• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Spurrier, how was X-Men Legacy? I heard it was great.
Not something I would expect many people would like but I thought it was very good. The depiction of Legion as he battles insecurity even though he is one of the most powerful characters was handled really well. Something you don't see often.

Here is a great write up on it from comicsalliance

That piece convinced me to try it out and the series convinced me to try anything out Spurrier does in the future.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Asked in last month's thread, but it was closed shortly after. Would be surprised if anyone had read any of them, but just in case...

So I saw that all of the Farscape comics are on sale. I am sure they are not great or anything, but is there any enjoyment out of them possible if you were a fan of the show?

Squire

Banned
Randomly got the urge to read something with Songbird (marvel) in it, any good storylines with her involved recently?

I don't know anything terribly recent, but Songbird is a Thunderbolts character, first and foremost. If you're familiar with Civil War, Warren Ellis' run of Thunderbolts picks up right after that. It's two arcs over twelve issues and it's great. It changes authors, but it's still good afterward. I'm reading it now.

Songbird is cool. She's going to be a great Avenger.

The art for that looks phenomenal but I'm not so sure about the story yet. Gonna have to hear more on that.

Ryan Kelly is an incredible artist.

Last book I read with him was Three, a book about three slaves taking on 300 Spartans, also basically a big fuck off to the glorification of the 300 Spartans story.
GBFhZNo.jpg

Weiss

Banned
Randomly got the urge to read something with Songbird (marvel) in it, any good storylines with her involved recently?

Songbird's a pretty consistent fixture through the various Thunderbolts series. Thunderbolts Classic, Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts and Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts all prominently feature her, and they're all pretty great.

She's also going to be in the upcoming New Avengers series.

Owzers

Hmmmm finished Mad Max Fury Road, that was quite a movie but i think i preferred the Road Warrior to it. There is a thing as moving too fast, i felt like the first half of Fury Road was being watch while fast forwarded and that Road Warrior had more character too it. Fury Road was a great spectacle though.

I don't know anything terribly recent, but Songbird is a Thunderbolts character, first and foremost. If you're familiar with Civil War, Warren Ellis' run of Thunderbolts picks up right after that. It's two arcs over twelve issues and it's great. It changes authors, but it's still good afterward. I'm reading it now.

Songbird is cool. She's going to be a great Avenger.

Yeah Civil War is where I started to like her character, randomly popped into my head this afternoon lol.

Songbird's a pretty consistent fixture through the various Thunderbolts series. Thunderbolts Classic, Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts and Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts all prominently feature her, and they're all pretty great.

She's also going to be in the upcoming New Avengers series.

Two for two, I will hunt a few of these issues down and see if it hooks me.

Zombine

Banned
Hmmmm finished Mad Max Fury Road, that was quite a movie but i think i preferred the Road Warrior to it. There is a thing as moving too fast, i felt like the first half of Fury Road was being watch while fast forwarded and that Road Warrior had more character too it. Fury Road was a great spectacle though.

Road Warrior = Better Pacing
Fury Road = Better Villain/Furiosa/bigger spectacle

Humongous is kind of lackluster with the exception of his look.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Not much, really. I don't get a ton of time to play on weeknights. Maybe 5 or 6 hours so far.

Yeah I have the same problem. Especially now while I'm trying to get through three and a half more season's of Doctor Who in the next two weeks.

I'll be picking it up this weekend though. I'll need periodic breaks from the Doctor.

ElNarez

Banned
Ryan Kelly is an incredible artist.

Last book I read with him was Three, a book about three slaves taking on 300 Spartans, also basically a big fuck off to the glorification of the 300 Spartans story.

I did not make the connection before and holy shit this book is gonna rule.

Read through all of Lady Killer volume 1.

Fun read all the way through, even if it did get rather gruesome at the end. Joelle Jones's art is lovely and I really dug the style and setting. The covers being parodies of old ads and whatnot was great stuff.

Is there going to be any more of this?

Yep. Three is also the last good book Kieron Gillen has done.
I will come to your Wal-Mart and fight you
Read through all of Lady Killer volume 1.

Fun read all the way through, even if it did get rather gruesome at the end. Joelle Jones's art is lovely and I really dug the style and setting. The covers being parodies of old ads and whatnot was great stuff.

Is there going to be any more of this?
I believe that's the plan, because i think it was pretty successful. don't quote me on this

I believe that's the plan, because i think it was pretty successful. don't quote me on this

Neat. I'm down for more.

Finally settled on what to get from the Fantagraphics sale. Ended up with Megahex and some Love and Rockets. Didn't need to buy as much as I did buuut I figure it'll be fun.

Mindwipe

Just coming to the end of book 2 of Batman: Knightfall.

A lot of this reads like a parody of how grimdark the 90s were. But, y'know, it's not.

Also Jean Paul is kinda like a Gamergate parody twenty five years early.

Owzers

Amazon is ruining my statue buying plans for easier paint returns, Lois Bombshell was at 20% off and i was waiting to order until it got just a tad bit salier but now it's temporarily out of stock and the Batman Jock statue i wanted is also temp out of stock and never went on sale, put an order in for the Lois but statues were a mistake.

Still hoping my Batwoman Bombshell pre-order at dcbs isn't disappointing quality-wise.

Also, i'm going to read comics today. After watching Mad Max Fury Road yesterday it felt like i drank a lot of caffeine and was on edge. Stop speeding up footage people, tooooo fast.

Tizoc

So unbeknownst to me, amazon appears to have decided to ship the following items TOGETHER, which I expected to be released weeks apart-
DanganRonpa AE
Black Panther Vol. 1 by Chris Priest
Capcom Tribute Fanart book
One Punch Man Vol. 1 and 2

Never have I been freaking out over reading 'Preparing for shipment' 3 days in a row before :V

So unbeknownst to me, amazon appears to have decided to ship the following items TOGETHER, which I expected to be released weeks apart-
DanganRonpa AE
Black Panther Vol. 1 by Chris Priest
Capcom Tribute Fanart book
One Punch Man Vol. 1 and 2

Never have I been freaking out over reading 'Preparing for shipment' 3 days in a row before :V

I got my copy of Capcom Fighting Tribute with my IST order the other day. Pretty great book m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom