to bigger and better things in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom