• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started reading Simonson's Fantastic Four. The first issue (#334 I think) deals with a possible general superhero registration act. I had just assumed it was first done in Astro City, as a take on the mutant registration act.

Edit: d'oh. Watchmen did it too, though that was a general ban.

Something I'm curious about that crossed my mind. Do issues ever get changes when they are published in trades? I mean corrections/changes to the art and/or dialogue.
The first volume of Lobdell's Teen Titans took out a monologue where Tim talks about being a Robin. I have the first issue on Comixology and I think it's still there.

Something I'm curious about that crossed my mind. Do issues ever get changes when they are published in trades? I mean corrections/changes to the art and/or dialogue.

Sometimes, yeah. First example that comes to mind is Injustice, they fixed this panel that looked super fucking terrible in the original release. Which is a shame, because if it wasn't for the incredibly bad art, it would've been a really powerful moment.

Deadpool already had a history that supported Remender's take, though. Lobo's very deliberately one-note.
But it doesn't change what I said. It would just be a greater effort. Would you not agree that the design change alone was indicative of that? Quite honestly I'm actually interested in that book now because it looks like a character that can actually fit into the world.

The first volume of Lobdell's Teen Titans took out a monologue where Tim talks about being a Robin. I have the first issue on Comixology and I think it's still there.
Was it a good monologue? Because that sounds disappointing

But it doesn't change what I said. It would just be a greater effort. Would you not agree that the design change alone was indicative of that? Quite honestly I'm actually interested in that book now because it looks like a character that can actually fit into the world.

Was it a good monologue? Because that sounds disappointing

Eh... honestly? I'm not a Lobo fan, but I get the appeal. Not everything requires complexity to be enjoyable. Traditional Lobo is big, dumb, over-the-top violence and giggling about same. For some people, that's all they're looking for.

Eh... honestly? I'm not a Lobo fan, but I get the appeal. Not everything requires complexity to be enjoyable. Traditional Lobo is big, dumb, over-the-top violence and giggling about same. For some people, that's all they're looking for.
I'm not much of a Lobo fan either, and quite honestly his look in Young Justice is his best look, and I know not everything needs to be complex. But I just think that if they can make him more than an "extreme," one-note character, than why not?

I'm not much of a Lobo fan either, and quite honestly his look in Young Justice is his best look, and I know not everything needs to be complex. But I just think that if they can make him more than an "extreme," one-note character, than why not?

Because his fans are the people who like that he's an "extreme," one-note character, and the people who don't like it aren't going to buy the book, new design or no new design.

So I started Simone's Secret Six: why is Talia with this new Legion of Doom? She's not really the type. Also what did the heroes do to Doctor Light? Is this a Crisis thing?
Because his fans are the people who like that he's an "extreme," one-note character, and the people who don't like it aren't going to buy the book, new design or no new design.
Sure. I still don't think it's a bad idea to try to make him more than that,

So I started Simone's Secret Six: why is Talia with this new Legion of Doom? She's not really the type. Also what did the heroes do to Doctor Light? Is this a Crisis thing?

Sure. I still don't think it's a bad idea to try to make him more than that,

If you're talking about the Infinite Crisis tie in that spun off into Secret Six (Villain's United), a lot of it ties into Identity Crisis. No idea what was going on with Talia at the time though, Bat books are one area of DC I'm lacking in.

So now I'm running into the issue you get after you finish a series that was super meaningful to you: How the hell do you follow it up? Anyone have any ideas on what direction I should take things? Something lighter/more fun? Something I feel will be strong by itself? Something I think will be interesting but maybe not totally engrossing? Do I read Ultimatum to make my real next read seem that much better?

So now I'm running into the issue you get after you finish a series that was super meaningful to you: How the hell do you follow it up? Anyone have any ideas on what direction I should take things? Something lighter/more fun? Something I feel will be strong by itself? Something I think will be interesting but maybe not totally engrossing? Do I read Ultimatum to make my real next read seem that much better?

Nothing is worth reading Ultimatum, IMO.

Honestly, I'm never sure what to do after I wrap up a series I'm really engrossed in. Typically, I just browse GAF and reread/watch old favorites until something new catches my eye.

Nothing is worth reading Ultimatum, IMO.

Honestly, I'm never sure what to do after I wrap up a series I'm really engrossed in. Typically, I just browse GAF and reread/watch old favorites until something new catches my eye.

Well, that's the thing. I have a few things I'm certainly quite interested in reading and have already gotten some of them, but I'm just a bit worried about whatever I pick unfairly feeling "meh" given where my mind is. Maybe a short break from heavy reading is the way to go. Let my head clear and all that.

Messi

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Owzers

I threw up last night...because this DC news is so disgusting.

Take over Messi's life, go to his comic shop, and drop all harley titles leaving the clerk stunned. " No thank you, Harley was a mistake." That's the dream.

Well, that's the thing. I have a few things I'm certainly quite interested in reading and have already gotten some of them, but I'm just a bit worried about whatever I pick unfairly feeling "meh" given where my mind is. Maybe a short break from heavy reading is the way to go. Let my head clear and all that.

I tend to pick a few random superhero books at a time like that. They are so hit-or-miss that I don't feel too bad however they turn out. (Like Gari when eating Sushi).

If you're talking about the Infinite Crisis tie in that spun off into Secret Six (Villain's United), a lot of it ties into Identity Crisis. No idea what was going on with Talia at the time though, Bat books are one area of DC I'm lacking in.
She's apparently the leader of H.I.V.E. now. Or not? I'm not sure.

Either way I want a DC animated movie that adapts the first arc of this. "Secret Six: Villains United". It'll be grand.

1. Talk about it a bit
2. Start reading other stuff
3. Be intensely reminded that Sturgeon's Law most certainly remains A Thing
4. Bless the Mignolaverse, all praise be unto him

1. Talk about it a bit
I have! I'm not even sure what else to say about SiP. It's also one of those things where I sort of feel it's hard to talk about it without making the entire posts spoilered.
2. Start reading other stuff
Well yeah, the tricky part is figuring out what won't be somewhat spoiled by being looked at in comparison.
3. Be intensely reminded that Sturgeon's Law most certainly remains A Thing
Yes, which is terrifying and depressing.
4. Bless the Mignolaverse, all praise be unto him
True! I suppose there are still a few parts of that I haven't read. :p

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Ed! I finally got to Rage against the Jackal yesterday. It was pretty cool, man. Good work.

I did notice there's
a typo on page 20, though. It say's "over" when it's supposed to say oven".

Don't know if anyone had mentioned it yet, this thread always seems to move fastest when I don't look at it for a few days.

Messi

Read SiP kids so you can enjoy more hijinks and then get to this wonderful page.

VgiORbu.jpeg

So beautiful :(

Hey, Ed! I finally got to Rage against the Jackal yesterday. It was pretty cool, man. Good work.

I did notice there's

Don't know if anyone had mentioned it yet, this thread always seems to move fastest when I don't look at it for a few days.
This is why I need an editor haha

Thanks for reading! I've mentioned it before but you can keep reading it at rageagainstthejackal.com it just won't be in glorious HD and guided view

Yes. But it's time I move out really soon.

It's clear that they'll never acknowledge that they have done wrong in their lives to me and my siblings. And it's clear that ever since I was born, I was nothing but a parasite and ruined their lives living with them.

Can anyone even go through the mental gymnastics to understand my dad's reasoning on
why he cuffed me to my own bed (naked) and was struck using his belt
was because I made him do it? It's insanity. I was 13 and I don't know even know what I did wrong.
Jesus christ. That's serious abuse and it sounds like it would actually be very healthy for you to move away from that. Just leave when possible.

ElNarez

Banned
welp I think I'm ready for anything non-Skull related MGSV is gonna throw at me, because I just got the silenced tranq sniper rifle for Quiet

PS: the creamy peanut butter Twix are trash, it's like, holy fuck, everything about them is disappointing. I'm pretty sure the chocolate is worse than on regular Twix.

Messi

I suppose I could do this digitally since DC is being so slow in new paperback collection releases.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. Pity it's only 3 issues currently. Why couldn't SiP go on forever, Messi? Why?

Better for it to live long in the memory than to go on and overstay it's welcome.

Read Rachel Rising and fall in love again

Well yeah, the tricky part is figuring out what won't be somewhat spoiled by being looked at in comparison.

True! I suppose there are still a few parts of that I haven't read. :p

Was more of a comment on the What Happens When You Finish a Good Book cycle*

Have you ever heard of our lord Mangoes? Plenty of quality stuff there too. If you're looking for silliness with wrasslin', kengo bancho currently has me covered. silliness with butts is keijo. For feels, mangaf was going cray over oyasumi punpun or whatever it was called. When in doubt, there's always mushishi and nobunaga no chef.

*:
Y The Last Man is not A Good Book.

"...but the remaining 10% is worth dying for."

Ain't no book worth dying for. Well, i guess except the quran. Technically.

I did notice there's

I saw it, but I'd forgotten by the end of it.

This is why I need an editor haha

Thanks for reading! I've mentioned it before but you can keep reading it at rageagainstthejackal.com it just won't be in glorious HD and guided view

Undeniable proof that patience is a virtue.

Boogiepop

So... I've made a bit of a mistake. Intended to do that Valiant bundle, but for whatever reason wanted to wait till about the end before deciding if I wanted to go in for the $50 or whatever. But... I ended up forgetting before going to sleep. Welp.

I suppose next time I should probably set a reminder/alert/whatever.

So... I've made a bit of a mistake. Intended to do that Valiant bundle, but for whatever reason wanted to wait till about the end before deciding if I wanted to go in for the $50 or whatever. But... I ended up forgetting before going to sleep. Welp.

Ignore listed.

Better for it to live long in the memory than to go on and overstay it's welcome.

Read Rachel Rising and fall in love again

Rachel Rising is worth reading, then? I wasn't sure if I should touch it at the risk of being completely disappointed. :x

The worst part is that you could have always increased the amount spent after the fact anyway. D:

Boogiepop

If it helps alleviate my sin any, I actually will be giving Valiant a try before super long. For a somewhat roundabout reason I'll be getting 2 of the old volume ones, probably sometime within a month.

Was more of a comment on the What Happens When You Finish a Good Book cycle*

Have you ever heard of our lord Mangoes? Plenty of quality stuff there too. If you're looking for silliness with wrasslin', kengo bancho currently has me covered. silliness with butts is keijo. For feels, mangaf was going cray over oyasumi punpun or whatever it was called. When in doubt, there's always mushishi and nobunaga no chef.

I should probably look into reading some manga again since I haven't done much of that. I know there's certainly stuff there I have enjoyed and more that I would enjoy.

welp I think I'm ready for anything non-Skull related MGSV is gonna throw at me, because I just got the silenced tranq sniper rifle for Quiet

PS: the creamy peanut butter Twix are trash, it's like, holy fuck, everything about them is disappointing. I'm pretty sure the chocolate is worse than on regular Twix.
Why are you playing the game on easy mode?

Messi

Rachel Rising is worth reading, then? I wasn't sure if I should touch it at the risk of being completely disappointed. :x

The worst part is that you could have always increased the amount spent after the fact anyway. D:

It is amazing all of Terry's solo stuff is amazing

Squire

Banned
She's apparently the leader of H.I.V.E. now. Or not? I'm not sure.

Either way I want a DC animated movie that adapts the first arc of this. "Secret Six: Villains United". It'll be grand.

I really wish they had made Secret Six as a film instead of Suicide Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom