• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
x_x

You astound me. Not in the good way.
image.php

But if I read it for free, am I undervaluing it?

Messi

Alana and Marko are going to do some wicked shit after
Those people kidnapping Hazel and them not seeing her for years. They will be desperate.
It's gonna be nasty.

tim1138

Of course it was selling horribly. There was no plot. That said, it was really entertaining. But you can't tell me it was mentioned many times here, because we can go for over a month without this book getting a mention.

A quick search shows me GHA was mentioned at least once in every monthly thread for as long as the book was being published. I talked quite a bit about it ending when Ryan Browne told me that July was the last issue. Either way, the fact that issue 10 was the last issue was hardly a state secret that is just now being announced.

The story missions I played were breathtaking and the cinematic are gorgeous. Tons of amazing additions to the game, and with the prison of elders existing, along with how freely motes and strange coins flow now, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get a bunch of exotic stuff every week. I'm ready to buy multiple things from Xur on Friday.

so much this all over the place

i got through the third mission before work and my jaw is still at home

sunbreaker titan is the single most empowered feeling game mechanic i've ever played. every aspect of it, the sound, the effects, the sheer stopping power. It's unprecedented in current game experience.

every mission is different and EVERY mission is (GASP) connected. You do three things in a mission to get you from point a to point b and then (WHAT) point b leads you directly to point c in the next mission.

the visual design of the new weapons is beyond compare. sleek suros industrial design with vanguard colors and graphics are just the best looking equipment i've ever seen in a game

you know how they make every weapon look like a forza car in the UI but then half the weapons look like jalopys? every single weapon i've seen has a philosophy and a sleekness to it. i am actually attached to my gear on a much deeper level. it's not just the first legendary I got, it's got personality and legit beauty to it

and that says nothing about how much more you're invested in your charac just by virtue of seeing their damn mug allatime. when i pledged my faction, I really thought about what my Awoken Brienne of Tarth Titan would choose, how does she view defending the city. even the subclass quests serve as a mission statement for each class. you're no longer just one of three options you're rotating through weekly. you have a purpose.

and i ain't even talking about the new grimoire stuff, which enhances the hive storylines to an astonishing degree. anyone in this thread, people who thrive on world building and compelling mystery and surprises, i honestly don't understand how everyone on earth won't be playing this game every day from here on out considering how much they improved on what was already so enjoyable to begin with

what's the point in resisting, poodlestrike? this game is a gift.

Marvel's solicitations for December, featuring a new Guardians series!

Also, Gwenpool!

Sure I'm curious, Marvel. Very curious. Six-dollar curious? Hmmm, not sure about that.

Punisher Max Collection, finally.

Between that and Priest's Black Panther (hopefully including The Crew) I think that just about completes my early-aughts Marvel post-bankruptcy collection. Just need some Bruce Jones Incredible Hulk to round it out, I think.

You talk a big game, Birdie, but you talked a big game then. When the game was most definitely not a gift, and in fact felt more like a punishment. Something that I so desperately, DESPERATELY wanted to love, but was constantly pushing me away. As to buying it... we shall see. I have... um, all of 20 bucks to my name atm, so it's definitely not on my scorecard in the immediate future. And then there's bills, and also comics. But... maybe in November. If I'm not just playing Anno.

Punisher Max Collection, finally.

Between that and Priest's Black Panther (hopefully including The Crew) I think that just about completes my early-aughts Marvel post-bankruptcy collection. Just need some Bruce Jones Incredible Hulk to round it out, I think.

The Crew! I fucking loved that book. That was gonna be something special.

You talk a big game, Birdie, but you talked a big game then. When the game was most definitely not a gift, and in fact felt more like a punishment. Something that I so desperately, DESPERATELY wanted to love, but was constantly pushing me away. As to buying it... we shall see. I have... um, all of 20 bucks to my name atm, so it's definitely not on my scorecard in the immediate future. And then there's bills, and also comics. But... maybe in November. If I'm not just playing Anno.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i am a mark for marks its true

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Which means $25 on IST. And did you see the size of it? 12 x 7.5
I'm so in for that. It's what I've wanted since the beginning.

Read it for free then.

It's excellent.
Whats 12 x 7.5 inch? Is that OHC size or bigger?

And really bummed about the BruceBats GM Deluxe Editions. Expected similar things like in the DickBats And Inc Deluxes, where he explains stuff, but there is nothing at all :(

And yay @ The Fade Out ending at 12. Perfect OHC size.

Is The Private Eye coming to Comixology?

I only read two issues and then forgot about it. My memory is bad to begin with, and it wasn't part of my Wednesday ritual.

Remember when Mad Hatter was on a black-ops supervillain team?

You know what I like about books like Secret Six? It takes characters that no one gave a shit about for about 80% of the time, and focuses on them. Any of these characters, save for Scandal and Deadshot, I wouldn't have cared about in the slightest. Now? Catman and Ragdoll 2 are my boys.
Here's a preview:

Denis Medri's art looks like it's getting better from issue 1.

I still don't like Arsenal's design.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That's surprising, its been great.
Did they plan on ending it at 12?
I'm assuming it was entirely planned, since they can do whatever they want with their Image deal, and issue 12 would mark the end of Act 3. That would make sense.

Thanks for the greetings, kids. Much appreciated.

I'm intrigued by The Violent #1 from the December Image Solicits. I didn't like Brisson's Sheltered, but I quite enjoy his crime comics (which you can read here for free: http://www.murderbookcomic.com ).

The only good news that I could sort from the August sales list is that Invader Zim did well. I have yet to read my two issues but they look crazy good and Vasquez is an indie comics god so, you know, as it should be.

And what's this about The Private Eye? Vaughan was all "This shall never see print!" Wasn't he? Meh. I read the first few issues. It was pretty cool, I reckon. I don't love the pay model. Just pick a price already. Don't make me do it. Feels like work.

Messi

Marvel are totally going with Jess being in costume while pregnant huh. Odds on her actually fighting while pregnant ?

Messi

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Spider woman's baby is
--------------------- an alien ------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom