• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Does everyone remember this horrible mistake of a costume that was only used for like 2 issues and then the marvel universe ended. Dodged a bullet there folks.

angela2014003009-col-colors-revised3-small-120922.jpg

Messi

I think Angela has become one of my fave characters in Marvel comics right now. The stuff they are doing in Secret Wars and the stuff they have planned for after seems super cool. Marguerite Bennett is doing great work.

Well shit. It seems at the very least Angela will have that shit costume back at the start of Queen of Hel lol.

Better look at the new dope costume. Headpiece looks awesome here.

VanWinkle

Oh my goodness. Has anybody here read Batman Gates of Gotham? I just started it, and the artwork is simply AMAZING. I love the art style so much. I wanted to take a break after barely starting it, though, cause I already read a whole other graphic novel today and want to pace myself, and plus it's short at only 144 pages long.

Also, read Superman Men of Tomorrow and it was really good. To be honest with you, I heard John Romita Jr has been a huge name in comics, and this was his first art I've seen, and I wasn't huge into it. It wasn't bad really, but to me that faces just looked weird and disproportionate.

Messi

We should all just be happy that she's not wearing an 18 inch wide belt instead of pants anymore.

Agreed.

In other annoying news. It seems in today's solicits it confirms that Grayson Vol 2 is not getting a hardcover after Vol 1 did. So can we assume Graysons hardcover didn't do well? Why wise would they not do another. I hate that shit.

I totally forgot to read 1602 Witch Hunter Angela before today. I love how they sprinkle in all these cameos of other Marvel characters.

We should all just be happy that she's not wearing an 18 inch wide belt instead of pants anymore.

That was pretty funny, though.

Hmm. Anka Captain Marvel sounds like it's the same premise as Bucky's current book. Though Carol is getting Alpha Flight and Abigail Brand as her supporting cast.
So I have to pick up a Carol book to get my Brand love?
Marvel's X-Men Solicitations for December 2015.

• Uncanny X-men #1 & 2
    fI8waal.jpg
    LEPWIhW.jpg

Source: Comic Book Resources
So why isn't this just called Uncanny X-Force? I'll pick this up, but Psylocke and Fantomex together again? Yeesh. I mean, I liked their chemistry in the previous two X-Force books, but round three is tiresome. Though, considering Fantomex's predicament at the end of Spurrier's X-Force, it may be a bit more interesting.

Also, Psylocke is a boring character and I really don't care about her anymore. Remender did a solid job, and Spurrier did an okay job ("Oh no, I'm killing again, but eh I guess whatever").
Yeah, Gaiman won her from a lawsuit against McFarlane and brought her over to Marvel. It's also why Angela issues of Spawn were being excluded from recent trade collections.
I did not know that. Explains her origins of "She just showed the fuck up, I guess."

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Don't really have anything to talk about, but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I miss you guys.

Hey Messi, you see this? Could be something.

NEW ROMANCER #1
Written by PETER MILLIGAN
Art and cover by BRETT PARSON
On sale DECEMBER 9 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 12, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS
Fired from a cushy job in Silicon Valley, Lexy becomes a coder for New Romancer, an Internet-dating app that’s seen better days. To create fake profiles, she plunders characteristics from history’s most notorious lovers. Using little-known writings by Ada Lovelace, the world’s first computer programmer, Lexy pushes the boundaries of coding and accidentally unleashes history’s greatest lover: Lord Byron. Online dating meets courtly love in this paranormal rom-com by Vertigo veteran writer Peter Milligan and rising art-star Brett Parson (Tank Girl).

You are missed :)

Though I'm rarely around myself these days...

Man you have the third highest amount of posts in here

I'd be all in for the Astro City sale but I can't keep dumping money like I have been on these. I bought a bunch from Fantagraphics and the Remender sales. Shame too, cause I really liked the one issue I did read of it.

Squire

Banned
So I have to pick up a Carol book to get my Brand love?

So why isn't this just called Uncanny X-Force? I'll pick this up, but Psylocke and Fantomex together again? Yeesh. I mean, I liked their chemistry in the previous two X-Force books, but round three is tiresome. Though, considering Fantomex's predicament at the end of Spurrier's X-Force, it may be a bit more interesting.

Also, Psylocke is a boring character and I really don't care about her anymore. Remender did a solid job, and Spurrier did an okay job ("Oh no, I'm killing again, but eh I guess whatever").

I did not know that. Explains her origins of "She just showed the fuck up, I guess."

Uncanny is a legacy brand. It's probably purely because of that; The name carries weight.

That said, it's definitely going to be UXF Vol. 3 in spirit. I still have a hunch this was a Remender book, given Betsy, Fantomex, Archangel, inverted Sabretooth, and even Mystique (to a certain, limited extent) are Remender characters.

Magneto is right up Remender's alley (and hey, remember his part in Uncanny Avengers?) and anyone and everyone should want to be writing M because M is perfect, plain and simple.

Bunn is the most logical second choice for the book just because he wrote Magneto.

Betsy is good though.
So is Carol.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This Netflix rumor slate with Deathlok, Spider-Woman and Moonknight. My good, I hope this what I need on a sleepy morning to get excited

Man, a show based of McDuffys Deathlok would make me go insane. Please, this needs to happen.

Uncanny is a legacy brand. It's probably purely because of that; The name carries weight.

That said, it's definitely going to be UXF Vol. 3 in spirit. I still have a hunch this was a Remender book, given Betsy, Fantomex, Archangel, inverted Sabretooth, and even Mystique (to a certain, limited extent) are Remender characters.

Magneto is right up Remender's alley (and hey, remember his part in Uncanny Avengers?) and anyone and everyone should want to be writing M because M is perfect, plain and simple.

Bunn is the most logical second choice for the book just because he wrote Magneto.

Betsy is good though.
So is Carol.
Yeah I'm looking forward to the book a lot. Betsy is okay, though I wish they'd do something different. Feels so recycled.

Also Carol is basically a female Hal Jordan to me

Squire

Banned
This Netflix rumor slate with Deathlok, Spider-Woman and Moonknight. My good, I hope this what I need on a sleepy morning to get excited

Man, a show based of McDuffys Deathlok would make me go insane. Please, this needs to happen.

Oh shit. Spider-Woman is what I really want.

AoS gets a lot of love. Not from me. I like it, but the acting isn't anything great.

Show got hella fun in the second season. The characters got major elevations. Definitely a prime time show though. Not for everybody. I'm glad it was able to win me over though.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the book a lot. Betsy is okay, though I wish they'd do something different. Feels so recycled.

Also Carol is basically a female Hal Jordan to me

I hear you. That definitely occurred to me too, no doubt.

Spider-Woman Netflix? Honestly my next round of four shows would've been Punisher, Moon Knight, Elektra, and then a Misty Knight/Colleen Wing buddy show

Also I just wanted to throw in that I genuinely love AoS. I look forward to it every week.

Nah I really am surprised that I never made the comparison
Ahaha gotcha. Seemed obvious to me. Air Force pilot gets alien powers and their personalities feels similar

Squire

Banned
I'm really excited for season 3 to start. More than I expected to be. S2 ended in a great space.

Yeah, Carol and Hal are bullheads. They respect authority (as soldiers do) but they speak their mind and never back down either. They're the kind of people that get in bar fights. I like that.

Man, Spider-Woman and Moon knight shows would be amazing.
I'll be honest; I dunno much about Spider-Woman, but she don't seem all that interesting. Never really has. Is there a definitive run of hers that I can read?
Yeah, Carol and Hal are bullheads. They respect authority (as soldiers do) but they speak their mind and never back down either. They're the kind of people that get in bar fights. I like that.
Yeah, for sure. They just also seem...I dunno. Boring, I guess? It's just never really been an interesting archetype to me.

Squire

Banned
I'll be honest; I dunno much about Spider-Woman, but she don't seem all that interesting. Never really has. Is there a definitive run of hers that I can read?

Yeah, for sure. They just also seem...I dunno. Boring, I guess? It's just never really been an interesting archetype to me.

Modern Spider-Woman is a Bendis character. He brought her back into the spotlight for New Avengers and wrote her post-Secret Invasion solo. I really like her in NA. She has this slickness too her. She's cool, honestly kinda sexy. The current book by Hopeless is good stuff.

I see what you mean about Carol/Hal. The archetype is definitely not for everybody.

ElNarez

Banned
Is Ramos, Land and Bagley the worst lineup of artists the X-Men ever had? Like, good golly, Uncanny's pitch sounds way cool -it's basically Gillen's Extinction Team Part Deux- but it's Greg Goddamn Land, and man, I don't like that one bit.

Squire

Banned
Is Ramos, Land and Bagley the worst lineup of artists the X-Men ever had? Like, good golly, Uncanny's pitch sounds way cool -it's basically Gillen's Extinction Team Part Deux- but it's Greg Goddamn Land, and man, I don't like that one bit.

They put out a few pages of Extraordinary #1 last week. Ramos work looks gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom