• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Cincy Comic Con pick ups

B'wana Beast commission (he's riding a giant sized version of my dog) via a local artist. She goes by @JABisaheel on Twitter and Instagram
zwxN49O.jpg

Chris Burnham Batman of Zur-En-Arrh five minute sketch (first time he's ever drawn him)

Toby Cypress' art book and a Kyle Rayner sketch

Miss Martian sketch

Ming Doyle signed copy of Mara

GHA Simon variant

Cameron Stewart Batgirl print

Messi

That Batgirl print 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Was that Zur-En-Arrh name hard to say out loud?

I'm sure you guessed from me liking almost everything on Twitter, but sick pickups Tim! Love the ones by Burnham and Stewart,

I even looked to see if the Batgirl print was available online and it wasn't noooooooo ;__; (at least I have you Power Girl)

Splatt

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/09/EXTRAXM2015001_PREVIEW-3.png[/IMG

So apparently the Terrigen Mist is not only killing mutants, but it's also sterilizing the mutants that are still alive. [URL="http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/12/as-marvel-confirms-terrigen-mist-kills-mutants-could-ms-marvel-foreshadow-whats-to-come/"]Ms. Marvel is also alluding towards this.[/URL][/QUOTE]

House of ideas...

Neoxon

Until the crossover event between all the X-Men/Inhuman books, anyway.
That's what I'm hoping for. I was pretty sure that the whole Marvel-Fox blood feud wouldn't spill over into the comics, but it's looking to be the case. And I was really looking forward to Tom Taylor's run of X-23 as Wolverine to be something that was for the long-term.
As you can tell, I'm a huge Tom Taylor fan.

tim1138

I'm sure you guessed from me liking almost everything on Twitter, but sick pickups Tim! Love the ones by Burnham and Stewart,

I even looked to see if the Batgirl print was available online and it wasn't noooooooo ;__; (at least I have you Power Girl)

Thanks man!

As always it was a great show. It's as much fun to walk to around and talk to creators as it is to buy anything. It's a super relaxed, laid back atmosphere and you can tell the creators are having a good time. Although it was a major bummer to find out Ryan Browne had 15 issues of GHA plotted out but knew after 5 issues he had to end it soon.

Squire

Banned
That's what I'm hoping for. I was pretty sure that the whole Marvel-Fox blood feud wouldn't spill over into the comics, but it's looking to be the case. And I was really looking forward to Tom Taylor's run of X-23 as Wolverine to be something that was for the long-term.
As you can tell, I'm a huge Tom Taylor fan.

The movies aren't affecting anything. The X-Men always come into conflict with some other group and the Inhumabs could stand to be more popular. They'll fight for six months, hug it out, and that'll be that.

Tom Taylor is pretty good.

Neoxon

The movies aren't affecting anything. The X-Men always come into conflict with some other group and the Inhumabs could stand to be more popular. They'll fight for six months, hug it out, and that'll be that.

Tom Taylor is pretty good.
I really hope that you're right.

tim1138

Toby Cypress told me something cool about Omega Men. Apparently after all twelve issues are out you'll be able to lay the books out, open each issue to a certain page, and it will make an omega symbol. He wasn't sure how it was going to work, but that sounds amazing.

Toby Cypress told me something cool about Omega Men. Apparently after all twelve issues are out you'll be able to lay the books out, open each issue to a certain page, and it will make an omega symbol. He wasn't sure how it was going to work, but that sounds amazing.

Damn, that's cool XD

Oh man, that's pretty rad.

Weiss

Banned
Can the X-Men movies just bomb so the rights go back to Marvel and we can stop pretending people actually care about the Inhumans?

How do a bunch of incestuous space racists work as your minority metaphor anyway?

Thanks man!

As always it was a great show. It's as much fun to walk to around and talk to creators as it is to buy anything. It's a super relaxed, laid back atmosphere and you can tell the creators are having a good time. Although it was a major bummer to find out Ryan Browne had 15 issues of GHA plotted out but knew after 5 issues he had to end it soon.

Yeah sounds really fun. Last time I went to SDCC was before I was really into a lot of creators so I didn't walk down Artist Alley much and I really regret it. I think there's a con in Ft Lauderdale soon but I probably won't go. Maybe next year I'll try to go to one.

Shame to hear about GHA too since I know you love it. I've been meaning to read it since I have the first series or whatever and the most recent #1.

Neoxon

Can the X-Men movies just bomb so the rights go back to Marvel and we can stop pretending people actually care about the Inhumans?

How do a bunch of incestuous space racists work as your minority metaphor anyway?
Too late, the Inhumans movie is on track for 2019. And given Marvel Studios' track record, said Inhumans are gonna become household names like the Guardians did after their movie. The wheels are already in motion, & the odds of Inhumans being Mavel's first flop aren't that good.

We can hope for the F4 rights to revert, but the X-Men are fine where they are.

Too late, the Inhumans movie is on track for 2019. And given Marvel Studios' track record, said Inhumans are gonna become household names like the Guardians did after their movie. The wheels are already in motion, & the odds of Inhumans being Mavel's first flop aren't that good.

I'll believe Inhumans is a success when I see it. Guardians at least had the benefit of a long (well, by modern standards) and critically acclaimed run to draw from. Inhumans has what, a Paul Jenkins mini from 15 years ago?

Plus, isn't that after Infinity War? I have to imagine a lot of people will be 100% done with comic book movies after that point. That's a ten year story across multiple media brought to a close, plus DC and Valiant's offerings. I think people will just be done with the whole thing by then. I love comics and I can't pick up the enthusiasm for more movies at the moment. Combined with the amount of TV shows, I feel swamped.

Messi

If x-men went back to marvel they would 100% take priority over Inhumans. Marvel are pushing Inhumans because they don't have x-men. No other reason.

tim1138

Yeah sounds really fun. Last time I went to SDCC was before I was really into a lot of creators so I didn't walk down Artist Alley much and I really regret it. I think there's a con in Ft Lauderdale soon but I probably won't go. Maybe next year I'll try to go to one.

Shame to hear about GHA too since I know you love it. I've been meaning to read it since I have the first series or whatever and the most recent #1.

The nice thing about Cincy Comic Con is it's all comics, there's no C and D list celebrity nonsense taking up floor space. It's in a nice space with large aisles so you never feel cramped or bottled in. They do the show right, and based on the lineup every year, the creators really enjoy it.

Based on the success of the Blast Furnace Kickstarter (fully funded in seven hours and so far it's almost doubled the original goal with like 12 days to go), GHA may come back that way. He really wants to do more with it.

Hagi

They've got like ten movies in the works from now till 2019, somethings going to have to give eventually. I just want to see Lockjaw on the big screen and I'll be happy.

Tizoc

If x-men went back to marvel they would 100% take priority over Inhumans. Marvel are pushing Inhumans because they don't have x-men. No other reason.

Well of course they'd push for the X-men, that however still doesn't explain why Marvel is pushing the Inhumans now after being ignored for decades.
The 3rd phase of their movies could've been done without them and none would be the wiser.

tim1138

Jeff Parker was probably the coolest guy at the Con. After he found out my wife is a teacher he gave her a free copy of his Meteor Men graphic novel for her schools library.

Squire

Banned
So then, presumably Beast is with the Inhumans so he can try to work out why the mist is hurting the mutant population.

Medusa is reasonable. I can't see her being opposed to that.

Messi

Well of course they'd push for the X-men, that however still doesn't explain why Marvel is pushing the Inhumans now after being ignored for decades.
The 3rd phase of their movies could've been done without them and none would be the wiser.

Because they have plans after phase 3 that we are not privy to.

Hagi

They are trying to have X-men without actually having X-men. They don't really have another property to push as an ensemble without veering into shit like West Coast Avengers. They lucked out with Space Avengers so why not try their hand at notMutant Avengers.

Squire

Banned
Inhumans are mutants as far as the MCU and particularly the mainstream audience is confirmed.

They're even taking powered characters that aren't even mutants in the comics and making them into Inhumans, as evidenced by Agebts of SHIELD. Like, it's more or less confirmed that
the Secret Warriors will all be inhuman in the MCU.

Not really thrilled about that, but it is what it is.

Bii

I had went to SDCC for a years before I started to talk/interact with creators. I'd always avoid going through Artist Alley. Just in the past two years, that's where I spend the majority of my time. Besides, who goes to SDCC for comic-related stuff anyway??

Cincy Comic Con pick ups

B'wana Beast commission (he's riding a giant sized version of my dog)

Chris Burnham Batman of Zur-En-Arrh five minute sketch (first time he's ever drawn him)

Toby Cypress' art book and a Kyle Rayner sketch

Miss Martian sketch

Ming Doyle signed copy of Mara

GHA Simon variant

Cameron Stewart Batgirl print

Lovin' what you got, tim. Especially that B'wana Beast one.

Sandfox

I'km expecting the new Inhuman books to do decent enough.

So then, presumably Beast is with the Inhumans so he can try to work out why the mist is hurting the mutant population.

Medusa is reasonable. I can't see her being opposed to that.
Beast is probably just a traitor like usual.
Maybe they just realized that the awesomeness of Black Bolt needs to be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom