• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E the Shaggy

I saw some Extraordinary X-Men Post Secret War spoilers:

The terrigen mists are not only killing current mutants but also sterilizing mutants/stopping mutants from being created. HOW CONVENIENT!

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I saw some Extraordinary X-Men Post Secret War spoilers:

The terrigen mists are not only killing current mutants but also sterilizing mutants/stopping mutants from being created. HOW CONVENIENT!

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif
So its the usuall All Mutants are fucked and almost extinct story line we get all ten years?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But this time it matters because INHUMANS INHUMANS INHUMANS
How many X-Books do we get? We have even one more Main Line book more than after AvX.

X-Men will be fine. The only one with a problem are the Fantastic Four. And they will return when Fox exchanges them for the X-Men TV rights.

Messi

How many X-Books do we get? We have even one more Main Line book more than after AvX.

X-Men will be fine. The only one with a problem are the Fantastic Four. And they will return when Fox exchanges them for the X-Men TV rights.

Keep Jordan as the torch pls

What have you read?

I'll admit that the only manga I've read even vaguely recently was a year or so ago when I went through the entirety of Sailor Moon content starting with Sailor V. Quite enjoyable for what it is.

Shoujo or Shonen?

Given my above answer and the fact that two of the western comic series that I can most easily say are all-time favourites are Sunstone and now Strangers in Paradise, well, I'll let you figure which of those two target demographics I most closely fit into if forcing me to fit into one of the two. :p

mreddie

Secret Wars delays are getting really tiresome. Dragging AForce and Silver Surfer is ass.

Fred Hembeck variants in December!

portrait_uncanny.jpg

portrait_uncanny.jpg

portrait_uncanny.jpg

portrait_uncanny.jpg

portrait_uncanny.jpg

Given my above answer and the fact that two of the western comic series that I can most easily say are all-time favourites are Sunstone and now Strangers in Paradise, well, I'll let you figure which of those two target demographics I most closely fit into if forcing me to fit into one of the two. :p

I think you'll like Ranma. :p

Inuyasha is pretty good up until is drags and repeats although I've only watched the anime. I'ma also throw in One Piece cuz One Piece.

tim1138

We live in a world where Omega Men gets cancelled and Robert Venditti is still shitting all over the GL and Flash books. Amazing.

ElNarez

Banned
We live in a world where Omega Men gets cancelled and Robert Venditti is still shitting all over the GL and Flash books. Amazing.

The comics industry will keep itself fucked if it can't see that kneejerk reactions to Diamond numbers is cutting your nose to spite your face, because those numbers are pretty much based on pre-orders and you can't expect an audience that's new to comics and the purchasing of them to go to that level of commitment.

You can't even expect them to go to comic shops, which is why you make it worse by not having timely TPB releases. Look at how well Squirrel Girl is doing collected and tell me seriously that couldn't be Prez or Omega Men.

So a senior DC Editor is a serial sexual harasser.

And it's probably Eddie Berganza? And there's probably three other guys in Big Two comics who are just as bad as him and Edmondson?

Comics: I love you but stop being hella fucked.
I remember hearing something to that effect
they did OM dirty. "sure you'll get 12 issues no matter what the sales are"

She's apparently the leader of H.I.V.E. now. Or not? I'm not sure.

Either way I want a DC animated movie that adapts the first arc of this. "Secret Six: Villains United". It'll be grand.

I think it would be cool for them to replace squad on Arrow, though they probably wouldn't be able to use deadshot.

until they want them for the movies too :(

I suppose I could do this digitally since DC is being so slow in new paperback collection releases.
I literally just bought both TPB collections
This is ridiculous. What the hell is going on over there?
I really wish they had made Secret Six as a film instead of Suicide Squad.
I feel like Secret Six requires a far more established universe, though. Maybe that's just me.
But this time it matters because INHUMANS INHUMANS INHUMANS
The hate continues, I see.
I think it would be cool for them to replace squad on Arrow, though they probably wouldn't be able to use deadshot.

until they want them for the movies too :(

They could always use King Shark.

The comics industry will keep itself fucked if it can't see that kneejerk reactions to Diamond numbers is cutting your nose to spite your face, because those numbers are pretty much based on pre-orders and you can't expect an audience that's new to comics and the purchasing of them to go to that level of commitment.

You can't even expect them to go to comic shops, which is why you make it worse by not having timely TPB releases. Look at how well Squirrel Girl is doing collected and tell me seriously that couldn't be Prez or Omega Men.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

they did OM dirty. "sure you'll get 12 issues no matter what the sales are"

So trustworthy.

Got a job interview tomorrow. I really need this, so much. If the universe wants to do me a solid, tomorrow would be a good day.

I think you'll like Ranma. :p

Inuyasha is pretty good up until is drags and repeats although I've only watched the anime. I'ma also throw in One Piece cuz One Piece.

OK, while I admit I recall mostly enjoying what of Ranma I read back over a decade ago and it certainly has broad appeal in its audience (I know nothing of the details of Inuyasha or One Piece manga), I do need to say that the direction of your suggestions is, shall we say, interesting given your question and my response. :p

I literally just bought both TPB collections

It's really fantastic stuff.

What about the drop from 2-3

10-15% drops for the next 2-3 weeks, then stabilise.

Edit: What Freeza said.

That 50% statistic is pretty surprising to me. I rarely pick up just the 1st issue of something.

#1s are usually over ordered by comic shops because they don't know how many will sell. By #2 or #3, they usually know how many to order. Plus many big books have variant covers for #1s.

http://comicbookpage.com/Podcast/

I've been listening to these guys, they usually have pretty good discussions about sales numbers.

ElNarez

Banned
Keep in mind that #1s are usually over ordered by comic shops because they don't know how many will sell. By #2 or #3, they usually know how many to order. Plus many big books have variant covers for #1s.

Basically, the Diamond numbers are based on pre-orders and guesstimates, which stop three weeks (or however long the final cut-off date is at right now, it's been a while) before the books actually hit the shelves and get into people's hands. Then, you lop off a bit at the top to get returns into account and you have data that's about as accurate a picture of the comic book industry as looking into animal innards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom